New gym dads: how did your gym schedule change with a new born?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I am trying to figure out if my only major change will be sleepless nights. I typically hit the gym at 5-6a

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly the first few weeks I stopped going completely. Our little one didn't sleep well for awhile so I was far too spent to do anything but survive and get to know the lil poop machine. As she started sleeping more I had to start going on my lunch break as mornings could be a crap shoot with my wife going back to work. Once she settled into a routine and started sleeping more I eventually was able to get back to normal and go around 545 am. Congrats on the lil one and enjoy those first weeks, they go by fast!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Congrats brother on the new addition to the family! My gym schedule was nonexistent after I had my sons. I would usually go during my lunch break when I went to work. Ya gotta be creative and find time here and there to get some type of workouts in. What I tell other people who don't have kids is this: it's that hardest job you will ever love...

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Haha thanks guys! We are 32 weeks so it's becoming real. Little girl on the way that I could not be more happy to be having.

jmaplewood

Awards
Congrats man! Don't plan on getting anything done around the house for quite a while. I'm usually really motivated, but once my boy came along all I want to do is get home and hang out with him. Took me almost a year to get the living room painted! I took about 1.5 months off from lifting other than a random workout here and there, but got back into it quick. I lift at home though, so I would try to get it done during naps or whenever I had an hour or two. Now he's big enough I just put him in the bouncer or walker and he watches me lift. Enjoy every minute man they get big ridiculously fast.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I used to put mine in a walker to workout at the crossfit box. After he started walking though me and my wife had to take turns working out cause we couldnt keep him from running around with weights flying around everywhere. Now i workout at a gym with a daycare so it's cool. With newborns though its hard. You and your woman gotta take turns letting each other have a little alone time. Thats just how it works. My alone time is lifting. Kids are great though. I have 2 boys and a little girl on the way.