Batman v Superman

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
no reason for wonder woman to be in this at all- her role was pointless. she left man kind 100 years ago and just happens to show up now? not when superman was fighting Zod? pointless
lex was horrible- had a chance to really bring that character back to life and they screwed it up

believe the vision that bruce saw - in the future was brought on by lex- if you watch when bruce starts opening the files something happens to him. comic books that revealed a superman future always showed superman with clones of himself- why would there be soldiers with guns? stupid

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Batman was pissed at Supes bc he unintentionally killed his friend in the building. But Superman was fighting Zod when all that happened. Zod's objective was to take over earth and enslave the human race. So if a few hundred die in exchange for saving the planet, I'm good w that

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Batman was pissed at Supes bc he unintentionally killed his friend in the building. But Superman was fighting Zod when all that happened. Zod's objective was to take over earth and enslave the human race. So if a few hundred die in exchange for saving the planet, I'm good w that
somewhat- more because someone with that amount of power shouldnt exist

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
But the fact that he does and does not abuse his power is what makes superman special

YouBet33

YouBet33

Awards
I honestly had no problem with the movie, I enjoyed every second of it. It was nice to see a darker side of batman

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
But the fact that he does and does not abuse his power is what makes superman special
yup- untill hes hit with red krypto and all hell breaks loose lol- part of the reason superman gives batman green krpto

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Batmans final outfit kicked ass . Zod was nice for cg and wonder woman was sexy!
Only f up i noticed was louis lane half drowned then coughed up no water ..totally not wat should have happened . 4/5 stars kids even loved it.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
The whole angst, love/hate bromance between Batman and Superman nearly killed me. As far as Wonder Woman, she didn't forward the plot much, but she was the only one taking care of Business with Doomsday, while BM & SM were flailing around.
In my opinion, they should have cut out the first half of the movie then retitled it Wonder Woman: Party Of One.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Batmans final outfit kicked ass . Zod was nice for cg and wonder woman was sexy!
Only f up i noticed was louis lane half drowned then coughed up no water ..totally not wat should have happened . 4/5 stars kids even loved it.

You're just like me!
- Guy from another planet that can fly and is indestructible? I can believe that.
- Billionaire that has awesome toys that Gates, Jobs, or Musk don't have? I can believe that.
- Hundred+ year old Amazon warrior with a power lasso? I can believe that.
- Almost drowned and didn't cough up water? Totally unbelievable!! What kind of hack dreamed that s**t up?? It totally ruined the movie for me. I mean ... at least make it credible!

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
My Batman v Superman review:
So spoiler free...here is what I thought.
Batfleck nailed it...he is a beast and a direct result of what would happen if a vigilante fought evil in a city for years and years and lost countless loved ones along the way...Batman in this movie is brutal...

Cavill: A step up in character development from Man of Steel, and while MoS was action heavy, BvS has issues with trying to develop everyone else's character's arcs as it falls short of further developing Clark's.

Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, I found myself wishing Michael Rosenbaum from Smallville was playing Lex or hell anyone else for that matter. Eisenberg made Luthor come off as a shrill, sociopathic hipster...not exactly what you want in a super villain.

Wonder Woman's part was small but stood out as Gal Gadot quietly carried the role, she did an excellent job.

Amy Adams, Jeremy Irons, and Holly Hunter all did good supporting work.

The action was super spread out and the storylines super choppy and all over the place.

My main gripe is that the movies tries to be a jack of all trades and fails at nearly all.

Don't get me wrong Batman and Superman's fight is excellent... As is Batman taking on any number of thugs he encounters in the movie.

Some of the Justice League foreshadowing is going to go over the heads of casual viewers so some of those storylines that go nowhere may make sense later.

All in all the movie was passable...I give it a 5.5 out of 10...I would have loved to have been blown away but I simply wasn't. So that's my 2 cents.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
My Batman v Superman review:
So spoiler free...here is what I thought.
Batfleck nailed it...he is a beast and a direct result of what would happen if a vigilante fought evil in a city for years and years and lost countless loved ones along the way...Batman in this movie is brutal...

Cavill: A step up in character development from Man of Steel, and while MoS was action heavy, BvS has issues with trying to develop everyone else's character's arcs as it falls short of further developing Clark's.

Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, I found myself wishing Michael Rosenbaum from Smallville was playing Lex or hell anyone else for that matter. Eisenberg made Luthor come off as a shrill, sociopathic hipster...not exactly what you want in a super villain.

Wonder Woman's part was small but stood out as Gal Gadot quietly carried the role, she did an excellent job.

Amy Adams, Jeremy Irons, and Holly Hunter all did good supporting work.

The action was super spread out and the storylines super choppy and all over the place.

My main gripe is that the movies tries to be a jack of all trades and fails at nearly all.

Don't get me wrong Batman and Superman's fight is excellent... As is Batman taking on any number of thugs he encounters in the movie.

Some of the Justice League foreshadowing is going to go over the heads of casual viewers so some of those storylines that go nowhere may make sense later.

All in all the movie was passable...I give it a 5.5 out of 10...I would have loved to have been blown away but I simply wasn't. So that's my 2 cents.
agree about MR as Lex but wonder woman didnt need to be introduced now. Actress role was good, but she was thrown in the movie to save Batman, which was pretty stupid. Hes Batman and for the 1 time in his life he had no escape plan or device to help him? He always, always, always had something. Even in the 70's -lol

My theory on bruce seeing superman (futuristic view which is shown in trailer) was a hypnotic device used on him to alter his perception of Superman. He just happened to daz out when reading a file??? WTF is that? Batman doesnt fall asleep like that; again its stupid

Lex character was for saving mankind sorta and is so smart to keep the labs up and running, but becomes completely stupid at his on party? That scene when he does that made no sense. None- its - yes here it comes- stupid

the big fight scene, superman didnt x ray any of the surroundings? nothing at all? if he couldnt because of lead he should have figured something was up. stupid

and in the future, superman didnt have people with guns when he was shown as an evil threat. he had clones. Guys with guns, stupid

and the area that the krypo came from was taped off. taped off, wtf no one guarding, no one thought, "hey we might want to move this from the water especially because its close to where people live" stupid

and your rating of 5.5 out of 10 was generous

thought i was going to say something else, lol

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
agree about MR as Lex but wonder woman didnt need to be introduced now. Actress role was good, but she was thrown in the movie to save Batman, which was pretty stupid. Hes Batman and for the 1 time in his life he had no escape plan or device to help him? He always, always, always had something. Even in the 70's -lol

My theory on bruce seeing superman (futuristic view which is shown in trailer) was a hypnotic device used on him to alter his perception of Superman. He just happened to daz out when reading a file??? WTF is that? Batman doesnt fall asleep like that; again its stupid

Lex character was for saving mankind sorta and is so smart to keep the labs up and running, but becomes completely stupid at his on party? That scene when he does that made no sense. None- its - yes here it comes- stupid

the big fight scene, superman didnt x ray any of the surroundings? nothing at all? if he couldnt because of lead he should have figured something was up. stupid

and in the future, superman didnt have people with guns when he was shown as an evil threat. he had clones. Guys with guns, stupid

and the area that the krypo came from was taped off. taped off, wtf no one guarding, no one thought, "hey we might want to move this from the water especially because its close to where people live" stupid

In the 70's he had BamBam0319 in green spandex helping him out!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established

For sure a lot of plot holes, I didn't mind Wonder Woman but you're right Adam West would have never needed her help against Doomsday... Lol

The dream sequence is more directed at comic nerds... There is an Omega symbol in the sand when Batman emergences from the bunker...Omega is the symbol for Darkseid who is some comics turns Superman evil, also he has flying warriors (parademons) that you see come down to fight Batman. So then when Bruce first wakes up he's seeing the Flash who has time travel powers and he's trying to warn him. So if you're a huge nerd it kind of makes sense, hopefully Justice League will tie all that together.

The ending makes it seem that Lex Luthor already communicated with Darkseid some how but honestly the writing is so all over the place it's hard to tell.

Fight scenes, even when they didn't make sense, were great but overall yeah this movie could have been tits with better writing and a better director...I'll still see Justice League and Wonder Woman for sure though.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
For sure a lot of plot holes, I didn't mind Wonder Woman but you're right Adam West would have never needed her help against Doomsday... Lol

The dream sequence is more directed at comic nerds... There is an Omega symbol in the sand when Batman emergences from the bunker...Omega is the symbol for Darkseid who is some comics turns Superman evil, also he has flying warriors (parademons) that you see come down to fight Batman. So then when Bruce first wakes up he's seeing the Flash who has time travel powers and he's trying to warn him. So if you're a huge nerd it kind of makes sense, hopefully Justice League will tie all that together.

The ending makes it seem that Lex Luthor already communicated with Darkseid some how but honestly the writing is so all over the place it's hard to tell.

Fight scenes, even when they didn't make sense, were great but overall yeah this movie could have been tits with better writing and a better director...I'll still see Justice League and Wonder Woman for sure though.
absolutely right