Crazy Question: How often do you poop?

N

NotDatGuy9000

Awards
For science reasons.

I go a healthy 2 to 3 times a day. I'm curious if exercise correlates with an increased amount if poo production.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Twice a day, currently. This can change in either direction depending on diet. Exercise routine doesn't effect mine any.

N

NotDatGuy9000

Awards
I have to be careful about protein blends with added enzimes. If I try a new one with a different blend, I am crapping like crazy until I grow accustomed to it. No pain just nasty farts, and explosive bowel syndrome. Or EBS.

I'm curious if it has to do with metabolism ramp-up due to a more active life style, among other things.

A

anabolix

Awards
  • Established
I have heard several doctors say that 2-3 times a day is acceptable, and 4-5 is preferable. The longer feces is in your colon, the greater chance of problems...colon cancer, etc.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
For science reasons.

I go a healthy 2 to 3 times a day. I'm curious if exercise correlates with an increased amount if poo production.
since this is for science, do you want a collection of said poo sent to you

J

jmaplewood

Awards
Usually twice a day, but can vary depending on diet. I find that fiber intake has a lot to do with it, and I think my body has become more sensitive since I have been eating and exercising regularly.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How many are reading this while pooping?

I'll go first. Me

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Psylliums Husks Whole mixed with store brand metamucil, orange, 1 heaping tablespoon of each. Helps me go. I don't usually count. Maybe 4-6 depending on how much I eat. I don't always get my fiber in because of the warning about not taking anything until 2 hours after taking the psyllium or 2 hours before taking it.

N

NotDatGuy9000

Awards
I am careful about fiber. If I eat too much I go way too often, and its got the peanut butter consistency. Its a pain to get put of ass hair.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
3-5 times a day

Trivia sidenote: I produce a lot of.. compost!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Only once per day. Usually in the morning as soon as I wake up. Crazy thing is my fiber intake is 45-49 grams per day. I know some people would go 5 times a day on that.

N

NotDatGuy9000

Awards
I eat an apple, just one, and that's more than enough to get liquid turd ejected at speeds high speeds. Its a shame really considering I love Apples. My mind says yes but my colon says "furrrtthhhtttttt"

I am jelous of those who can handle additonal fiber.

So is it safe to say that most, not all, poo more often due to increased metabolism from exercise. Not due to exercise itself.

D

deadlift655

Awards
Minimum of 4-5 times a day. Though I eat a lot and take lots of Metamucil. Probably get well over 100 grams of fiber a day.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Once to twice a day, but depends on current diet.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
4-5 times a day.

Fiber intake is around 30g daily.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Minimum of 4-5 times a day. Though I eat a lot and take lots of Metamucil. Probably get well over 100 grams of fiber a day.
More fiber is not better. I'd probably cut back on all that Metamucil

D

deadlift655

Awards
I don't get it all from Metamucil. I eat rice,fruit and bags of veggies every day. Without the additional fiber, I would be all backed up and I've tried to go without it.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't get it all from Metamucil. I eat rice,fruit and bags of veggies every day. Without the additional fiber, I would be all backed up and I've tried to go without it.
GI issues differ so much between people. That is a lot of daily fiber, but if that is what works for you then that is what works for you.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dude, there is no way you're eating 100g of fiber lol also, that decreases absorption of micronutrients/vitamins

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, there is no way you're eating 100g of fiber lol also, that decreases absorption of micronutrients/vitamins
Does it really though?. That's why there is a warning on Psyllium Husks and Metamucil, however I've asked this question before and never read any clear conclusive proof either way.

D

deadlift655

Awards
Its an estimate. Probably a little less, but not much. I take about 4 tbspns of Metamucil with my solid meals and with my protein shakes. At least 4 meals a day and that's about 75 grams of fiber right there. Not really interested in going back and forth with anyone though.
I started doing that after reading Author L Reas books where he recommended a higher intake of fiber for body composition changes. He recommended regular cleansing days for lifters as well.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its an estimate. Probably a little less, but not much. I take about 4 tbspns of Metamucil with my solid meals and with my protein shakes. At least 4 meals a day and that's about 75 grams of fiber right there. Not really interested in going back and forth with anyone though.
I started doing that after reading Author L Reas books where he recommended a higher intake of fiber for body composition changes. He recommended regular cleansing days for lifters as well.
I take 1 rounded Tablespoon of Whole Psylliums Husks and Metamucil once per day....4 Tablespoons with every meal....I just don't believe that, because that's an overdose right there. If anyone took that much they would end up in the Emergency Room with a bowel blockage.

D

deadlift655

Awards
This will be my last post on this. I don't even measure the fiber, I pour it into a protein shaker bottle. There's always quite a bit in there. I run to the bathroom first thing in the morning! Usually go two more times within the hour. I have been doing this since I was in college, 10 + years ago. My blood pressure and cholesterol are always good despite the fact that I weigh 290 lbs. I feel like I breathe better and feel better when I take the higher fiber intake. I'm actually surprised that this number seems high to some of you.

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
About twice. Sometimes more if I had a cheat meal the night before.