Are Steroids Really The Answer?

youngbrah

Awards
I've really been thinking about this whole steroid thing that most of us are into. I'm 21 years old, never took steroids but have been researching about them since I was 17...now I have gear, AI's, joint support, cycle support, and PCT's on me in preparation for my first cycle. It kinda just hit me that I'm about to take steroids for the sole reason to try to gain muscle and look better; not to improve in a sport...just for my ego. Decided at 21 I just don't need to be putting exogenous male hormones in my body. I'd love to hear your guys' thoughts on this; and out of curiousity how old you were when you took your first cycle, why you took it, and how you feel about it. Cheers boys:cheers:

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think anyone taking steroids at 21 is insane. I have zero doubt that you or almost anyone at that age has tapped their natural ability to transform their physique through diet, rest, and hard work. Poke around on here, any other board (with sensible members), or ask any older person that has dabbled at a young age and see what their take is and the likely regrets they have from beginning so early.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I've really been thinking about this whole steroid thing that most of us are into. I'm 21 years old, never took steroids but have been researching about them since I was 17...now I have gear, AI's, joint support, cycle support, and PCT's on me in preparation for my first cycle. It kinda just hit me that I'm about to take steroids for the sole reason to try to gain muscle and look better; not to improve in a sport...just for my ego. Decided at 21 I just don't need to be putting exogenous male hormones in my body. I'd love to hear your guys' thoughts on this; and out of curiousity how old you were when you took your first cycle, why you took it, and how you feel about it. Cheers boys:cheers:
not being a d1ck, but from your read, you have your head on straight. so I am sure you have a close relationship with either one of your parents or a family member. why not sit them down, adult to adult and talk to them and get their thoughts.

youngbrah

Awards
not being a d1ck, but from your read, you have your head on straight. so I am sure you have a close relationship with either one of your parents or a family member. why not sit them down, adult to adult and talk to them and get their thoughts.
Don't think you came off as a d1ck. I've been talking to my parents, family, and friends about steroids since I was 17 man. My dad always says that if anyone should be taking steroids, its him and not me. My mom has always said she thinks I shouldn't do them but she knows I'll do what I want:lmao:

youngbrah

Awards
It depends on the question.
I'd love to hear your guys' thoughts on this; and out of curiousity how old you were when you took your first cycle, why you took it, and how you feel about it (how you feel about your first cycle, and how you feel about what I said in general.)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't think you came off as a d1ck. I've been talking to my parents, family, and friends about steroids since I was 17 man. My dad always says that if anyone should be taking steroids, its him and not me. My mom has always said she thinks I shouldn't do them but she knows I'll do what I want:lmao:
Best advice ever ;)

I didn't use testosterone until I was in my 40's. Had I known what I know now about training and diet and dedicated myself to for 15 years at 21 I'd be far bigger and strong today than I am now with testosterone.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It kinda just hit me that I'm about to take steroids for the sole reason to try to gain muscle and look better; not to improve in a sport...just for my ego.
When it comes down to it, isn't ego why most people use steroids? Unless you're getting paid a lot to participate in a sport, why would a sport make the decision any more acceptable?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When it comes down to it, isn't ego why most people use steroids? Unless you're getting paid a lot to participate in a sport, why would a sport make the decision any more acceptable?
anti-aging, virility, longevity and quality of life.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
anti-aging, virility, longevity and quality of life.
Fair enough, I should have been more specific. The type and dosing of steroids that 20 year olds tend to use are typically for ego. Longevity isn't in the cards there.

NotDatGuy9000

Awards
I blame society for making unrealistic expectations of men and not exposing the truth about how often steriods are actually used. I say each their own, but when the society stacks itself against you, you cannot feel that its fair. Steroids, prohormones, and ect gives us the edge to feel relevant. I am in better shape than 80% of my local population, but that's not enough.

At this point to me by using a PH, I am telling society to go F'off. You want me to look like that fine, but by doing so I am above you. I become your idol image, and thus I am set free.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I blame society for making unrealistic expectations of men and not exposing the truth about how often steriods are actually used. I say each their own, but when the society stacks itself against you, you cannot feel that its fair. Steroids, prohormones, and ect gives us the edge to feel relevant. I am in better shape than 80% of my local population, but that's not enough.

At this point to me by using a PH, I am telling society to go F'off. You want me to look like that fine, but by doing so I am above you. I become your idol image, and thus I am set free.
I didn't even need to read your profile to know you are 23 with this post.

So society is to blame for men using steroids because there is so much pressure on the .1% of the public that actually probably uses it. It's so sad for you that you can't feel relevant so it's everyone else's fault. Society is just feeling so embarrassed at itself now that you decided to use prohormones. You showed all of us.

I pity you. Wait, crap, that's exactly what you wanted. Dammit.

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

How can you say you need steroids to make you feel relevant, then say steroids set you free? Sounds more like you're in shackles.

This post is a great example of why most people in their late teens/early 20's take these drugs. They believe they are becoming people's "idols" or that they're "above" others because of this.

They say that people in their 20's overly obsess about what other people think. They want the nicest clothes, the highest status. Then when people get to their 40's they stop caring about what people think. They wear whatever and don't care much about what people think. Then by the time people hit 60, they realize no one was thinking about them anyways. They were only thinking about themselves. Lol.

NotDatGuy9000

Awards
Nope its society, not my age. My struggle is with the crap that gets shoved down my gullet. Clinton and Sanders will get universal health care so I can get my PH's free! They understand my struggles. I am a victim of societal pressures.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Nope its society, not my age. My struggle is with the crap that gets shoved down my gullet. Clinton and Sanders will get universal health care so I can get my PH's free! They understand my struggles. I am a victim of societal pressures.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, he is playing the part of a millennial. Should have seen it.

NotDatGuy9000

Awards
[ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°]Caught me under my bridge I see!

In all seriousness, I take it because of my ego. No outside reason because I want to look like the prince of all sayians.
If you're a manlet might as well embrace your inner Vegeta.

Attachments

NotDatGuy9000

Awards
*purses lips and waves around like Trump* I never heard of that guy. I will never be that guy, but I am that guy.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well for you I'd say "No" but for me.....

[video]https://youtu.be/r4hRB1jdaMQ[/video]

Lol!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The decision making part of the brain isn't fully developed till after the age of 25.
So what you're saying is that we should raise the age of voters? I afraid it's too late as we have people who are already in their 70s that don't have that part of the brain fully developed. Case in point: presidential candidates.

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
OP, I am in the exact same boat as you. 21 years old and Have all the stuff ready for my first cycle. Honestly, the only reason why I even decided to obtain everything now was because I found a good source that was going private soon so I wanted to grab my goods now for whenever I am ready. I don't think taking steroids because of your ego is as bad as everyone seems to think. Like someone else said earlier, at the end of the day, no one really gives a ****. So if that's what you want to do and the lifestyle you choose to lead, then that's fine. As long as you know the risks that accompany it and are willing to accept them then I think that's fine. Tons of people make lifestyle choices everyday that we may not agree with, but it's not up to judge. Just my two cents. PM me if you wanna talk about it more brah.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Probably the most mature comment from someone about to make a very poor decision.

youngbrah

Awards
OP, I am in the exact same boat as you. 21 years old and Have all the stuff ready for my first cycle. Honestly, the only reason why I even decided to obtain everything now was because I found a good source that was going private soon so I wanted to grab my goods now for whenever I am ready. I don't think taking steroids because of your ego is as bad as everyone seems to think. Like someone else said earlier, at the end of the day, no one really gives a ****. So if that's what you want to do and the lifestyle you choose to lead, then that's fine. As long as you know the risks that accompany it and are willing to accept them then I think that's fine. Tons of people make lifestyle choices everyday that we may not agree with, but it's not up to judge. Just my two cents. PM me if you wanna talk about it more brah.
I'm liking your wavelength brah, I can't pm you (yet) because I need to hit 50 posts lol

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
I did my first cycle at 26, many years ago and actually wish I waited a few more years. I know I could've naturally put on more mass. I'd wait until you're atleast 30. Don't kill your natural test in your 20s.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
I've been trying to write a reply but it's not allowing me to – give me some kind of error because it's a new post or something – will try again – as I was in a very similar situation to you about 30 years ago – and I will tell you my story

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
I'm almost 50 and did steroids off and on from age 20 to 23. I went to a division one school in the 80s where these drugs were not only readily available but encouraged. Back then we had no PCT - we just crashed and dealt with it. It was a very interesting time to say the least. I had tremendous strength before the "juice" as we called it (600lb squat and 350lb natural lifts). I did my first cycle of Dbol and anavar and went from 215lb with 15 % body fat to 225 / 9% and looked and felt phenomenal. I entered this world due to frustration with my lifts from surgeries and athletic injuries - I felt I needed to get back my edge. If I had stopped with that cycle - all would have been well. The problem was - I became emotionally addicted to the size and feeling while on the juice. This lead to an almost drug addicted mentality where I was always searching for my next batch of drugs - and whatever I got my hands on I took liberally. It got crazy - shooting Test and dropping two anadrols a day, plus whatever else I had. As a result - I had to drop out of school and became a mental case for a semester before getting my head back on straight. There were other effects of this too: aggression, lack of libido, high BP, liver pain, acne and depression. There was a great article that appeared in the late 80's in Sports Illustrated called "My Nightmare of Steroids" - about a UNC football player's horrific experience with these drugs. I remember reading that article and thinking "holy crap. this is me". See if you can google it - worth a read. Anyway - I can't tell you what to do - only to be careful if you go down this route, play it safe and dose low. There are SARMs out now which I am not familiar with bit claim to be a safer alternative but I'm not sure I believe the hype. Good luck with your choice and keep us posted.