cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
picture of my B hole

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
forarm tattoos are retarded. stick to shoulder, back, chest.
the only place worst i can think of is getting your face tatted or a tramp stamp

although i will admit full sleeve tats can look good on certain people but thats about it.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
the only place worst i can think of is getting your face tatted or a tramp stamp

although i will admit full sleeve tats can look good on certain people but thats about it.
Screw you dude

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1455573845.416430.jpg

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've got some big pieces I've been planning out. Getting my forearm done next.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have the image king Kong on the empire state building holding the girl but instead of king Kong it's Charles Darwin and instead of the empire state building its the Vatican and instead of holding the girl he is holding the pope. I also have Sagan's star stuff quote and the evolution of man on that forearm. On my other arm I have Moses on one side and Jesus on the other.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
whyyyyyyyy... that should only take an hour to do right

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
I have the image king Kong on the empire state building holding the girl but instead of king Kong it's Charles Darwin and instead of the empire state building its the Vatican and instead of holding the girl he is holding the pope. I also have Sagan's star stuff quote and the evolution of man on that forearm. On my other arm I have Moses on one side and Jesus on the other.
If this is real...I have no adequate words lol

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I ****ing wish I was in Chicago right now (or soon). My favorite artist in the world (Ien Levin from the Ukraine) is a guest artist there for a couple weeks. Guy is ridiculously good at the style I love.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So be a good friend and don't let him do it
Nah, I can't stand giving advice to people who won't take it. He says as long as it looks good, it'll be worth it. He got 2 bands on his biceps and paid $350. My thigh tattoo was only $300.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nah, I can't stand giving advice to people who won't take it. He says as long as it looks good, it'll be worth it. He got 2 bands on his biceps and paid $350. My thigh tattoo was only $300.
Ahh he's being like that. Yeah, his money I suppose but that's such a waste.

I'm having a dilemma right now. I'm obsessed with a couple celebrity tattoo artist's work and have been waiting for the right time to get work from them, but I don't want to wait anymore :/ Getting the itch for new ink, right now, but reeally wanted mainly work from these 2 people from Europe on me (Berlin & Ukraine).

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ahh he's being like that. Yeah, his money I suppose but that's such a waste.

I'm having a dilemma right now. I'm obsessed with a couple celebrity tattoo artist's work and have been waiting for the right time to get work from them, but I don't want to wait anymore :/ Getting the itch for new ink, right now, but reeally wanted mainly work from these 2 people from Europe on me (Berlin & Ukraine).
I just want to laser my sleeve off.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just want to laser my sleeve off.
And I just want to get my other leg done, my arms, my inner forearms, a back piece that goes down one leg and across the opposite arm, and my chest. That's all Not too much :D

napalm

napalm

Awards
Im kinda partial to the Japanese style, I'm covered in them. I had 2 Horiyoshi designs done in the Philippines last year.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im kinda partial to the Japanese style, I'm covered in them. I had 2 Horiyoshi designs done in the Philippines last year.
That's pretty awesome man. I'm kinda jealous that you got those done. If I were to do color, I'm also partial to Japanese artwork.

I'm planning on going all black though. I'm a sun lover, and all black line/dot work looks more sinister, suits me better.

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
Need ideas I only have a bull skull on the arm I'm going to get done soon
What's a tattoo? :D

Why are you asking us? Seriously dude, go buy some magazines & see what grabs you. Work with what you've already got & develop a theme around it. There are some truly amazing artists getting around, lots of them, and the general skill level & ink quality is so far above what it was 10 years ago it's not funny. A good artist will listen to your ideas, provide input & work with you.

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established

You sir are ill mannered and lacking in appreciation for art following form. That is akin to saying that avatar pics of guys showing abs are tasteless, but that a full body shot is ok for some.

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
You sir are ill mannered and lacking in appreciation for art following form. That is akin to saying that avatar pics of guys showing abs are tasteless, but that a full body shot is ok for some.
I have 3 tattoos and I'm getting a 4th tomorrow. I just think art on ur forarm is not the best idea depending on Wat u want ur career to be. I'll tell u I would never have my job I do now with a face tat. And if I had a forarm tat I would need to always wear long sleeves.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have 3 tattoos and I'm getting a 4th tomorrow. I just think art on ur forarm is not the best idea depending on Wat u want ur career to be. I'll tell u I would never have my job I do now with a face tat. And if I had a forarm tat I would need to always wear long sleeves.
I'm the same, have to be a bit careful, but I'm choosing to get both forearms done and just wear long sleeves to work.

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
I'm the same, have to be a bit careful, but I'm choosing to get both forearms done and just wear long sleeves to work.
yea lol, forarm tattoos are ok for some people thogh like musicians, rap artists, tattoo artists obviously. depends on what you do, let me put it this way i would hire car technicians with tats head to toe if hes good, but i would not hire a service advisor with visible tats.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The inconsistencies in your post are astounding

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yea lol, forarm tattoos are ok for some people thogh like musicians, rap artists, tattoo artists obviously. depends on what you do, let me put it this way i would hire car technicians with tats head to toe if hes good, but i would not hire a service advisor with visible tats.
I work in the financial sector. I'm not gonna be rolling up my sleeves or holding up my arms at an interview though There's a bunch of people I work with who have tats. My friend has 2 full leg sleeves and 2 full arm sleeves. He wears suits to work. It's really not a big deal at all.

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
And that is old school public perception, personal judgement. Not being critical of you & I understand exactly what you're saying. I do think values are changing & have come a long way these past few years.

I recently saw a show on tv, they followed an English guy looking to break into the world of business as a self made entrepreneur. He was covered head to toe, including blacked out eyeballs (yes, it looked freaky), and nervous as he was attending a local business seminar by the end of it he had quite a group of people around him who were both curious about him & his ideas. His appearance actually encouraged people to assess him from a creative viewpoint.

Personally, I have 6 inch long kite shaped tats on the inside of each elbow/forearm. Most people don't notice them, but those that do have only ever offered positive feedback. It matters not for me, but it's interesting to see the thought processes as people examine them & have their perceptions of what a tattoo should look like challenged.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
His appearance actually encouraged people to assess him from a creative viewpoint.
Ahh yeah. I work in the financial sector but as a designer/creative, so I suppose it's more acceptable if not expected on me. I still won't go to the office in short sleeves though.

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
Ahh yeah. I work in the financial sector but as a designer/creative, so I suppose it's more acceptable if not expected on me. I still won't go to the office in short sleeves though.
Hey, we all know what the likely outcome is when we get inked, and if you don't have that consideration then you're going to be in for a rude awakening. You gotta be smart about it & if that means keeping covered then so be it. You can't avoid peoples prejudices, but you can certainly do your best to mitigate the negative effects they may have lest you unwittingly put yourself behind the 8 ball.
My job doesn't have an issue with appearance, nor my business. I'm soon to be moving into social/community services (that's the plan) and am most intrigued to see what the prevailing thought is in that field, what people look like & any constraints imposed. I'd think being about equality & assisting those in need appearance would be of least import. If anything, someone with say crazy sub-dermals & funky tats would be more approachable in particular areas like drug, youth & counselling.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
cheeky1 nailed it. Be mindful of your future goals, but the world is a different place and tattoos are not as taboo as they once were.

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
I wanna get this tattooed to my left ankle.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1456161831.533309.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1456161970.406566.jpg

Brownie points if you catch the book reference.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Made an appointment to get my forearm and inner bicep done end of the month. ~6 hour session for both together. Going to be fun :D I've been planning out my body art for the past few years since I'm so picky (a perfectionist) and have been researching artists for ages, now I've got everything lined up so it'll all fit together. Sticking with black dot/line work only.

youngbrah

Awards
Just make your entire forearm solid, itd actually look cool lol

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
Made an appointment to get my forearm and inner bicep done end of the month. ~6 hour session for both together. Going to be fun :D I've been planning out my body art for the past few years since I'm so picky (a perfectionist) and have been researching artists for ages, now I've got everything lined up so it'll all fit together. Sticking with black dot/line work only.
Pics when it's done!!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Pics when it's done!!
I'm getting a full sleeve on the right arm and piece work on the left. Deciding which to start first. Seeing a pretty famous artist for this though, really stoked!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
2 more weeks till my appointment Getting both forearms done. Not messin about here

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2 more weeks till my appointment Getting both forearms done. Not messin about here
Do you have a pic of what you're getting done? I won't get anymore until I lose weight.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do you have a pic of what you're getting done? I won't get anymore until I lose weight.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1458986306.243398.jpgImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1458986316.923626.jpg

Getting something loosely based off these two on the backs of my forearms. I love the bizarre but classy feel of them and I love blackwork (line and dot work).

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Cool. Did you draw those out or are they from another artist?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cool. Did you draw those out or are they from another artist?
From another artist, but my artist is going to do something custom using these as reference. He's also a freehander, no stencils. He's pretty amazing. He's coming from Genuine Electric Tattoo in LA to do a guest spot in Philly, I'll be busin' it from NYC to see him.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
From another artist, but my artist is going to do something custom using these as reference. He's also a freehander, no stencils. He's pretty amazing. He's coming from Genuine Electric Tattoo in LA to do a guest spot in Philly, I'll be busin' it from NYC to see him.
Nice. Do you have an idea of what animals/creatures you want for the heads or are you going to let him just run with it? Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice. Do you have an idea of what animals/creatures you want for the heads or are you going to let him just run with it? Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Thanks I'm pretty excited myself. I'm actually even more excited now about a design that I sent a celebrity artist here in NYC, something I wanted placed from armpit to hip... A medieval half animal/human/demon knight (in black armor) holding a ritual blade (the ones that curve back and forth like a wave). Has a bit of Japanese influence in the design but with a strong traditional medieval influence.

I never expected a reply back. He's super booked up, had done artwork for Heath Ledger and other celebrities here. He specializes in religious artwork /mythology, and is probably the best artist on the east coast, specializing in black line/dot work. He wrote back to me today very excited. I have to setup a consult with him soon now.

But yeah I want a squid/octo head and a deer/elk head on the other. I'm open to his ideas too but those are my first picks.