If your company was on Shark Tank, how would you sell your product to them?

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
Everytime a supplement company is on that show, Mark Cuban and the others always take shots at the person trying to get their investment in the product. If you took your company on that show, and Mark Cuban called you a snake oils salesman and if your product had any merit that the FDA would have approved it, well what would you reply be to him?

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Did you ever see the episode where the guy tried to sell a push lawn mower (the blades never had to be sharpened)

Came out on the show he owns a lawn mower sales website.....that sold German push mowers. His "lawn mower" was never even created, it was an idea he had in his head

I was like wtf

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Just by reading the title i knew this was you. Good one.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Id probably hit him with a crescent kick followed by a roundhouse . Then I would sit him in his chair put a cigar in his mouth and light it.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ask the guy who started fubu why their clothes were so junky

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
There were three guys who did end up getting backing on the show. Nuts and More was the name of the company. Its a nut butter that is marketed to the fitness industry. They are doing extremely well.

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
i got a no bake cheese cake and a few sams club orange diet sodas out of the deal but my tv dinner supply is running low
Damn, that sucks. I have been eating 8 Hungry Man meals per day - I'm just like Rich Piana. And I'll wash em down with an ice cold tall boy of 211. Thanks EBT!

fakeazzrock

Awards
They always shoot it down because people come on with stats. The nut butter worked because they simply said it was a new product. I think it would be near impossible to sell a supplement. Either they'll ask how do you know it works, then tell you it can't be proven or they'll tell you there's too much competition.

BH Smash, with those recipes you're creating, you have a shot soon.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
They always shoot it down because people come on with stats. The nut butter worked because they simply said it was a new product. I think it would be near impossible to sell a supplement. Either they'll ask how do you know it works, then tell you it can't be proven or they'll tell you there's too much competition.

BH Smash, with those recipes you're creating, you have a shot soon.

Yooo welcome to AM broooooski

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How do you come up with these threads? You have a skill for generating topics about absolutely nothing

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
ha. thx. a little more activity here
Lol yes ... this is where the nuts gather you're in the right thread the OP is hilarious
Every member on AM reads this guys post he's like the Seinfeld of AM.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd curl up in a ball and cry.. they scurrr me

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
How do you come up with these threads? You have a skill for generating topics about absolutely nothing
Not to sound mean, but It creates conversation unlike how the board was before I got here. I know that for a fact. Activity was lower before I became a member. You guys can say what you want to but that is the deal and that is how it is. This board's topics were boring and predictable. When I arrived I changed the game and added new twists.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are delusional and really over estimating your impact here

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Not to sound mean, but It creates conversation unlike how the board was before I got here. I know that for a fact. Activity was lower before I became a member. You guys can say what you want to but that is the deal and that is how it is. This board's topics were boring and predictable. When I arrived I changed the game and added new twists.
yes, your thread about andro use during the caveman era was very insightful

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I appreciate your fukkery it adds a bit of "why the ****" to my day . Make a thread on evolution and mans origins.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If you're innovative and have something with some science behind it that's not made it to mainstream health & fitness yet, AND you go in with the right approach I think you'd stand a chance. Too many people try to go there with some plain product or a prop blend of Dr. Oz'ish ingredients and they just get roasted. And rightfully so. I believe it would be very possible to take something that's starting to get some legs (no pun intended) in the bodybuilding world and use Shark Tank to push it mainstream.

Of course, you better have your science down or you'll still get roasted. I always found it amusing how they crucify supplements by saying "You're selling something that people INGEST, how can you be sure it's safe?" - but when someone comes on with some other next-best-thing food or drink product that you're still ingesting, they don't seem to worry too much about the safety, manufacturing processes, etc.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Admin already told you that this isn't the case.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
LOL. Yes, the whopping 366 posts have helped us grow tremendously.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
@<u><a href="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/member.php?u=5659" target="_blank">T-Bone</a></u> more like this [video]https://youtu.be/Icb_tRTnA4g[/video] @<u><a href="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/member.php?u=234119" target="_blank">LovingtoLift</a></u> your a real character.... you excite the seniors lmao

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

You're ****in delusional. It's amazing just how completely clueless and wrong you are.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Everytime a supplement company is on that show, Mark Cuban and the others always take shots at the person trying to get their investment in the product. If you took your company on that show, and Mark Cuban called you a snake oils salesman and if your product had any merit that the FDA would have approved it, well what would you reply be to him?
The FDA does not approve supplements only review the manufacturing process and published information to be within CFR. A product is either a drug or food. Dietary Supplements are food. Drugs require approval.

As for shark tank, never seen it.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'd slap a sticker on the product that states LovingtoLift certifies this product and just watch the money roll in

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
But...do the snozzberries taste like snozzberries?

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
OP reminds me of Kanye West..

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
I like the board but to be honest you can only read so much about epic cheat meals. Thank god for my threads.

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
Oh yeah ! Drink some red wine there. Its good for gains.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like the board but to be honest you can only read so much about epic cheat meals. Thank god for my threads.
Surely with your help and intelligence you can single handily not only increase the popularity, but make anabolicminds.com the most popular website on the internet. Without you we'd have no hope. Please help us Obie-Loving-To-Lift you're our only hope.

sgtgreen

sgtgreen

Awards
I would first say Mark I'm huge fan and i know you are out.
It comes down to the supplement industry being a huge industry with opportunity.

They care more about sales than if the products work. You can't talk formulations, science, med studies, etc with them. 95% of the people that take supplements don't know how to break down an ingredient panel much less a proprietary blend.

The good is that EVERYONE has taken some sort of dietary supplement so it applies to everyone as a buyer. They love that.
Customers that do a little research of their own get better results and know the BS ingredients to stay away from.
My companies growths are good year over year. They love that as well. Does it make money and does it continue to grow is what a shark wants to see. You wouldn't be selling the products as we do in our industry, you'll be selling that it can make money.

Hell, going on 40 i'd give them 100% if the offer was right. haha

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
You're right. You should go on shark tank and pitch your supplement so we can create more threads about you. You'll be a ****ing Internet star like Jason Genova. But I think you're a little more delusional.