Fit to Fat to Fit

Warthog13

Awards
Have any of you seen this show yet? I remember years ago (probably almost 10 by now) when a trainer, Drew Manning, decided to gain weight in order to relate to his clients and their weight loss problems - and I mean ALOT of weight. Then try to lose it all again and get back to his starting weight/fitness level. I bookmarked and followed it periodically. I think it took a year for the whole cycle. I thought it was a unique idea....kind of like "Supersize Me" from a fitness perspective.

Recently, I saw an ad for the show and thought "Hey, they stole that guys idea!" but watching the first episode, it turns out he's heavily involved.

I digress....

I watched the two shows that have aired so far and I almost blubbered on both of them! TIt is SO moving to see the people make so much progress. Just as moving is to see the trainers gain some empathy and live through some struggle to get physically fit after gaining a lot of weight.

I'm hooked!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
horrible show

Jame Fell really captured my thoughts on it

“The notion that a person who is in incredibly good shape can gain weight purposely for a brief period of time as a means to solidify their supposed understanding of what obesity entails is a breathtaking display of ignorance and arrogance."