Kingdom of Heaven...

O

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
Anyone here going to see it?

Fuckin' Movie is looking pretty look....

C

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
i'll see it when it's out; not for another week here in KY

O

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
Yeah...it doesnt come out until the 6th, I just wanted to know if people were looking forward to it...

I keep seeing ads on TV and it looks really good....

R

RedSwan78

Board Supporter
Awards
I just saw an ad for it the other day, looks good and I'll probably go see it. :) (I haven't been to the movie theatre in a long time! About 6 months or so.)

N

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Saw the preview last night. It looks good. I don't know though that hitchhikers guide to the galazy looks more appealing. :rolleyes:

O

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
Saw the preview last night. It looks good. I don't know though that hitchhikers guide to the galazy looks more appealing. :rolleyes:
yeah theres another waste of millions....

there has def been plently of those out latelty...

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
yeah theres another waste of millions....

there has def been plently of those out latelty...
**** me, I don't care if it's a waste. I'm seeing that one. I must have been in a fucking hole in the ground, I never even heard this was coming out.

O

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
**** me, I don't care if it's a waste. I'm seeing that one. I must have been in a fucking hole in the ground, I never even heard this was coming out.
You must be a fan of the books...

The movie just looked like a waste of time to me, but Im not much for that kind of stuff anyway....

To each his own though

B

boomr

Board Supporter
Awards
hell...im going to both. My wife loved hitchhikers...I thought it was ok, but not the best I have read. Either way, I love scifi and it's rare to get her to go to a scifi with me. Kingdom of heaven looked good, worth the ticket.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
For those who are unfamiliar with the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe, we can get you up to speed quickly; all you really need to remember is that the answer to the question of life, the universe and everything is.......42.

(..that oughta create some confusion....)

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
not really; known the hitchhiker guide to the GALAXY stuff since high school... cant wait to see the movie

6 words:
StarWars Episode III on May 19th

**** all the other movies; the previews i've seen from people and the script and everything say that this movie is going to 'Pwned me'
2 hours and 20 minutes... longest starwars movie iirc

http://www.starwars.com/flash/ep3/trailer2.html

watch preview closely and you can get some goodies in there!

cry0smate

cry0smate

The Chosen One
Awards
not really; known the hitchhiker guide to the GALAXY stuff since high school... cant wait to see the movie

6 words:

**** all the other movies; the previews i've seen from people and the script and everything say that this movie is going to 'Pwned me'

I"m with ya bro. I can't wait to see this.

I'm also pretty excited about Hitchhikers Guide as I'm a big Douglas Adams fan. Should be fun.

I haven't even heard of Kingdom of Heaven. Guess I'll head over to IMDB

U

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
i think i am gonna see all three, all are good movies to actually see in the theater

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I'm hoping Episode 3 is far better than 1 and 2. Even though the original star wars movies were made over 25 years ago those were far better than 1 and 2 were. That goes to show you that technology can't make up for a bad script and even worse acting.

O

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
hell...im going to both. My wife loved hitchhikers...I thought it was ok, but not the best I have read. Either way, I love scifi and it's rare to get her to go to a scifi with me. Kingdom of heaven looked good, worth the ticket.
Hey, Im not knocking Sci-Fi....That movie just looked more like a Fantasy/Comedy to me....but I dont know the premise....

I actually like sci-fi a lot....

U

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
yea nate, that kid who plays anakin (sp?) is one of the worse actors I have ever since in hollywood.

R

RedSwan78

Board Supporter
Awards
6 words:

DUDE... Let me just say, I'm NOT really a StarWars fan. Of course, I've seen all the movies though. How can you grow up and NOT have seen them? hehe :)

Anyways, yes, epsisode 1 and 2 where HORRIBLE.. (I actually fell asleep during episode 2, had to rewind it and watch again.. it was so frickin boring and dry, and confusing/didn't explain things well enough)

Now then.. that trailer for episode 3.. HOLY CRAP! That looks like the BEST of any of the movies! Wow! It just looks visually beautiful, and it just looks like it will be an *awesome* movie! Like I said, this is coming from someone who is *not* a starwars fan! I'm actually pretty excited to go and see that now after seeing the trailer!

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Old George needs to remember that its all about the storytelling and not how many digital effects or fully digitized characeters he can get on screen. Episodes 1 and 2 were some of the worst movies I ever saw, period. If Episode 3 does not severly rock, I may just forget that the orgional Star Wars were so good.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
On the Kingdom of Heaven movie, I havent seen anything about this and the site will not load. I take it forom what I can see its about the Crusades? If so, do we know if this is going to have any historical accuracy or merit to it at all? I ask because I am always skeptical when movies, ecspecially when made by the huge studios, tread on Christian History. True, Luther was very well done, but that was a small Indy film.

I actually shudder when I think about the ability of these studios to essentially re-write the Crusades as they see fit, ecspecially when the general public has little, if any idea of what really happened anyway.

If its not about the Crusades, just ignore me and carry on.

L

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
On the Kingdom of Heaven movie, I havent seen anything about this and the site will not load. I take it forom what I can see its about the Crusades? If so, do we know if this is going to have any historical accuracy or merit to it at all? I ask because I am always skeptical when movies, ecspecially when made by the huge studios, tread on Christian History. True, Luther was very well done, but that was a small Indy film.

I actually shudder when I think about the ability of these studios to essentially re-write the Crusades as they see fit, ecspecially when the general public has little, if any idea of what really happened anyway.

If its not about the Crusades, just ignore me and carry on.
Yaeh it's about the Crusades and I don't think it will be even close to historically true. But it does look cool as hell.

Star Wars III is the one I am dying to see. The trailer looks awsome. A couple things you guys may not have known.

First the third Star Wars is going to be much more darker, more violent then any of the others. Lucas said he would not let his kids go see it. It has a more adult script.

Second is that while there will be no more movies, Lucas is coning out with a live action TV series (like Young Indiana Jones or Star Trek NG). It will take place between the third and fourth movies. He also is trying to make the clones wars cartoon 3D. :thumbsup:

As for the new movies compard to the old. In the first three the story was simple: little guy takes on big guy and wins. Simple. But the second set is about political menuvers, trade blockaids,. And if you put the two movies side by side you will notice that the first three have less going on during a scene. It was usually three actors and one prop or something. But in the more recent films there is always a hundred things moving at once.
I saw Empire Strikes Back this weekend and it seemed "less" then the last two films. I know many here will disagree, but I saw every one in the theatre so I was there for all the hoopla. And I don't think any human being alive could have meet the expectations that the World felt before they saw the Phantom Mence. Everyone thought the Second Coming of Christ was happening in '99, before the movie came out.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
I agree with you in that nothing could have lived up to the Hype, but the Phantom Menace was just aganizing to watch. Even with all of the "set-up" story that had to be told, I just thought it sucked IMO. ;)

C

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
huh, i never even saw episode II. guess i've got to head to blockbuster before i see III

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Star Wars is too much a myth now. Much as I agree that Episodes I and II were bad, it would be impossible to live up to the myth that Vader has become. You can't beat the imagery of those huge Star Destroyers. They look like a plausible future, but still resemble the ships we know in our own time, with gun turrets and the like. The new films are too visually divorced from the originals to get that same vibe. Add that in with some seriously bad acting and weak story and you've got a problem.

One friend of mine pointed out that in these more recent films Lucas knows he's making three films, so each one doesn't have to be as self contained. Which is why scenes drag on and on, and there's so much setup of the story to come and too little time spent on the story at hand. Plus budget contraints probably forced Lucas in a direction he would not have gone if he'd had more money available. If he had a comparable budget back then you can bet all three originals would have been muppet festivals.

I've rewatched the originals, and they hold up because they have good, simple stories and tolerable to good acting. Each one is also enough of a story in and of itself to hold up as a movie and not just a really long prelude to another movie.

I

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Has anyone seen Sin City? It moves almost too quickly, but I loved it. It's just so over the top and sylized, but done well. Marv is bad ass!

T

theamazing3000

Awards
  • Established
Sin City was amazing! Without a doubt, one of my favorite movies.

L

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Sin City was amazing! Without a doubt, one of my favorite movies.
Frank Miller wrote the graphic novel. And if you think Sin City was good check out Dark Knight Returns. Frank Miller does Batman, but Batman at 55yrs old. And he is one hardcore motherf@#ker. Beats the piss outa Superman

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Kingdom of Heaven will be good. Pretty much anything that Ridley Scott directs is good.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Frank Miller wrote the graphic novel. And if you think Sin City was good check out Dark Knight Returns. Frank Miller does Batman, but Batman at 55yrs old. And he is one hardcore motherf@#ker. Beats the piss outa Superman

Is that a feature length animated movie (Dark Night Returns)? I used to watch the Batman Beyond cartoon series back in the day (I still watch cartoons now) and it rocked. Id defiantly pick up the movie if I can find it.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Yaeh it's about the Crusades and I don't think it will be even close to historically true. But it does look cool as hell.

Star Wars III is the one I am dying to see. The trailer looks awsome. A couple things you guys may not have known.

First the third Star Wars is going to be much more darker, more violent then any of the others. Lucas said he would not let his kids go see it. It has a more adult script.

Second is that while there will be no more movies, Lucas is coning out with a live action TV series (like Young Indiana Jones or Star Trek NG). It will take place between the third and fourth movies. He also is trying to make the clones wars cartoon 3D. :thumbsup:

As for the new movies compard to the old. In the first three the story was simple: little guy takes on big guy and wins. Simple. But the second set is about political menuvers, trade blockaids,. And if you put the two movies side by side you will notice that the first three have less going on during a scene. It was usually three actors and one prop or something. But in the more recent films there is always a hundred things moving at once.
I saw Empire Strikes Back this weekend and it seemed "less" then the last two films. I know many here will disagree, but I saw every one in the theatre so I was there for all the hoopla. And I don't think any human being alive could have meet the expectations that the World felt before they saw the Phantom Mence. Everyone thought the Second Coming of Christ was happening in '99, before the movie came out.
I saw the stuff on the live action TV show... looks pretty cool if its done well... I like StarTrek Enterprise for that very reason... very good scripts and good acting and good visuals... a shame its going off the air

And yes I saw the stuff on Episode 3, how it is a MUCH more violent and DARK movie... jeezus christ guys, if you havent seen the trailer, you REALLY need too... both of them in fact... they send chills down my spine lol...
When I was a kid, Darth Vader was the biggest baddest mofo ever... and we get to see him at his best and get to see why he got that title in the first place :)
The pics of the Emperor remind me of some horror flicks... very well done trailer at least... very very dark

S

Saladin

Awards
Is that a feature length animated movie (Dark Night Returns)? I used to watch the Batman Beyond cartoon series back in the day (I still watch cartoons now) and it rocked. Id defiantly pick up the movie if I can find it.
It's a book. I'm a big fan of superhero cartoons as well. While nothing beats X-Men and Batman:TAS in my book, Justice League is probably the best cartoon on right now.

L

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Saladin is right it's a book. But if you can find Batman episode Legends of the Dark Knight, it is one of the mini-stories.

And if anyone is intrested I would recommend a few trades (groupings of single issues of comic books). I got the two larger reviews off Amazon.

1. 100 Bullets: the coolest comic of all time.If you were given a gun and 100 bullets that were completely untraceable, would you use them? What if the man that gave them to you told you that anything you do with them would be completely above the law? Even if you were caught in the act, the Police would just let you go....
This is the premise behind 100 Bullets. Agent Graves gives people a chance for revenge against someone who did them wrong......but what's in it for him...?

2. Watchman:New York Times best seller. One of the greatest stories I have ever read.

3. V for Vendetta.: A frightening and powerful story of the loss of freedom and identity in a totalitarian world, V for Vendetta takes place in an alternate future in which Germany wins WWII and Britain becomes a fascist state. A vigilante named "V" stalks the streets of London trying to free England of its ideological chains. Moore's poetic language coupled with Lloyd's eerie, washed-out color art makes this a captivating read sure to stay with you

Trust me. Any one of these stories is a winner. But the 100Bullets takes you about two or three trades to get what is really happening...maybe