Tattoos and vascularity

lkz

lkz

Awards
What's everybody's opinion on tattoos and them masking vascularity?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It doesn't bother me. A tattooed up lifter is extremely sexy.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Depends what you're asking? It's not a good idea for a bodybuilding competitors simply because tattoos can mask details, separation, and vascularity. My sleeves completely hide all vascularity but it still there. So yes, they hide vascularity but unless competing who cares.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Spends what you're asking? It's not a good idea for a bodybuilding competitors simply because tattoos can mask details, separation, and vascularity. My sleeves completely hide all vascularity but it still there. So yes, they hide vascularity but unless competing who cares.
This. Personal preference unless competing.

lkz

lkz

Awards
I agree, i love seeing details which i can still see in the right lighting, but i love tattoos. I'm sleeved and i don't compete but i thought I'd see if anybody else noticed the same thing.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Depends what you're asking? It's not a good idea for a bodybuilding competitors simply because tattoos can mask details, separation, and vascularity. My sleeves completely hide all vascularity but it still there. So yes, they hide vascularity but unless competing who cares.
Agreed. If you're going to compete, then that is a choice you need to make.

big_jewels

big_jewels

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've found mixed results competing with tattoos, I placed top 3 at one show with my tattoos because I guess the judges found it more marketable, and another show I placed low. Another show I used cover up and I placed high. It's all with what the trend is and what the judges are looking for that day. I personally love the look of my tattoo's with my muscle on a day to day basis, I've made sure they are in places that don't take away from my over all symmetry, definition.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MikeSumthin General Chat 19
MadStax Anabolics 5
way2leann Pro Bodybuilding 3
Dirty Dan General Chat 47
CoreyL.A. General Chat 37