the worst supplement you ever had

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
We have all had them and after we spend our money and feel stupid for buying into that supp that you thought would put you on the cover of that mag, the reality sets in.

Now before we begin here, this is not meant to bash any supp company, especially the sponsors here. My hope is some will read this and get feedback that will help make some changes and improvements.

so what is the worst supp you have had

for me- superpump 250- it gave me the superdump of my life. less than 15 min after taken this, my God. I made it 1/2 way to the gym and did about 90 on the way back home. speed waddled in the door as my wife and her friend looked at me like i was on crack. the scene from dumb and dumber couldnt touch what i unleashed that day. no pump is worth that.

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
Superpump...Max or 250...I can't recall which but i'm sure it was Max. Did nothing.

Arnold Iron Pump - renamed Iron Dump. Couldn't even open the tub without my bowels going into involuntary spasm.

Xtreme Shock - actually not bad for a cheap & nasty pre-workout slap in the face...if you like a crash after & enjoy the taste of burnt butt hair with a drop of artificial flavouring. Unfortunately I had a large order arrive with 9 tubs full of spoiled, hard, stinky product & all ANSI offered me was a promotional price on their about to be released pre-workout/NO booster....if I paid for freight! One look at the ingredients of that ill-conceived rubbish quickly told me it would serve no useful purpose at the dosage listed.
I'll happily bash ANSI, they produced a batch of sh!t, treated me like sh!t even after I had supplied proof of purchase, photos of all spoilt product & the expiry dates & they refused to even provide me credit with the retailer I had purchased through, let alone reimburse me.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to echo the super dump comments. After I would take it, my co-workers would call the results butane.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tongkat Ali. Beserker mode for 8 hours. Defecated like a Grizzly Bear. Unstoppable. I could have lifted like a beast but probably end up being Baker Act'd by the gym staff. I have a three story and walked up and down the stairs for those 8 hrs. Freaked out my GF. I was checking my pulse regularly in case it went into overload BPM.(odd that is was not unusually high) I was just thinking to myself "I must survive this day".

Then Beta-alanine made me super focused and aggressive. Only occasion I almost got into a fight at the gym. Terrible nervousness the next day when drinking morning coffee.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
didn't care for B A either, that flush feeling and rapid heartbeat- thank God I only used 1/2 recommend dose- threw that in the same place as dump 250

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used only half the recommended dose of B-A as well. I sold it to someone who used it without issue. I was told some folks, like me, are unusually sensitive to stims. Never tried any since. I understand the intensive defecation is the adrenalin rush as in fight or flight reaction.

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
I used only half the recommended dose of B-A as well. I sold it to someone who used it without issue. I was told some folks, like me, are unusually sensitive to stims. Never tried any since. I understand the intensive defecation is the adrenalin rush as in fight or flight reaction.
Holy cow man! That is sensitive alright. Tongkat Ali alpha male, I must get me some & take a double dose before a workout :aargh4:

ajbogs

ajbogs

Awards
N.o.xplode... The only thing it would do is make me getba sweet core workout... From the terrible **** storm thatd ensue. Super pump wasn't even that bad. (the blue poops were funny when I was in highschool)

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I'll agree with n.o explode and super pump 250. I'd drink it and 15 min later I would be spraying the bowl. Normally I'd get that dump out the way and I was gtg. Ended up throwing the n.o explode out as the dumps got worse with each use.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No explode made me blah.... It's like drinking flavored baking soda.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I'll agree with n.o explode and super pump 250. I'd drink it and 15 min later I would be spraying the bowl. Normally I'd get that dump out the way and I was gtg. Ended up throwing the n.o explode out as the dumps got worse with each use.
did you build up a tolerance with nox

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
LMAO- got worse with each use- your brave bro- after my super 250- i prayed to every God known to man kind to make it go away.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
One of those ABB energy drinks back around 2000 or 2001. It wasn't the worst because it didn't work; quite the opposite. It was so full of stims and I was much younger/dumber and ended up having my first full-blown anxiety attack. Seriously felt like I was having a heart attack.

jake1986

Awards
Some of these supplements ive bought in bulk like daa or arginine. A single teaspoon size serving will ruin a shake's taste.

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
N.o.xplode... The only thing it would do is make me getba sweet core workout... From the terrible **** storm thatd ensue. Super pump wasn't even that bad. (the blue poops were funny when I was in highschool)
I knew your post would make me chuckle - thank you Mr Bogs, you did not disappoint! :D

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
No explode made me blah.... It's like drinking flavored baking soda.
That stuff is ordinary alright. I've even had full unopened tubs go hard just sitting on the shelf.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Smart Powders Tongkat Ali 100:1. In hindsight I would have rather consumed fresh dog sh*t. Probably would have been worth visiting that supplier for quality control....

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PES Enhanced...

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
versa 1

straight yohimbe makes me feel like crap for many hours

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I had to return a tub or Iron Pump because it smelled like cat piss, it was awful.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Over the years I've found plenty of products that didn't do what they claimed, but I suppose the one I remember the most was CryoTest (I believe that's the name). Pretty sure it was MuscleTech and it was their test booster. It was during my younger years, but not so young I should have been that dumb (like 23) and I got sucked into the stupid magazine ads from MD talking about the percentage of testosterone increase and I was doing the math in my head like "if it increases by X%, then I should be able to ____ ."

Just didn't do anything and was outrageously expensive (at the time).

OG AX Stimulant X was like cocaine. Bought that from a local supp shop and felt like I was an addict. It was great during finals week when I needed like 3 hours of sleep a night to feel fully rested though LOL.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OG Stim X and OG Amp are why I can't handle stims anymore. I basically crashed my potassium and elevated my BP so high back in day. Thought I was dying at the ER.

Now, if I take too heavy of a stim , I get bad panic attacks.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
I've tried a lot of stuff I've said before I'm a good Guinea pig because I like to try new things in search of that magic pill everything claims to be , but while a lot of things just didn't work the most disappointing was clear muscle by muscle tech the research was there and so was my hopes lol $60 down the drain so hard

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Can someone explain what exactly was in Enhanced that made people either love it or hate it? Mostly seems like they hated it. It was released/discontinued before I was using supplements again, so I never tried it myself. Was it a designer stim (I can't pronounce half of what is in the label)? I know PES back in the day had some non-compliant stuff before they became the more clean cut brand they are today.

As for my answer, it would probably be ZMA. F*cked my prostate up nicely. Also in the top 3 are CL White Rapids & Pro Jym.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Can someone explain what exactly was in Enhanced that made people either love it or hate it? Mostly seems like they hated it. It was released/discontinued before I was using supplements again, so I never tried it myself. Was it a designer stim (I can't pronounce half of what is in the label)? I know PES back in the day had some non-compliant stuff before they became the more clean cut brand they are today.

As for my answer, it would probably be ZMA. F*cked my prostate up nicely. Also in the top 3 are CL White Rapids & Pro Jym.
Just curious what didn't you like about pro jym ? Asking because it's my go to protein along with prejym , although I do always get tired of both quick , I still end up back on it every time

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
White Rapids? Why? Just curious because I really liked it.

And I think most saying they didn't like Enhanced is mostly about flavor -- which definitely wasn't great lol. I still have a sealed tub tucked back.

JellyJesus

JellyJesus

Awards
  • First Up Vote
When I first started to workout again after highschool sports about a year ago I was only taking a pre such as c4 or some bullsh*t they talked me into at GNC. I went in for a workout on my birthday and my buddy who worked there gave me a heaping scoop of stimul8, I believe by finaflex as a present(our gym sells single scoops of certain pres/proteins/bcaas etc). Worst idea ever, I had a low stim tolerance to begin with and that rocked my world. Couldn't catch my breathe, I could feel my pulse in my neck, stomach turned upside down, started to freak out a little bit and had to cut my workout way short and go lay down.. Was just the worst. Never looked at the stuff again, and don't really know the profile enough to point out what in it cause the issues.

Also, I drank some stuff called protein ice I believe? A clear protein that was blue raspberry flavored, literally shat dark green blue sh*t for 2 days straight. Could of painted with it I swear.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Just curious what didn't you like about pro jym ? Asking because it's my go to protein along with prejym , although I do always get tired of both quick , I still end up back on it every time
The flavouring, the price, all the filler, the Egg protein. Everything. I used to be a sucker and thought Jim Stoppani was a great guy, cool guy, #1 swell guy. Boy was I wrong.

And I think most saying they didn't like Enhanced is mostly about flavor -- which definitely wasn't great lol. I still have a sealed tub tucked back.
White Rapids did nothing for me, even at 3 heaping scoops, which makes me doubt label claims. It also has the most artificial taste of any product I've ever had (Electric Lemonade), gave me terrible artificial sweetener milk-mouth for the ENTIRE day after even 1 scoop (which machinehead explained is prob bc they have Ace-K before Sucralose aka a sh!t ton, so I watch out for that now in products), and even with the boat load of sweetener they used, it somehow still managed to be the worst tasting Pre I've ever tasted by a large margin.

Just like Jym, I bought into the hype while browsing another board and after seeing the profile. I bought it the first day it was released and also paid the shipping for just 1 item, which I never do since that site raised their CDN shipping, bc I thought it was going to be amazing. I ended up giving around 3/4 of the tub away for free.

I'll also add C&P Aggro to my list. I dumped half of a tub of it into the toilet. I will be reviewing that shortly though.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established

Sorry for the double post but forgot about Enhanced. From old threads I've read, a bunch of people were saying it made them feel stimmed to the point where they felt like they were going to die. It was apparently too strong, and not in a good way.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
The flavouring, the price, all the filler, the Egg protein. Everything. I used to be a sucker and thought Jim Stoppani was a great guy, cool guy, #1 swell guy. Boy was I wrong.

White Rapids did nothing for me, even at 3 heaping scoops, which makes me doubt label claims. It also has the most artificial taste of any product I've ever had (Electric Lemonade), gave me terrible artificial sweetener milk-mouth for the ENTIRE day after even 1 scoop (which machinehead explained is prob bc they have Ace-K before Sucralose aka a sh!t ton, so I watch out for that now in products), and even with the boat load of sweetener they used, it somehow still managed to be the worst tasting Pre I've ever tasted by a large margin.

Just like Jym, I bought into the hype while browsing another board and after seeing the profile. I bought it the first day it was released and also paid the shipping for just 1 item, which I never do since that site raised their CDN shipping, bc I thought it was going to be amazing. I ended up giving around 3/4 of the tub away for free.

I'll also add C&P Aggro to my list. I dumped half of a tub of it into the toilet. I will be reviewing that shortly though.
Ok good to hear some different opinions, I don't really know anyone else that's tried it so never got any feedback besides my own, what protein do you like?

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Ok good to hear some different opinions, I don't really know anyone else that's tried it so never got any feedback besides my own, what protein do you like?
Yeah I bought his S'mores and CnC. I'm not big into protein powders anymore, as I've slimmed down quite a bit and I eat a lot less nowadays. I use it only with oats now and that's it. If it wasn't for oats, I'd probably buy a small tub once a year.

Right now I have some Select GV and WCM. Tastes amazing, clean profile, and most importantly cheap. If price wasn't a factor though, I'd probably be buying XF 2.0 Cinnamon Roll and UMP CnC/Rocky Road.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, I drank some stuff called protein ice I believe? A clear protein that was blue raspberry flavored, literally shat dark green blue sh*t for 2 days straight. Could of painted with it I swear.
The Protein Ice stuff didn't give me any issues, but man was it gross lol. Sooo syrupy and nasty tasting.

That's crazy, man. I got the pineapple and liked it. Not the best tasting in the world, but not unpleasant at all. And profile and how it treated me were both decent.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
The Protein Ice stuff didn't give me any issues, but man was it gross lol. Sooo syrupy and nasty tasting.

That's crazy, man. I got the pineapple and liked it. Not the best tasting in the world, but not unpleasant at all. And profile and how it treated me were both decent.
Hahah yeah sorry for the epic speech, but I have strong feelings towards that product.

Dionysian

Dionysian

Awards
Muscle meds No Bull.

Paying money to get a wicked headache was not fun.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
ultimate orange- although this stuff worked the very first time I used it, it fizzled out really quickly. Ultimate orange gave me an Ultimate doodie

Mrbolt84

Mrbolt84

Awards
  • Established
Versa 1 ...what a scam. I'm ashamed of how uneducated I was back then

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Nobody here remembers the Fizogen bols? And the joke that was "the band"?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Nobody here remembers the Fizogen bols? And the joke that was "the band"?
lucky read the reviews before that one - so i didnt get sucked in- sorry for your loss lol