Anyone work at the vitamin shoppe?

powerpunk5000

Awards
I went on an interview at the vitamin shoppe and was curious if anyone worked there and if you can tell me the postives and negtives of the job. The position I was going in for was a key holder position.
I was told that after completing online training courses you get a raise at 3 month then after another 3 and after another 6. How much are the pay raises and how much was your starting salary?
How is scheduling, The manger told me it was pretty random, and you were on call basically?
Thanks for an information anyone can offer.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I worked there and it sucked. I was told I was going to be hired for a key holder position and didn't get it. No raises no progression finally after 6 months I quit. It's nothing more than a typical retail job.

powerpunk5000

Awards
I worked there and it sucked. I was told I was going to be hired for a key holder position and didn't get it. No raises no progression finally after 6 months I quit. It's nothing more than a typical retail job.
So you interview for the keyholder position but were just offered a sales rep job? What was so bad about it any specifics, Or just typical retail stuff? Seems like you wouldent do much all day as there not very busy

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
That's exactly what happened. What pissed me off was the empty promises of promotions. And the job is typical retail. ****ty hours, minimal pay, boring downtime. About the only cool thing was stealing all the free customer samples.