Cars

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Any car lovers or racers here?
Currently running an Opel Corsa OPC with 150kw,300nm..Fun street car but nothing major.Working out the bugs,but I think my next project will be a 2002 audi TT Quattro..currently looking at 250kw with 350nm,although that I might make a track car only,What are you guys/girls driving or dreaming of?

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I thouht the usa was the home of muscle cars :D

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've got a 1962 C10 truck, 1987 Buick Grand National, 2005 Pontiac GTO, and 1989 C10 as well.

Gotta do some work with the two cars, the GTO just started overheating and I have the differential drained out on the GN and haven't bought the replacement cover lol.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I've got a 1962 C10 truck, 1987 Buick Grand National, 2005 Pontiac GTO, and 1989 C10 as well.

Gotta do some work with the two cars, the GTO just started overheating and I have the differential drained out on the GN and haven't bought the replacement cover lol.
That's awesome bro.Do any racing?
I am looking at a bmw 330d (tuned) for my daily car (to replace the opel) and then I have the Toyota Mr2 as a track car

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
I don't spend money on much, besides cars. I collect late 50's early 60's mopars. My family has raced their whole life. I still think I had the fastest viper convertible and street tire viper records. Were 1500hp underground racing builds back around 07-08

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I don't spend money on much, besides cars. I collect late 50's early 60's mopars. My family has raced their whole life. I still think I had the fastest viper convertible and street tire viper records. Were 1500hp underground racing builds back around 07-08
Nice bro,I LOVE classics man.That Viper sounds awesome tbh

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's awesome bro.Do any racing?
I am looking at a bmw 330d (tuned) for my daily car (to replace the opel) and then I have the Toyota Mr2 as a track car
I haven't yet, but that's the plan with the Buick.

I have some ideas for it, but the build isn't one of my priorities right now.

The GTO I plan to do some basic work on, but likely no more than a "mild" cam because it is my daily.

clk

clk

Awards
Cars? ****ing love them. The first fast vehicle I built was a regular cab duramax. Built the motor and trans, put compounds on it, big injectors and dual injection pumps. Had it dyno tuned by a guy named guy Tripp at socal diesel. Used it to make a lot of money doing dig races on the street. A slammed 4 wheel drive truck on radials with Gobbs of torque would kill a lot of cars on an 1/8th mile street race. And just about anyone with a cam was willing to race a 4x4 diesel. ? had a lot of fun with it.

Later on I got into LS motors bc I couldn't afford keeping up with the jones's in the diesel world. I've built a couple turbo LS trucks and an turbo LS Volvo wagon.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
History:
'92 cutlass supreme, big red brick of a car.
'01 Saturn 3-door standard
'08 Dodge Charger (3.5L)
'11 Audi A4 Quattro standard m

In line for: '38 Ford Coupe (one of 4 in Canada)

I think my dad is going to invest in a ride for his retirement and I'll be over there helping him out too, not sure what just yet, I've always wanted a Camaro SS

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
History:
'92 cutlass supreme, big red brick of a car.
'01 Saturn 3-door standard
'08 Dodge Charger (3.5L)
'11 Audi A4 Quattro standard m

In line for: '38 Ford Coupe (one of 4 in Canada)

I think my dad is going to invest in a ride for his retirement and I'll be over there helping him out too, not sure what just yet, I've always wanted a Camaro SS
Come visit me...

2010 camaro 2ss/rs
2012 Nissan frotier (daily driver truck)
2008 Kawasaki ninja

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459131397.613417.jpg

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
so jelly of a lot of AM's rides,
Very nice gentlemen

Boone I'd love to visit sir, and beautiful Camaro but I'm after the classic

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
so jelly of a lot of AM's rides,
Very nice gentlemen

Boone I'd love to visit sir, and beautiful Camaro but I'm after the classic
Totally get that... That's what I always wanted too. Someday I want a matching pair - the 2010 (which was the first year of the comeback/remake) and a '69 (which was what the new design was loosely based on).

That or a '69-'71 chevelle are my dream builds

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Totally get that... That's what I always wanted too. Someday I want a matching pair - the 2010 (which was the first year of the comeback/remake) and a '69 (which was what the new design was loosely based on).

That or a '69-'71 chevelle are my dream builds
Mine is either a 68 RS/SS Camaro, 69-70 GTO, or 70 Charger.

Would be cool to have a blacked out classic GTO and the MBM 05 GTO.

I also am on the lookout for an 06 BOM GTO, would buy if the price is right and I sell one of the trucks.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
U
Cars? ****ing love them. The first fast vehicle I built was a regular cab duramax. Built the motor and trans, put compounds on it, big injectors and dual injection pumps. Had it dyno tuned by a guy named guy Tripp at socal diesel. Used it to make a lot of money doing dig races on the street. A slammed 4 wheel drive truck on radials with Gobbs of torque would kill a lot of cars on an 1/8th mile street race. And just about anyone with a cam was willing to race a 4x4 diesel. �� had a lot of fun with it.

Later on I got into LS motors bc I couldn't afford keeping up with the jones's in the diesel world. I've built a couple turbo LS trucks and an turbo LS Volvo wagon.
This,people who don't like diesel don't know how to tune it or get it of the line fast :D

clk

clk

Awards
U
This,people who don't like diesel don't know how to tune it or get it of the line fast :D
Yep. Which made it perfect for sandbaging street races. On the track it cut consistent 1.5 60's and I had a best of 1.43 60'

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Yep. Which made it perfect for sandbaging street races. On the track it cut consistent 1.5 60's and I had a best of 1.43 60'
Tyre shredding torque!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
MOPAR or No Car! Dodge Charger over here!

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
http://youtu.be/AD2Uzq45R2k

Drove car to track, was on pump gas with a splash of race gas. Running 17lbs of boost, drove home after run. It's on a nitto invo tire which has no sidewall. Was a lot of fun. Granted, this car also went 7.80's over 180 in race setup lol

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
92' toyota mr2 3sgte
04' srt4
02 gmc sierra 5.3

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
04 Galant winter/crappy weather days

13 Sorento Wife/Family car

11 Mustang GT

99 Mustang Cobra

My favorite car I ever owned was my 90 Eagle Talon Tsi. That was before they became real well known. I built it to mid 11 sec, which back in 00-03 was killer on the street. Nothing like launching at 6300 RPM with an awd car!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Yup,

my daily driver is a '13 Toyota Tundra Texas edition CrewMax (new edition to the family soon so I needed to upgrade) with custom wheels, electric back window, leather interior, etc. Purchased it used like new and got a stellar deal because I knew the GM of the dealership. I'm very pleased (it's a recent purchase), I was still driving my old Tundra I bought in high school up until about 4 months ago. I've always paid cash for all my cars and motorcycles, so it sucks having a car payment now, but it's almost exclusively principle, so I can't complain too much.

I've had a 1979 Corvette I have been restoring since High School (albeit I haven't put work into it in years). It was my daily driver for a bit in High School, but now it's just for car show fun. Completely redone engine that I've had tuned, new carb, straight pipes, new tires, refurbed my 8 track.

I am very much a classic car guy, helped my father restore a 1968 L88 in Lemans Blue when I was younger.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That looks like dbag parking right there!! Haha, jk.
totally was (but only for the picture since those spots are assigned for my old apartment) haha... but now I have my own house/garage again so I dont have to do that anymore :)

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any car lovers or racers here?
Currently running an Opel Corsa OPC with 150kw,300nm..Fun street car but nothing major.Working out the bugs,but I think my next project will be a 2002 audi TT Quattro..currently looking at 250kw with 350nm,although that I might make a track car only,What are you guys/girls driving or dreaming of?
Always owned some sort of performance car. 1/4mile guy.

Currently LS1 GTO modified
Previously Mustang 5.0 modified
Prev. Olds 442 modified
Prev 1979 Trans Am modifed
Prev 1970 Trans Am modifed

Well tried to upload pics but failed.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
One of my race cars from years ago

ITC 510 (800x638).jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Integra.jpg

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I don't think "track" has the same meaning everywhere:D ..by track I mean Nurburgring (example)

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think "track" has the same meaning everywhere:D ..by track I mean Nurburgring (example)
I looked at the numbers and it cost for one road course track day event as much as it does to do an entire year worth of 1/4 mile track drag racing. About $450 when I last viewed in 2008.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I looked at the numbers and it cost for one road course track day event as much as it does to do an entire year worth of 1/4 mile track drag racing. About $450 when I last viewed in 2008.
True,but horses for courses m8..the g-force on those bends *cums*

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Never raced Nurburgring, Done Pocono, Watkins Glen, Lime Rock and a few others!

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
The ring is my dream as well man

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
True,but horses for courses m8..the g-force on those bends *cums*
True. I see the in cabin POV videos and it appears as loads of fun. I would have to go to driving school to be confident on a road course. In fact, I recall a license/certificate was needed to enter a track day. My car is a pig at handling.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
True. I see the in cabin POV videos and it appears as loads of fun. I would have to go to driving school to be confident on a road course. In fact, I recall a license/certificate was needed to enter a track day. My car is a pig at handling.
Yeah man,racing license,but it is worth it

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
A lot of people think 1/4 mile racing is stupid. Try going 7-8 even 9 seconds in the 1/4, a lot of **** is going on. I love road racing as well, just way more involved. My family has been in racing their whole life. My dad was the first person to ever win pro stock at Indy. I get asked about my old cars pretty often. My response is they are cheaper than a wife.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've had Dirt Tracks Cars, Road Race Cars and Drag Cars.....never really care for dirt racing, but it would be hard to choose between Road & Drag Racing!!

DHL.jpg

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Since everyone was posting American cars I didn't wanna post my Honda haha but I had a fully built Honda in high school.

Never actually made it to the track. Head gasket blew on the dyno and I was so mad I sold it the next day
Nice, im into imports had a turbo integra myself, what were you running gsr block or ls-vtec?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice, im into imports had a turbo integra myself, what were you running gsr block or ls-vtec?
You got some nice imports in your area The Early boys build some nice GTR's !!

Early.jpg

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ITR block with AEBS closed deck sleeves and LS crank (more stroke, 89mm compared to ITR/GSR 87mm). ITR head too

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459463426.460570.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459463437.649961.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459463448.938812.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Very Nice Woody

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Since everyone was posting American cars I didn't wanna post my Honda haha but I had a fully built Honda in high school.

Never actually made it to the track. Head gasket blew on the dyno and I was so mad I sold it the next day
Honda!..German and Japanesse ftw my man

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I
I don't know about you, but I've never had a problem turning any of my American made machines.

Maybe it's you?
Never owned one :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Chat 0
ChocolateClen General Chat 9
Nutrition / Health 3
Ape McGrapes Supplements 20
VolcomX311 General Chat 11