Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
doctors/lawyers/cpa's/I.T guy's/management/ceo's/bankers/financial investor's/referee's/judge's/POLITICIANS....all these are well paid[over paid]positions, that I hear and read about making mistakes on a daily basis....but a guy makes a mistake on an order at macdonalds and it is an argument against raising minimum wage???? come on get serious!!!!

another argument is for the poor to get educated so they can get better jobs...there are 48 million people living in poverty in the united states, you are telling 48 million additional americans to go to collage-that is the most insane argument I have ever heard of!!!!

well paying manufacturing jobs are a thing of the past in this country....service industry related jobs are going to make up the vast majority of jobs for a long time to come, this is a fact!!! unless we want to continue with 48% of americans being on government subsidies we are going to have to bit the bullet and accept the consequences of higher prices due to increased wages.

that brings me to my final point....another argument is higher prices if minimum wage goes up---I say to this, who the hell do you think pays for people being on government subsidies??? we do!!!!! I say give them a wage that is livable and get people off subsidies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is NO EXCUSE for not paying a livable wage in this country...if we can afford to pay the people at the top ridiculous amounts of money, amounts that keep going up, then we can afford to pay the people who actually do the work at least a wage they can get by on without the need for government assistance!!!!

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Raising minimum wage works only in theory. Because when minimum wage increases so does the price of everything else. All it does is screw the middle and upper middle class because their wages don't increase at all but they have to pay way more for everything else. I could go on on on about this but i don't want to

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Raising minimum wage works only in theory. Because when minimum wage increases so does the price of everything else. All it does is screw the middle and upper middle class because their wages don't increase at all but they have to pay way more for everything else. I could go on on on about this but i don't want to
you the hell do you think pays for government subsidies....or maybe you don't pay taxes? it is time corporate America bucks up and pays a livable wage and takes some of the burden off tax payers!!!

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you the hell do you think pays for government subsidies....or maybe you don't pay taxes? it is time corporate America bucks up and pays a livable wage and takes some of the burden off tax payers!!!
I know but do you really think you will be paying less in taxes? I dont!!! they will leave the tax rates the same because they can. So high tax rate and increase prices on EVERYTHING

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can't have a federal mandated livable wage.

Livable wage in New York City is luxury wage to rural North Dakota.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also i agree if cooperate america pays a living wage for people would be great. It cant be mandated by the government though. If it is everything will raise with it but your taxes wont decrease and the middle-class and upper middle-class wages wont increase either

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I worked at McDonald's when min wage was 5.25 in MA you wanna talk about bullshyt you hear from people. They were all so hateful twords the cashier's even something small as no napkins in the bag mofo theres napkins in the lobby you lazy snot! First and last food service job i ever had . Personally roofing and concrete are my forte's

TheGoodLife35

TheGoodLife35

Awards
I worked at McDonald's when min wage was 5.25 in MA you wanna talk about bullshyt you hear from people. They were all so hateful twords the cashier's even something small as no napkins in the bag mofo theres napkins in the lobby you lazy snot! First and last food service job i ever had . Personally roofing and concrete are my forte's
I am surprised at how angry people get at another human being over silly things. Even when I don't like the service or the person taking my order I don't lash out or make a scene.

I pay taxes, I am 1099 so my taxes are higher then most people not on 1099 and I would love if minimum wage goes up. The amount servers and staff make at restaurants down here in Texas is ridiculous. I believe if they raise the pay then the amount of money they charge for the food will go up and the quality of the food will stay the same. <-this also doesn't bother me since I cook at home daily.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I am surprised at how angry people get at another human being over silly things. Even when I don't like the service or the person taking my order I don't lash out or make a scene.

I pay taxes, I am 1099 so my taxes are higher then most people not on 1099 and I would love if minimum wage goes up. The amount servers and staff make at restaurants down here in Texas is ridiculous. I believe if they raise the pay then the amount of money they charge for the food will go up and the quality of the food will stay the same. <-this also doesn't bother me since I cook at home daily.
True , very true . I've done the 1099 as well when i did courier full time haha wat a rip off. Even with my children as dependants i still wound up owing 1825.31$ . My wage equated to 25.41 per / hr. Deductions mean nothing here in MA. It seems like the better you do the harder they hit you with taxes.Not impressed one bit with this ******* in charge. A "good" friend of mine says blame obama hah .

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I know but do you really think you will be paying less in taxes? I dont!!! they will leave the tax rates the same because they can. So high tax rate and increase prices on EVERYTHING
ok...let me try another route....prices keep going sky high anyways. 10 years ago employee wages at places like macdonalds and Walmart substantially effected prices, but salaries have not gone up, yet some items are double what they were 10 years ago....I think price setting plays a much bigger role than employee wages in todays market place.

look at gas prices, 7 years ago the high price of gas was used to justify higher prices...guess what-gas is under $2 gal here in Indiana and prices keep going up. I firmly believe they are going to set prices as high as they can, with or without a raise in minimum wage!!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
people get more mad at a macdonald employee for messing up their order than a doctor who screws up a surgery, it's insane!!!!

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
people get more mad at a macdonald employee for messing up their order than a doctor who screws up a surgery, it's insane!!!!
True . Its fuucking nuts . Look at the price increase in milk and eggs . From 1.79 a gal to 4.79 . Is there a shortage of cows?

TheGoodLife35

TheGoodLife35

Awards
True , very true . I've done the 1099 as well when i did courier full time haha wat a rip off. Even with my children as dependants i still wound up owing 1825.31$ . My wage equated to 25.41 per / hr. Deductions mean nothing here in MA. It seems like the better you do the harder they hit you with taxes.Not impressed one bit with this ******* in charge. A "good" friend of mine says blame obama hah .
I'm so used to it, whatever I owe I don't let it bother me and it's the same with bills. I work hard and just keep going, bills are little things when you are in good health and family healthy. I wish more people to be able to live this way and for that to happen raising minimum wage would help. For those saying don't raise it then what should we do to help lower class?

For example it was a big thing going around on video of why Walmart doesn't pay well and it's because they want their workers on government assistance because they end up using the food stamps at Walmart lol. So there is numerous reasons why companies don't want to pay more to workers or pay for their health insurance.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I'm so used to it, whatever I owe I don't let it bother me and it's the same with bills. I work hard and just keep going, bills are little things when you are in good health and family healthy. I wish more people to be able to live this way and for that to happen raising minimum wage would help. For those saying don't raise it then what should we do to help lower class?

For example it was a big thing going around on video of why Walmart doesn't pay well and it's because they want their workers on government assistance because they end up using the food stamps at Walmart lol. So there is numerous reasons why companies don't want to pay more to workers or pay for their health insurance.
Raising min wage would eliminate some not all public assistance. Less dependant America.

TheGoodLife35

TheGoodLife35

Awards
Raising min wage would eliminate some not all public assistance. Less dependant America.
I think it's great, it forces people to work more and actually care about their job because they can't afford to lose it. Anyway I signed the petition or what have you to raise minimum wage last time I flew to LA.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Raising minimum wage isn't they way to go about it IMO. I believe that the best way would be the government encouraging lower prices on groceries and gas. Doing so with tax deductions. To qualify for the deductions you have to meet x amount of employees and x average wage and meet price qualifications

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Raising minimum wage isn't they way to go about it IMO. I believe that the best way would be the government encouraging lower prices on groceries and gas. Doing so with tax deductions. To qualify for the deductions you have to meet x amount of employees and x average wage
I like your idea . Except when is the last time you seen food prices drop ? Raising minimum wage gives the state and federal gov more tax dollars to play with . If we drop prices people may make out better but gov will never let that happen.

TheGoodLife35

TheGoodLife35

Awards
I like your idea . Except when is the last time you seen food prices drop ? Raising minimum wage gives the state and federal gov more tax dollars to play with . If we drop prices people may make out better but gov will never let that happen.
I would be scared if they drop prices they may cut corners on quality :/ I try to eat organic now anyway but food quality is a very scary thing when you think about it.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Youre right food prices have done nothing but increase for decades. That's why the gov should encourage it. However raising minimum wage will doing nothing but drastically increase prices of everything. It will also will most likely increase tax rates. It would only screw the middle class

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I would be scared if they drop prices they may cut corners on quality :/ I try to eat organic now anyway but food quality is a very scary thing when you think about it.
Its expensive as f . We buy organic veggies. Sometimes free range chicken or grass fed beef .

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All food has to meet usda and fda standards. It wouldnt change quality at all.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Youre right food prices have done nothing but increase for decades. That's why the gov should encourage it. However raising minimum wage will doing nothing but drastically increase prices of everything. It will also will most likely increase tax rates. It would only screw the middle class
So there is really no happy medium for anyone rich get richer poor get poorer. Wat if we created a baseline for wages all states had to pay the same . All states gas oil and everything else same price. How would that work ?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So there is really no happy medium for anyone rich get richer poor get poorer. Wat if we created a baseline for wages all states had to pay the same . All states gas oil and everything else same price. How would that work ?
That might its hard to tell as nothing like that has been tried. Also it would be nearly impossible to do but i think if we did it; it would work.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cant wait to see the first malpractice lawsuit directed at a cashier at mcdonalds. Come on man. This is just a blatant lie...and honestly quite ridiculous if you think a mcdonalds cashier deserves to make anything close to a doctor or anything close. It's a lot easier to put 5 napkins in a ****ing bag than it is to perform surgery...are you gonna try to dispute that?

I have a BS and work in a low end position in an ER. I am what is called a medical scribe, i write the physician notes for them so they have more time to manage cases, spend more time with patients, see more patients, etc. I make less than the hiring wage at Walmart...where some people that don't even have high school educations work. Is that fair? Probably not. Do you see me bitching about it all over the internet? No. Because it is what it is and if i really dont like it then I'm going to find a better job. Just like the people that work at mcdonalds should do. Instead of crying about it on the internet.

Everyone in the world cant be happy. Everyone can't have a perfect life. There's no feasible way to make that happen. Would it be awesome if everything was equal and we could all hold hands and sing kumbaya? Absolutely, if you find a perfect way to make that happen then run for president...i'll vote for you.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Let's be real. Fast food is an extremely easy job. Its ment for teenagers and college students. I have no college degree and do better then most because I hustled and kept looking for better jobs and constantly applying. I now make more then a lot of friends that went to college. Construction/demolition plus side buisness. Now I know some are trying and it can be tough. But the majority on assistance don't want to get off. I wish I knew a way tha everybody could do well to but feel razing minim wage would just hurt small buisness and not help anybody.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Cant wait to see the first malpractice lawsuit directed at a cashier at mcdonalds. Come on man. This is just a blatant lie...and honestly quite ridiculous if you think a mcdonalds cashier deserves to make anything close to a doctor or anything close. It's a lot easier to put 5 napkins in a ****ing bag than it is to perform surgery...are you gonna try to dispute that?

I have a BS and work in a low end position in an ER. I am what is called a medical scribe, i write the physician notes for them so they have more time to manage cases, spend more time with patients, see more patients, etc. I make less than the hiring wage at Walmart...where some people that don't even have high school educations work. Is that fair? Probably not. Do you see me bitching about it all over the internet? No. Because it is what it is and if i really dont like it then I'm going to find a better job. Just like the people that work at mcdonalds should do. Instead of crying about it on the internet.

Everyone in the world cant be happy. Everyone can't have a perfect life. There's no feasible way to make that happen. Would it be awesome if everything was equal and we could all hold hands and sing kumbaya? Absolutely, if you find a perfect way to make that happen then run for president...i'll vote for you.
Did you choose your career knowing wat you would MAKE for a pay ?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
What will happen with s raised minimum wage is a few things (none of which are positive for the people that a raised minimum wage is intended to benefit):

- increased automation to remove these human based jobs

- where that cannot be done a reduction in hours and increase in employees will happen.

There are things behind the scenes that an employee does not even think about, ie obamacsre forcing entrepreneurs to offer employees with certain qualifications healthcare coverage... Most of whom deny it because it's too expensive for them anyway.

The people who fall for an increased min wage don't understand supply and demand and the backend of a business. They are generally speaking fighting for something that will only make their lives worse because they aren't being informed of the complete end result, they assume a higher dollar value per hour will mean more pay and its many times not the case. Especially in a restaurant setting.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did you choose your career knowing wat you would MAKE for a pay ?
This isn't a "career". Its what im doing to gain experience for my grad school applications. There's a difference between a job and a career. Most people working minimum wage jobs don't understand that imo.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
This isn't a "career". Its what im doing to gain experience for my grad school applications. There's a difference between a job and a career. Most people working minimum wage jobs don't understand that imo.
Yes , i get it . I went to collage for computer networking. Mostly to setup Cisco routers and firewall software. I'm driving as a courier making 25 bucks an hr instead of setting up routers for 15.75 . The only way to fix the economy is to baseline prices and hourly rates . Theres too many spikes on the spreadsheet. Next the dollar will collapse , like Greece.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Yes , i get it . I went to collage for computer networking. Mostly to setup Cisco routers and firewall software. I'm driving as a courier making 25 bucks an hr instead of setting up routers for 15.75 . The only way to fix the economy is to baseline prices and hourly rates . Theres too many spikes on the spreadsheet. Next the dollar will collapse , like Greece.
Unfortunately things aren't that simple

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Yep, "IT" people don't make crap.
I wanted network architect as a career path, but grew impatient with the school i chose. If i would have known, i would have signed up for the electrical engineering course !!

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
If you don't like the capitalistic system of economic social classes, then move to a socialist country lol. Sorry to put it that way, but reforming a society to accomodate lower class people only leads to more socialist systems installed... which is "un-American".

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
If you don't like the capitalistic system of economic social classes, then move to a socialist country lol. Sorry to put it that way, but reforming a society to accomodate lower class people only leads to more socialist systems installed... which is "un-American".
You dont like Mother Russia!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
did you not read what I said....wages make up only a small portion of prices, workers are paid the same as 10 years ago and production is way up from what it was then!!! please don't try to blame high prices on what companies pay to employees, that just makes you look ignorant of the facts.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
that is the dumbest thing I've heard since the last time I listened to rush limbaugh....now it is un-America to pay workers a livable wage?

how dare you to tell me I should move to Russia, if I don't like the way things are in my own country....it is our duty as citizens to strive for a BETTER America!!! abe Lincoln once said a nation shall be judged by the least among them, if that is the case you FAIL miserably!!!

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
that is the dumbest thing I've heard since the last time I listened to rush limbaugh....now it is un-America to pay workers a livable wage?

how dare you to tell me I should move to Russia, if I don't like the way things are in my own country....it is our duty as citizens to strive for a BETTER America!!! abe Lincoln once said a nation shall be judged by the least among them, if that is the case you FAIL miserably!!!
I think you have a huge misconception on how capitalism was designed... It's equal oppurtunity.... but that means competition is at its highest. If you manipulate the lower class, the upper class will have to be manipulated as well to stabilize the economy.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
did you not read what I said....wages make up only a small portion of prices, workers are paid the same as 10 years ago and production is way up from what it was then!!! please don't try to blame high prices on what companies pay to employees, that just makes you look ignorant of the facts.
I understand that prices are influenced by much much much more then wages! However, in Idaho(where i live), minimum wages has changed 3 times in the past 6 years. Every time it has, the price of gas and groceries have raised pretty much the exact amount that the wages were increased by. For example wages increase by 31cents last year and gas, milk, bread, meat, eggs, ice cream, etc, etc.... raised about 31 cents within 3 weeks. Some items increased even more.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think you have a huge misconception on how capitalism was designed... It's equal oppurtunity.... but that means competition is at its highest. If you manipulate the lower class, the upper class will have to be manipulated as well to stabilize the economy.
Yep in true capitalistic country gov has no say at all in the economy. That isn't the solution though, at the same time neither is government setting wages or prices or anything else. Rather they should promote wages to be higher or prices to be lower with things like tax deductions.

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
Yep in true capitalistic country gov has no say at all in the economy. That isn't the solution though, at the same time neither is government setting wages or prices or anything else. Rather they should promote wages to be higher or prices to be lower with things like tax deductions.
Lol capitalism is so flawed. It amuses me how most Americans have some illusion that they are entitiled to more "equal" opportunities then capitalism allows, which leads to socialism.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
do some history on teddy Roosevelt v standard oil....unregulated capitalism IS a form of communism. capitalism MUST BE REGULATED TO HAVE A REPUBLIC.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My question to you is are you going to raise everyone's wage? So will people who currently make $15.00 an hour now make $20.00? Or are you saying that the guy working at McDonalds should make the same as an EMT?

I think you have a huge misconception on how capitalism was designed...

And you might want to look into this. It's what makes America great.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lol capitalism is so flawed. It amuses me how most Americans have some illusion that they are entitiled to more "equal" opportunities then capitalism allows, which leads to socialism.
it amuses me how capitalist think they are entitled to everything and free to dole out whatever crumbs they wish.

the French revolution comes to mind!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My question to you is are you going to raise everyone's wage? So will people who currently make $15.00 an hour now make $20.00? Or are you saying that the guy working at McDonalds should make the same as an EMT?

I think you have a huge misconception on how capitalism was designed...

And you might want to look into this. It's what makes America great.
what is so great about the largest employer paying poverty level wages

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol capitalism is so flawed. However, most Americans have some illusion that they are entitiled to more "equal" opportunities then capitalism allows, which leads to socialism.
Totally agree. The same people that want more equal opportunity say how terrible socialism is. These socialistic ideas dont work. Every country that has been or isnt socialistic economies sucks. The only exception is china, and the china economy is a good as it seems. If you look into it china has been giving and putting out fake information/data of how there economy is.

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
do some history on teddy Roosevelt v standard oil....unregulated capitalism IS a form of communism. capitalism MUST BE REGULATED TO HAVE A REPUBLIC.
Socialism and communism aren't the same thing lol.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what is so great about the largest employer paying poverty level wages
But you still haven't answered my question. Does everybody's pay go up? At what point do you decide someone makes enough? And who makes that decision? (you probably see where I'm headed here)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Socialism and communism aren't the same thing lol.
communism-state owns everything....unchecked capitalism=capitalist own government...you tell me the difference-hehehehe

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
communism-state owns everything....unchecked capitalism=capitalist own government...you tell me the difference-hehehehe
Capitalism isn't a system of government.... Jesus Christ you need to seriously consider reading.