Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Chipolte E-Coli Outbreak Effects 6 More States

E. coli outbreak linked to Chipotle expands to 6 states

NEW YORK (AP) — An outbreak of E. coli linked to Chipotle that originated in the Pacific Northwest has spread south and east and has now infected people in six states.

Investigators have yet to determine the specific ingredient linked to the illness.

So far, 45 people have been infected, with 43 of them saying they ate at Chipotle in the week before they became sick. The CDC said it is aware of illnesses starting on dates ranging from Oct. 19 to Nov. 8. The agency said that illnesses that took place after Oct. 31 may not have been reported yet.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Skipping them for a while. Between this and the issues with their pork supplier, it looks like they need to regroup.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Skipping them for a while. Between this and the issues with their pork supplier, it looks like they need to regroup.
Not to mention the 43 restaurants where the outbreak was before this case happened.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not to mention the 43 restaurants where the outbreak was before this case happened.
True, and it's not like they do anything that I can't easily do myself at home. They're just a convenient place on days that I forget my lunch and need something quick and at least gives the illusion of being healthy.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
True, and it's not like they do anything that I can't easily do myself at home. They're just a convenient place on days that I forget my lunch and need something quick and at least gives the illusion of being healthy.
Could not agree more.
I personally like you, would rather bulk cook meals and save $$$

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Today is Meal Pre Sunday for me.....Who Else ??

Y

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I haven't been there since they stopped supporting the Constitution so no worries for me.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I remember in my College days Chipolte was the shizzzzzzzzzz

Now, if I go there I get the shizzzzz. Just never been a fan, we have a place in Florida called Tijuana Flats, and its more of "fast food" than lets say a Chipolte. But I enjoy that place.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Qdoba > Chiptole IMO

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
80 Boston College Students Sickened By Norovirus After Eating at Nearby Chipotle, Authorities Say

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/80-boston-college-students-sickened-eating-nearby-chipotle/story?id=35645232

Chipotle's tough year is getting worse after 80 Boston College students became ill with norovirus after eating at a Chipotle restaurant near campus.

Officials from the Boston Public Health Department confirmed this afternoon that the students were sickened by norovirus.

“Clinically speaking, these cases have symptoms that are not consistent with E.coli," Dr. Anita Barry, director of Boston Public Health Commission's Infectious Disease Bureau, said. "They are more typical of norovirus.”

The source of the outbreak is still being investigated.

A spokesman for the university said authorities focused on the Cleveland Circle Chipotle location. The restaurant is currently closed for the investigation. The 80 students were tested for both E.coli and norovirus, according to a university spokesperson.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Chipotle to close all stores nationwide for one day

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/national/chipotle-close-all-stores-nationwide-one-day/np5Zz/

In an effort to solve the food-poisoning outbreaks plaguing the company, Chipotle is closing its stores next month.
But it will only be for a few hours on Feb. 8.

CNN reported that Chipotle CEO Steve Ells met with the Center for Disease Control last week to discuss the food-borne illness that led 43 stores to close last year.

“I'm hopeful that the CDC will call this over soon," Ells said. “We know that Chipotle is as safe as it's ever been before. We are all very confident that this E. coli outbreak would not happen again."

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I will still be a customer...No Problem !!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I will still be a customer...No Problem !!
so the company has norovirus and e-coli outbreaks but you want to eat that food.
Good luck with getting sick in 2016. A company that continues to show bad business ethics and can't fix their problem should be a redflag. Thats similar to going to restaurants who cannot pass food inspection, would you want bugs crawling in your food in the kitchen? Would you want employees spitting in your food and not knowing it.. Would you want people to cross-contaminate your food before its served?
Thats disgusting.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Maybe I should phrase it differently, Once they get the problem figured out and fixed I will still eat there!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Maybe I should phrase it differently, Once they get the problem figured out and fixed I will still eat there!
11-21 Ecoli
12-8 Norovirus Outbreak
1-16 Public announcement for closing for a day.

Not looking good.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
THE BAD CHIPOTLE NEWS ISN'T OVER: THE FEDS ARE DIGGING DEEPER NOW

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/chipotles-federal-criminal-investigation-expands

The subpoena, dated January 28th, requires Chipotle to hand over documents and other information related to food safety across the entire company dating back to January 1, 2013, instead of just the single location. Chipotle said it will fully cooperate with the investigation, which is being conducted by the Food and Drug Administration’s Office of Criminal Investigations.

The earnings report also illustrates the enormous dent the food-borne illness scares put in Chipotle's business in the fiscal quarter that ended Dec. 31, 2015. When compared to the same quarter in 2014, Chipotle's restaurant sales dropped by 14.6% and its revenue decreased 6.8% to $997.5 million, and worse yet, its net income for the quarter was $67.9 million, or a decrease of 44%

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Chipotle Back in the News With Restaurant Illness Issue

http://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/chipotle-back-news-restaurant-illness-issue/303030/

Chipotle Mexican Grill temporarily shut a restaurant in Massachusetts after four employees got sick, the latest issue for the chain as it tries to recover from a series of foodborne-illness outbreaks.

The illness issue comes one month after Chipotle voluntarily closed all of its restaurants for a few hours for a Feb. 8 meeting at which it addressed updated food-safety protocols.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My wife and I ate at Chipotle a couple weeks ago and we were laid out for a day non stop runs to the toilet. Such a shame we love that place.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Chipotle Back in the News With Restaurant Illness Issue

http://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/chipotle-back-news-restaurant-illness-issue/303030/

Chipotle Mexican Grill temporarily shut a restaurant in Massachusetts after four employees got sick, the latest issue for the chain as it tries to recover from a series of foodborne-illness outbreaks.

The illness issue comes one month after Chipotle voluntarily closed all of its restaurants for a few hours for a Feb. 8 meeting at which it addressed updated food-safety protocols.
New way for Chipotle employees to get raises? "cough cough, I'm not feeling well. If only I had an extra dollar an hour."

They sent out free coupons here and I took them up on it. Rolled the dice and got free tacos!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
New way for Chipotle employees to get raises? "cough cough, I'm not feeling well. If only I had an extra dollar an hour."

They sent out free coupons here and I took them up on it. Rolled the dice and got free tacos!
along with free parasites, 2 strains of ecoli and salmonellosis

lol

J

jerm129

Awards
Damn you chipotle, I just had to re-evaluate my relationship with my toilet now.