Rant. .....Would you train under this dude?

Status
Not open for further replies.
datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
He is a trainer at planet fitness. I apologize if he is medical unable to be in better shape. I know you can't judge a book by its cover, but damn it's hard when you look like this

Not trying to listen to him but he talks so arrogant and talking down to her previous lifestyle.

Sure Hambod or whatever his name is not fit looking but he's got a resume that's tiff to best.

Rant done.

EDIT:
(1) I removed the pic because its not cool to take pic of people without their knowledge...I am not a paparazzi.
(2) to change what I am ranting about

Let me rephrase my rant. "If you are/were a newbie, would you train with a trainer that is an arrogant ahole?"

Last edited:
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's a trainer like him at my gym and I'm like.... Uh......

Haha, you train at planet fitness!

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
There's a trainer like that at my gym and I'm like.... Uh......

Haha, you train at planet fitness!
Lol, it's a mile away and cheap. Not the best.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Better than the trainers at my gym...dude is so scrawny..gives horrible advice and was making out with a client in the yoga room! God damn how many times am I going to tell this story lol

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope. Just like I wouldn't go to a dentist with bad teeth.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it depends also. My dad's heart surgeon was extremely crossed eye but did an amazing job. My friend's plastic surgeon had 30 years of experience but her results were horrible.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think it depends also. My dad's heart surgeon was extremely crossed eye but did an amazing job. My friend's plastic surgeon had 30 years of experience but her results were horrible.
Really? Actually I'm not surprised. When people have talent whether learned or natural it seems they can perform under even the most stressful or complex circumstances. I mean 30 years of experience is great.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
I think this dude was treated bad growing up so now he thinks that since he is a trainer, he can be arrogant and treat others bad.

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
Ask him how you can achieve a "physique" like his.

Lol post results.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you guys expect? It's planet fitness and they want someone who could relate to their customers.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Do you notice they both have the same stance?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I personally think that it is a good idea to have more "normal" looking people that may have knowledge for those people that normally would be intimidated to go to a trainer. This guy is a poor example, but I think you need trainers for each segment of people that may be looking for one.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I personally think that it is a good idea to have more "normal" looking people that may have knowledge for those people that normally would be intimidated to go to a trainer. This guy is a poor example, but I think you need trainers for each segment of people that may be looking for one.
I think it's hard to take people seriously who don't practice what they preach. I mean you don't have to have a floor full of jacked dudes and figure pros, but I know I would have a hard time paying that dumpy mofo any money to give me or anyone advice on fitness

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure, I absolutely see that side as well and always felt that way. But I've opened up to the idea because I see people that normally probably wouldn't be making an effort, doing so with a more average trainer. Again, this guy is a poor example of what I'm referring to.

JG93

JG93

Awards
I think it's hard to take people seriously who don't practice what they preach. I mean you don't have to have a floor full of jacked dudes and figure pros, but I know I would have a hard time paying that dumpy mofo any money to give me or anyone advice on fitness
I agree, With that said, i think most of us on these forums, are a bit more advanced in the Gym. If i was someone that needed motivation to lose weight, it wouldnt be a overweight trainer. someone normal would be fine, but that is absurd.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most of the people on these forum look more like that guy than their 5 year old avi. Most of these people give the best advice but won't post a progress pic.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just because a guy is jacked and muscular doesn't mean he knows what the hell he is doing. I see this first hand on a regular basis

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree, With that said, i think most of us on these forums, are a bit more advanced in the Gym. If i was someone that needed motivation to lose weight, it wouldnt be a overweight trainer. someone normal would be fine, but that is absurd.
Most people also don't spend 24 hours a day thinking about their biceps. Most people don't take it that seriously. I envy the fat guy who can take his shirt off at the pool and give no ****s about what others think. That dudes a badass in my opinion

JG93

JG93

Awards
Most people also don't spend 24 hours a day thinking about their biceps. Most people don't take it that seriously. I envy the fat guy who can take his shirt off at the pool and give no ****s about what others think. That dudes a badass in my opinion
He is still fat... And repulsive.

Good, He is comfortable with himself, but it is pretty pathetic he cant "Train himself"

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Good, He is comfortable with himself, but it is pretty pathetic he cant "Train himself"
That's a pretty sad mentality. It's of no concern to you and there is far too much negativity without worrying about what someone looks like.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Most of the people on these forum look more like that guy than their 5 year old avi. Most of these people give the best advice but won't post a progress pic.
So true, but internet anonymity promotes negativity and cynicism, sadly. Repped.

Just because a guy is jacked and muscular doesn't mean he knows what the hell he is doing. I see this first hand on a regular basis
True story. Repped.

^^^Agreed. Would rep you twice if I could. Being overly concerned with appearance and fitness can be just as bad as not caring. Ultimately good people are just good people. Don't judge a book by its cover. Cliche but fitting.

That's a pretty sad mentality. It's of no concern to you and there is far too much negativity without worrying about what someone looks like.
Repped.

Damn dude, this is harsh.
I agree I wouldn't be trained by a guy that looks like this, but I'm also educated enough about things to not need a trainer to be in good health. Extremely negative posts like this could discourage anyone that is in poor shape from wanting to come to this forum and learn. A lot of people look much worse than that when they join and are able to make themselves into a happier healthier person with help from this community. That makes a forum great. Unbridled negativity would make this forum common like so many others...

JG93

JG93

Awards
So true, but internet anonymity promotes negativity and cynicism, sadly. Repped.

True story.

^^^Agreed. Would rep you twice if I could. Being overly concerned with appearance and fitness can be just as bad as not caring. Ultimately good people are just good people. Don't judge a book by its cover. Cliche but fitting.

Repped.

I agree I wouldn't be trained by a guy that looks like this, but I'm also educated enough about things to not need a trainer to be in good health. Extremely negative posts like this could discourage anyone that is in poor shape from wanting to come to this forum and learn. A lot of people look much worse than that when they join and make themselves into a happier person with help from this community. That makes a forum great. Unbridled negativity would make this forum common like so many others...
I can agree, maybe it is harsh.. But, it is pretty sad when our world is overly obese.
I don't think it is ok, doesn't look ok, and it is lack of caring.
I would not want to scare someone from working hard to better themselves. And I think that if anything, someone should be motivated.
There are certain things in life you have to be blunt about. Alcoholics don't think they are alcoholics and talking to them sweet doesn't work to well. Same thing with people that are just to damn lazy to do anything. It is becoming the norm that it is ok to be overweight. That is repulsive.
I'm all for bettering, not only myself, but others. It all starts when the one that needs the push, gets the push.
Sorry to offend any of you.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can agree, maybe it is harsh.. But, it is pretty sad when our world is overly obese.
I don't think it is ok, doesn't look ok, and it is lack of caring.
I would not want to scare someone from working hard to better themselves. And I think that if anything, someone should be motivated.
There are certain things in life you have to be blunt about. Alcoholics don't think they are alcoholics and talking to them sweet doesn't work to well. Same thing with people that are just to damn lazy to do anything. It is becoming the norm that it is ok to be overweight. That is repulsive.
I'm all for bettering, not only myself, but others. It all starts when the one that needs the push, gets the push.
Sorry to offend any of you.
I hear you man. No apology necessary. All I'm saying is let's keep this forum open-minded and respectful enough so that anyone who is unhappy with their looks or health isn't even more intimidated to ask for help. A bunch of meatheads talking down fat overweight people is intimidating in a gym or on a forum. A forum is a much likelier place for them to ask for help if they feel they would be well received, much more likely than approaching someone in a gym. If someone is happy the way they are, then more power to 'em. I may not approve but it doesn't affect anyone else.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
When I was working at 24 selling memberships and fitness packages I would always point out our trainers, and we had a couple that did not look the part. These people would do orientation after orientation and very rairly did they sign consistent clients. However the trainers that trained drew the most interest from new clients and produced the best results.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Trainers don't need to be yoked, but atleast look the part. Kinda like a sleepy looking used car salesman. I'd want salesman to look and sound honest. Even though that is subjective but you get idea

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He is just a trainer at planet fitness. I apologize if he is medical unable to be in better shape. I know you can't judge a book by its cover, but damn it's hard when you look like this[.
im at the LA Fitness and dude like this guy and even a bit rounder with dumb looking long dirty beard walks in and starts warming up on the incline bench. Low and behold a short time later he's moving 8 plates plus for reps!!!

Would I train under that big boy at my gym? If I could move 4 plates for reps like that by listening to him...you bet your judgemental ass I would.

IME The people that look the least likely to be someone you would learn from and respect are usually the ones that have the most to share and teach and deserve the most respect.

You have know idea if this guy was a power lifter, ex college or pro football player and or strength and conditioning coach. Aside from receivers and backs most professional football and power lifters are fat ****s - that would own your ass in both fitness and knowledge.

Do they look the part? No.

Apparently it is easy for many to judge a book by its cover and then go on to rant and moan and groan about them on Internet forums.

These threads and the additude they represent have become far too common these days!

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
im at the LA Fitness and dude like this guy and even a bit rounder with dumb looking long dirty beard walks in and starts warming up on the incline bench. Low and behold a short time later he's moving 8 plates plus for reps!!!

Would I train under that big boy at my gym? If I could move 4 plates for reps like that by listening to him...you bet your judgemental ass I would.

IME The people that look the least likely to be someone you would learn from and respect are usually the ones that have the most to share and teach and deserve the most respect.

You have know idea if this guy was a power lifter, ex college or pro football player and or strength and conditioning coach. Aside from receivers and backs most professional football and power lifters are fat ****s - that would own your ass in both fitness and knowledge.

Apparently it is easy for many to judge a book by its cover and then go on to rant and moan and groan about them on Internet forums.

These threads and the additude they represent have become far too common these days!
You are correct, there is always exceptions to the rule.

I wouldn't have ranted it her wasn't so arrogant.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are correct, there is always exceptions to the rule.

I wouldn't have ranted it her wasn't so arrogant.
puccah8808 and cubsfan815 have become a respected capable and knowledgable member of this forum. Many accept and embrace their advice and wisdom.

Ask them to post up pictures of themselves 5 yrs ago. Even 1-2 yrs ago. Then today.

There are many others male and female on this forum that are teaching others.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
puccah8808 has become a respected capable and knowledgable member of this forum. Many accept and embrace her advice and wisdom.

Ask her to post up pictures of herself 5 yrs ago. Even 1-2 yrs ago. Then today.

There are many others male and female on this forum that are teaching others.
She is a bad ass lady but she isn't arrogant and talks down to trainee

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
She is a bad ass lady but she isn't arrogant and talks down to trainee
are you sure? ;)

I'm an abrasive Irish Italian native Brooklyn New Yorker who when says "I love you" often gets "**** you too" in response. J/K...kinda :)

Some people just can't handle other people's appearance characters or personality. Others see and hear the heart.
image.jpeg

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established

True story. Repped.

Repped.

I agree I wouldn't be trained by a guy that looks like this, but I'm also educated enough about things to not need a trainer to be in good health. Extremely negative posts like this could discourage anyone that is in poor shape from wanting to come to this forum and learn. A lot of people look much worse than that when they join and are able to make themselves into a happier healthier person with help from this community. That makes a forum great. Unbridled negativity would make this forum common like so many others...
Word, we all start somewhere, never forget your roots. Never forget how it felt not being able to chest press 30 pound dumbells or barely being able to squat with a bare bar on your back. I remember those days, i remember being a skinny dude with a gut. I remember how embarrassed and emotionally straining it was at the beginning of the road. How hard it was to go to the gym and feel like everyone was laughing at me. I also remember why i started lifting weights. Always remember how far you've come, there are personal trainers that look like that dude in every gym,why? It's because there is a market for them. People who have built their bodies and think this dude is a joke would never hire this guy, but people just beginning their fitness journey will. He is not intimidating, you won't feel judged, you won't take his comments to heart, you'll be able to feel calm and open. If that's what it takes to help someone make the changes to their fitness that will affect all aspects of their lives, then kudos to the out of shape personal trainer. It's all supply and demand and requires much deeper thought than a quick passing of judgement. Always try to help those around you when they ask for it and remember that you have become a role model now that you're in shape. If you can help someone do your best to. It's good to remember that how you look has an impact on all aspects of your life. From how those around you treat you, to your level of confidence and self esteem, to how easily you can find a romantic interest. Don't worry about what others are wasting their money on, don't try to think why they do the things they do. Keep an open mind, try not to pass judgments and be the best you you can be. Everything else will just fall into place.

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
Word, we all start somewhere, never forget your roots. Never forget how it felt not being able to chest press 30 pound dumbells or barely being able to squat with a bare bar on your back. I remember those days, i remember being a skinny dude with a gut. I remember how embarrassed and emotionally straining it was at the beginning of the road. How hard it was to go to the gym and feel like everyone was laughing at me. I also remember why i started lifting weights. Always remember how far you've come,
Good **** dude. Good ****.. I'll never forget being a scrawny 130lb teenager.. and I'll damn sure never forget how it felt to struggle squatting the bar or benching 95lbs. But most importantly, I'll never forget how much I struggled to walk into the gym because I wasn't confident. It's a huge strain on the ego for sure. Hell, I still feel like people are watching and judging me.. but everybody has to start somewhere. If that trainer helps half a dozen people get into eating right and working out, then good on him. ****ing kudos to that guy.

On another note, I wonder if that guy has any idea how famous he's becoming on AM haha

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good **** dude. Good ****.. I'll never forget being a scrawny 130lb teenager.. and I'll damn sure never forget how it felt to struggle squatting the bar or benching 95lbs. But most importantly, I'll never forget how much I struggled to walk into the gym because I wasn't confident. It's a huge strain on the ego for sure. Hell, I still feel like people are watching and judging me.. but everybody has to start somewhere. If that trainer helps half a dozen people get into eating right and working out, then good on him. ****ing kudos to that guy.

On another note, I wonder if that guy has any idea how famous he's becoming on AM haha
For me when I was a teenager I was sadly only 100 pounds at 16 yrs old. I know it sounds awful. I remember going to boarding school and having to walk into the weight room and have guys surrounding me telling me to get the **** out and that I was a scrawny little bitch and was taking up space. I just kept my mouth shut and kept lifting. Eventually I made progress got up to 135 pounds with no fat gain at the time and just kept going. It was embarrassing at first but they started to respect me when they saw I wasn't giving up and kept hitting it regularly

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
And I was turned down just last week to teach spin because I was told I was " to thin ". Whatever.

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
And I was turned down just last week to teach spin because I was told I was " to thin ". Whatever.
That's dumb as hell. "Oh hey, you can't teach that exercise class because you look too good."

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pic? Id like to see what too thin means
Well there is a healthy lean level of thin and then there's an unhealthy borderline anorexic level of thin. Ya know what I mean? Just like someone can be too fat they can certainly be too thin. Lean is completely different

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established

*Standing ovation*

Fitness nowadays sadly seems to be measured by looks and how good of an Instagram selfie you can take instead of actual athletic performance.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
*Standing ovation*

Fitness nowadays sadly seems to be measured by looks and how good of an Instagram selfie you can take instead of actual athletic performance.
True....., but this is called FITNESS industry for a reason. I understand if medically cannot.

Status
Not open for further replies.