Question about prepubescent gyno

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
My oldest son has sprouted this past year and will be 13 in december but I just noticed the other day he has gyno or the look of it pretty badly. very swollen large nipples along with the surrounding tissue but the rest of his body is lean and leaning towards the athletic genetics...Basically my question is; should I take him to the doc for a check up or is it something he'll have to grow through and take care later after he's done growing?

spitboy

Throbbing Member
Awards
  • Established
My oldest son has sprouted this past year and will be 13 in december but I just noticed the other day he has gyno or the look of it pretty badly. very swollen large nipples along with the surrounding tissue but the rest of his body is lean and leaning towards the athletic genetics...Basically my question is; should I take him to the doc for a check up or is it something he'll have to grow through and take care later after he's done growing?
I wish my parents were that observant; I might have done something about it instead of waiting 20 years. With most people, I'd say they would ignore it and "love their son anyway" -- speaking as your son in the future, let me say thanks for caring and wanting to do something about it. Gyno is never minor to the person who has it and nothing pisses me off like hearing that a doctor said "oh it is just minor, don't worry about it." Well, doc, you're not the one who swims with a shirt on, are ya?

Anyway... have you spoken to him about it? You do run the risk of calling too much attention to it and making him self-conscious. Has he said anything to you about it himself?

I don't think you're going to get any results from a doctor because he is so young and it just started. The typical response will be "he will grow out of it."

cobra1414

Awards
Docs won't do a thing at this point. If its still there when he's 20, look up a good plastic surgeon.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
It very well could go away on its own a little further down the road. If not, then possibly bring it up to him.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I haven't said anything to him about it so it wouldn't give him any kind of a complex just in case there was nothing that could be done about it. I was just hoping there was something we could do about it cause you know how cruel kids can be. The good thing is that he is gonna be starting a workout regme with me when his cast comes off so by the time he's in high school he should be able to at least make people think twice before saying any negative comments :p