Personal Training Certification

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
So im moving to a bigger city in some months and im considering getting a personal training certification so I can possibly do that when I move. Any recommendations on certain courses or does it all depend on what the gym accepts?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They have specials on Groupon for your certificate.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Check with some of the gyms in the area that you may be interested in. Some really don't care, but some may prefer a certain cert(s). There are literally way too many out there and the cert doesn't make the trainer, but I'd still invest in a more recognized one if possible.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Check with some of the gyms in the area that you may be interested in. Some really don't care, but some may prefer a certain cert(s). There are literally way too many out there and the cert doesn't make the trainer, but I'd still invest in a more recognized one if possible.
I started looking tonight and it seems that one of the only gyms that's gonna be near me is LA fitness. They pick a handful of different personal training certifications that they approve. Are you certified or do you know any difference in certain ones? I need to pick one pretty soon.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I started looking tonight and it seems that one of the only gyms that's gonna be near me is LA fitness. They pick a handful of different personal training certifications that they approve. Are you certified or do you know any difference in certain ones? I need to pick one pretty soon.
I'm NASM certified. It's pretty highly recognized so it's worked for me and its content is more towards a normal gym environment.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
NSCA CPT, ACSM, NASM are all undisputed certs. Pick an organization that supports your wallet and beliefs and your good to go anywhere in the US with these.

ACE isn't bad, has gotten better, but you run into issues down the road with it as far as continuing education if that is a route you want