T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What inspired this thread?
People constantly using the question mark incorrectly on here. Threads like, "I have a question?".....I don't know, do you have a question?. It amazes me that people that don't know how to use a question mark even passed the 2nd grade.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree, but grammar and punctuation seem to be an issue for most online forums.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
People constantly using the question mark incorrectly on here. Threads like, "I have a question?".....I don't know, do you have a question?. It amazes me that people that don't know how to use a question mark even passed the 2nd grade.
My friend does that all the time. I was so irked and confused once that I screened shot it and asked my sister if I was wrong.

Idk like I like her???

Prolly not?

Grrrr....

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This is a very interesting thread for sure? I know a few people that do this all the time?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
u mad?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I picture him at home with clenched fists reading every mistake I come across now

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm Ron Burgundy?

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Where's the beef at . Have you seen my meat lately!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get infuriated when I see an email/post from someone who adds more than one question mark because they basically just called the other person stupid. I've seen this on broadcast corporate emails where someone feels the need to reply all and I wish I had the power to fire them.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I get infuriated when I see an email/post from someone who adds more than one question mark because they basically just called the other person stupid. I've seen this on broadcast corporate emails where someone feels the need to reply all and I wish I had the power to fire them.
What??

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you ever had a conversation where you and the people you're talking to only respond with questions?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you ever met someone that talks with inflections that make it sound like everything they are saying is a question even though it is a statement? Man, that is the verbal double quotation for me.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven't until now, but uptalk describes exactly what I am talking about.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ah, Californian English. Like, totally, etc - surfer talk fads that need to die in the mainstream, but just haven't for some reason.
Hella gulity. ?????????????