BB.com user reviews

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How reliable are the user reviews from bb.com? For example oximega fish oil wasn't rated the best, but it is definitely recommended here in this forum. Also, orange triad was rated high, but not the highest. thoughts?

Last edited:
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
They're pretty mixed. Some people actually post legit reviews. While many others either sandbag it due to free product, repping, or just have no clue what they're talking about.

Frankly I ignore them usually since there's just too many idiots typing stupid crap like "this stuff flat out WORKS. Gained 10lb on all my lifts"... And they're reviewing after a sample packet of a protein powder...

deepseajs

deepseajs

Awards
  • Established
Take any review anywhere with a grain of salt imo. It all comes down to what's in it, what amount, and quality. I don't really read many of the reviews on bb due to the fact that most people on there only seem to care about taste and probably don't even know what the hell the product even does just saw some fancy advertisement with some jacked dude and thought damn I need that in my life! I would trust a legit log of a product and some solid research of ingredients all day!

Plus on a forum like this people build a strong reputation and you know you can generally trust what they have to say as opposed to some nameless review :)

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Read them if you are bored and want to have a laugh.

When considering whether to buy a particular supplement on the other hand....

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Online reviews anywhere are going to be mixed. I use amazon a lot to get a general idea of how good a product is, but it helps if they explain why they gave a high or low rating. So many times somebody will give one star simply because they had an issue with shipping or something else unrelated to the actual product. And of course there are always people giving false 5 star and false 1 star ratings. Sometimes those start showing up before the product has officially even been received by anybody. Best bet is to use them as a general guide, but rely more on logs or the experience of somebody that you trust if that is an option.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A lot of reviews can be fake or influenced by free product. Same thing with logs. Best way to decide whether to purchase a product is look up the ingredients and dosages needed for effects. Don't look up this information via logs or reviews though, look at scientific papers a pub med. Going solely by reviews or logs anywhere including here is a bad idea.

When considering reviews look at the persons review history. If all the reviews they post look the same with the same ratings, like all 5 out 5, that's a red flag.

I remember seeing an article on this in pc mag. They even mentioned some of the Amazon reviews are fakes and how people get paid to post those fake reviews.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Going by reviews or logs anywhere including here is a bad idea.

Don't agree with that at all. There are many people here that give good honest reviews.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Read them if you are bored and want to have a laugh.

When considering whether to buy a particular supplement on the other hand....
This is my thought. I feel like I am reading a bunch of 15 year olds arguing and commenting when I go there.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't agree with that at all. There are many people here that give good honest reviews.
Ditto that. We have a fairly large core group of people that go out of their way to try and help people here.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
At least here we review things realistically lol.
Protein gets reviewed on mixability, profile, and taste.

Not the muscle it added in a 4 week log, lol

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Be realistic, there are some of the same reviewers and users here as over at bb.com. Some legit reviews over there and some legit reviews here.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guess I'm just jaded because I feel there is a whole lot of wading to get to those people/reviewers.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Be realistic, there are some of the same reviewers and users here as over at bb.com. Some legit reviews over there and some legit reviews here.
Since I'm privy to seeing who comes from where, there is little crossover.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ditto that. We have a fairly large core group of people that go out of their way to try and help people here.
Agreed. I think the attitude here is much different

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I think a good indicator of product quality is at the end if the log, did they purchase more?

There were products I tried and didn't bother, and others that I paid for more of.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Again, you can't solely go by user reviews. You may end up disappointed that way. I've purchased products everyone said was crap and ended up loving them, also the opposite has happened. I'm sure we have all wasted money on products sometime or another in our lives. In the end you gotta decide whether it's worth taking that risk or not. If you don't have the money to risk, don't risk it.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't anyone said they did solely go by reviews alone.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
So was I.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think a good indicator of product quality is at the end if the log, did they purchase more?

There were products I tried and didn't bother, and others that I paid for more of.
Case in point.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1443375989.828958.jpg
Sean1332

They are a sponsor and I still buy it! Lol