Saying Hi

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
New here-
Long time poster at BBD but I was invited to join over here since the other forum as been slowing down a lot these last couple years.
I'm still exploring AM so I'll get to know the culture and people soon I hope.

Power lifting has been my core focus this year. I hit a 450 DL and realized my squat just sucks so I'm trying to build that. When I'm happy with my squat numbers I'll bring a focus of Oly back go the game as well.

Hesitantly, I admit that I am also an avid crossfitter and compete periodically at small local events. I never know how xfit will go over a new forum, lol. I have my L1, USAW level 1, and Kettlebell certs and coached for about year and half, or two years roughly.

I logged every single workout from 2012 till this week at BBD, so I'll start up a log here probably and keep the PR train moving along!

Dustin

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Welcome man. Crossfit is good stuff. I've seen quite of few people that use the format or workouts used in Crossfit. The community is helpful and has the answers for whatever you need.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thanks!
I try to make PL my core focus for strength then use the xfit for conditioning / HIIT. the guys I lift with are really motivational. my buddy is squatting like 415 right now and just PR'd C&J at over 300 so its inspiring and we push eachother pretty hard.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Heck yeah sounds like it. That's sweet that you have all the certs. I like the Kettlebell's I've been researching some crazy stuff dealing with them.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I really didn't like KB at all until I got the cert but I learned a LOT through the classes and gained a new respect for them. Heavy KB is fantastic. I also really like KB armbars for general shoulder health. any time my shoulders start acting wonky I spend a couple weeks adding in some KB armbars and they clear right up.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hell yeah maybe one day I can get some certs. Well man hope you enjoy the forum anything you need can be found or asked.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Welcome! Looking forward to following the log

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thanks guys. I fired up my log and started off carrying over some of my current PR's and a couple recent workouts so I can get straight to work. I look forward to bouncing ideas off ya'all down the road!