Kai Greene not doing the Olympia?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I just saw where someone said he didn't sign the Olympia contract form for this year, anybody know if there's any truth to that?

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I just saw where someone said he didn't sign the Olympia contract form for this year, anybody know if there's any truth to that?
I heard it at the gym today too. He will join though, its a lot of money on the line.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I heard it at the gym today too. He will join though, its a lot of money on the line.
I hope so, he might just be banking on the idea that his supplement sales are going to take off.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There is just something about Kai that rubs me the wrong way.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
This can't be happening but it is... no clear explanations yet. All very vague at this point.

"This is what I heard, not sure if it was true but would explain everything and would go back to PJ say there is stuff “behind the scenes” “Kai had big plans to launch Dynamik in conjunction with the Olympia. His agent demanded a free title sponsorship, a 20×20 booth space and no union load-in fees. Olympia reps countered by demanding that he fork over sponsorship money like everyone else. They had a Mexican standoff. No one budged. Can’t think of a worse way to launch a supplement line than being left outside the arena at the biggest bodybuilding show of the year especially after dieting and gearing up for months. AMI now set to completely pull the plug on him and pressuring the other mags to do the same to sabotage his line and push him over the edge"

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
What a joke...it really is a circus.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Weider wouldn't let anything like that happen at the Olympia, surely it's all a joke.

Rolls eyes

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
It would be the perfect publicity. I'm holding out that this is all planned

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hype is good for ratings!!

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
It would be the perfect publicity. I'm holding out that this is all planned
I was thinking this too. I mean if it wasn't for publicity would you really not sign due to a booth and some small fees?! He's been promoting his new line quite heavily.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If the Mr. Olympia is anything like SEMA a 30x30 both will run about $60,000.00 when it's all said and done.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
If the Mr. Olympia is anything like SEMA a 30x30 both will run about $60,000.00 when it's all said and done.
I have inside knowledge that it is quite a bit more than that. However. He has plenty of money or should have by now. I would say screw my agent and pay for it out of pocket.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I have inside knowledge that it is quite a bit more than that. However. He has plenty of money or should have by now. I would say screw my agent and pay for it out of pocket.
What is the inside knowledge that you have

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He tried to pay for a booth according to people close to him in the industry.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
What is the inside knowledge that you have
I'm not going to go over the inner workings of my company. I will just say that the booths are very expensive but it should not have been a reason for him to stand his ground. He said this is 20 years in the making. I wouldn't let money stand in my way

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I'm not going to go over the inner workings of my company. I will just say that the booths are very expensive but it should not have been a reason for him to stand his ground. He said this is 20 years in the making. I wouldn't let money stand in my way
I thought you were saying you had "inside knowledge" about it being more than just about the money for a booth. I've heard something about media coverage being involved somehow with him possibly not competing, and by Kai's most recent Instagram post about the situation it does seem like he isn't competing.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Haha and how about shed some light on how this all unfolded to not competing completely. We will treat it like it was just a rumor
That'd be cool if it was a rumor, I'm just going off of what's been said.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I thought you were saying you had "inside knowledge" about it being more than just about the money for a booth. I've heard something about media coverage being involved somehow with him possibly not competing, and by Kai's most recent Instagram post about the situation it does seem like he is competing.
The post about supporting ifbb? I don't see that as a sign that he will compete this year.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
The post about supporting ifbb? I don't see that as a sign that he will compete this year.
My b, mis-type I meant seems like he's not* competing

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
My b, mis-type I meant seems like he's not* competing
Gotcha. Still somebody has some explaining to do. Him not competing is just ridiculous. Both sides better come up with a good reason.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Gotcha. Still somebody has some explaining to do. Him not competing is just ridiculous. Both sides better come up with a good reason.
True that, it really sucks for all of the Kai fans who bought tickets

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
True that, it really sucks for all of the Kai fans who bought tickets
I hate that he's not in the game of naming names. Eff that, if he's really not at fault then drop those names and let's start throwing people under the bus. I have a feeling this was partly his doing. No offense to the Kai fans out there.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't know what to feel about the above video. Lol.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I hate that he's not in the game of naming names. Eff that, if he's really not at fault then drop those names and let's start throwing people under the bus. I have a feeling this was partly his doing. No offense to the Kai fans out there.
Unless he asked for concessions that other athletes have been granted , I'm guessing this falls on him. Obviously there might be more to the story , if the Olympia contract was the same one he has been getting in the past and they gave it to in the time frame they said it's not looking good for him.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't know what to feel about the above video. Lol.
It was rumored that Kai was involved with the new organization, but I just heard that he will have a press conference tomorrow morning probably stating otherwise.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
It was rumored that Kai was involved with the new organization, but I just heard that he will have a press conference tomorrow morning probably stating otherwise.
I tihnk the whole report that he wouldn't do it because he wouldn't get a booth is BS....his backers can easily afford a booth and he's almost guaranteed 100k+ in prize money. Its definitely something else.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tihnk the whole report that he wouldn't do it because he wouldn't get a booth is BS....his backers can easily afford a booth and he's almost guaranteed 100k+ in prize money. Its definitely something else.
I agree. There should be more info coming out in the next day or two. I heard that he can attend the expo now as well.

warrior737

Awards
I don't agree fully with this statement. Launching his line would have sky rocketed him and the company using free advertisement from a free booth he wanted. Making big sponsors loose big time. Especially MHP (musclemeds) He was trying to get a booth for free and launch a line no competitors represent except him. If he won he would have hit big. They would have lost. So the big companies blackballed him. It is politics and I believe it is because the larger sponsors would have lost out big cause Kai was going to be Mr. O if not 2nd place again. Win win for kai. Lose lose for companies not repping kai anymore.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't agree fully with this statement. Launching his line would have sky rocketed him and the company using free advertisement from a free booth he wanted. Making big sponsors loose big time. Especially MHP (musclemeds) He was trying to get a booth for free and launch a line no competitors represent except him. If he won he would have hit big. They would have lost. So the big companies blackballed him. It is politics and I believe it is because the larger sponsors would have lost out big cause Kai was going to be Mr. O if not 2nd place again. Win win for kai. Lose lose for companies not repping kai anymore.
Don't really understand this. A booth doesn't really launch anything these days at an expo. Everyone already knew about his brand......his backers could have written them a check out of petty cash for a booth.

In fact, his backers hav a 50ft billboard of themselves entering the expo. Not competing because he dind't get a booth is ridiculous IMO. Singerman already stated it had nothing to do with the booth.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So spend how many weeks preparing and take a large amount of drugs to just up and not compete?

That don't make sense. He is 40 he doesn't have much time left to keep competing.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah. Watching live feed but its the bikini stuff right now. Want to see what Ramy looks like at 316lbs....

white_lie

Awards
  • Established
I think Ramy has come in too big.
Unsure any of the guys up there will hold it to Phil, he knows it too. Confidence is thru the roof

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ramy held way too much water. Wolf was shredded better than ever. In terms of conditioning, he smoked everyone.

warrior737

Awards
[video=youtube;iCq7Xzp4uWg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCq7Xzp4uWg[/video]

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wathced that video...it came out before Singerman said the booth had nothing to do with it...since he would be the one paying for it.