Sleep = Recovery! Mattress Thread

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a 13 year old mattress that was my wife's before we were married. I want to take this thing outside and burn it! Pinch spots causing my arms to fall asleep. Back feels like I went 5 rounds with Rocky!

I've been looking at a Tempurpedic but I don't want to mortgage my house to pay for it! I'm looking for recommendations and for any mattress salespeople that can get me a long distance discount. Anyone? Any deals out there?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I bought a new one a year and a half ago. Came from a memory foam one that lasted around 9 years. I looked at the prices of the Tempurpedic and said "no way"

I went back to a traditional mattress. A year and a half in, its already caving in where I sleep. I should have stayed with the memory foam.

Abercrombie33

Awards
I have a latex mattress over 10 years old. It has more hills & valleys than the Rocky Mountains. And it sleeps really hot. I've had recommendations for Tempurpedic and water filled mattresses. The water filled look good to me. There are some with water filled tubes, and some with bladders. They are supposed to be the best at even support and don't sleep hot. But I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
My wife ordered a 12" thick memory foam off www.overstock.Com. it's the same one they sell at Sam's Club. Don't know the name or brand. wad around $600 or so for a queen. It sleeps great. Compared to the old spring mattress, I don't wake up feeling like my back and neck are all bound up.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been through two $1500+ spring mattresses in the last 6 years or so. Needed a change from springs mattresses. Got a deal on a Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Cloud Supreme. The King was regular priced at $3600 and I got a model year-end deal on it for $2400 out the door - 24 month no interest.

Here's a hint - if you buy the mattress ONLY and put it on your own box spring or deck you save a lot of cash and it's still fully warrantied. They want $500+ just for a deck/base.

It can be a tad bit warm in the summer, as it uses and retains your body heat to form to your contour, but I have no issue with cranking my ceiling fan to compensate.

Never a bad night sleep because of the mattress.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I'm pretty annoyed at spending $1600 for a king sized mattress that is not holding up. Have to bite the bullet eventually and go tempur....

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've got a tuft and needle king size mattress that's made a huge difference with my sleep quality.

Only had it about a year, but no issues to speak of yet.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Unfortunately one of those "get what you pay for" situations here, have not regretted paying more.
Sleep is a huge priority

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We are getting a Marriott mattress for our next bed, probably in the next month or two.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Was so mad at my mattress this morning as my back was screaming at me. The only Tempurpedic mattress deal is Sears offering a $300 store card when you buy from them. Tempurpedic must be making quite a profit on these to fix pricing like they are.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely a high margin product, but might be worth it.