• First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This is ridiculous:

Virginia TV reporter, photographer killed in shooting during live interview

Virginia reporter, photographer fatally shot on live TV - CNN.com

ABC News reported that it has received a fax containing a 23-page manifesto from someone named Bryce Williams, the news outlet tweeted. The document has been handed over to investigators, ABC said.

Police are seeking a former WDBJ-TV reporter in connection with the shooting deaths of a reporter and photographer on live television Wednesday, a representative of the Augusta County Sheriff's Department said.

Vester Flanagan is driving a 2009 gray Ford Mustang, the sheriff's representative said, stopping short of calling Flanagan a suspect.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The guy wore a Gopro while he shot them. The video leaked online, absolutely terrible.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This one hits me hard. I was a photo journalist for three years, was in some sketchy situations but never feared anything like this. Just terrible and heartbreaking

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't bring myself to watch it. Just terrible.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not to derail, but it seems fake.

No one notices him pulling out gun first time?

She gets hit close range, and doesn't fall down?

infinitepower

infinitepower

Awards
I saw the go pro video he took on live leak. Pretty messed up

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not to derail, but it seems fake.

No one notices him pulling out gun first time?

She gets hit close range, and doesn't fall down?
If you saw the Gopro video then you wouldn't have these questions. He was standing behind the camera man the whole time just watching. Then pulls the gun and starts firing

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He pulled the gun, then stands around for a bit.

Then pulls gun again and fires, from the one I saw.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First time he pulled it he realized they weren't on air yet. He was intentionally waiting until the feed was live..

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, what do you mean by 'fake' ?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can't be serious.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I cannot understand why Amercians hold on to their gun love with instances like this. You guys have more domestic shootings than most countries combined

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's not a gun issue, it is human issue, and in many cases a mental disorder.
cubsfan815 - two people just died because of another and you think it's cute to start a devil's advocate stance and say it was fake? Something is wrong with you.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
cubsfan815 - two people just died because of another and you think it's cute to start a devil's advocate stance and say it was fake? Something is wrong with you.
I agree, but you freely give people with issues access to guns. That is a problem.

It just saddens me to see things like this occuring daily when more stingent vetting could be put in place at the very least.

So sad :(

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing wrong with me. Just looked fake. We see scenes like this in movies, tv, etc. Seeing it in real life, just looked weird. I'm entitled to my opinion.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree, but you freely give people with issues access to guns. That is a problem.

It just saddens me to see things like this occuring daily when more stingent vetting could be put in place at the very least.

Guns are incredibly easy to get access to, even for crazy people. The guy in this scenario could have just as easily walked up and stabbed both of them in seconds.

I am far from a pro gun advocate, but I don't like how every time something happens, that is the default argument.

And I am saying this in general, not against you, Jiigzz. :)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Guns are incredibly easy to get access to, even for crazy people. The guy in this scenario could have just as easily walked up and stabbed both of them in seconds.

I am far from a pro gun advocate, but I don't like how every time something happens, that is the default argument.

And I am saying this in general, not against you, Jiigzz. :)
No offense taken :)

Very true. Unstable people gonna unstable.

infinitepower

infinitepower

Awards
They always end up offing themselves. Why cant they just kill themselves and let the others be.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Nothing wrong with me. Just looked fake. We see scenes like this in movies, tv, etc. Seeing it in real life, just looked weird. I'm entitled to my opinion.
If all you've ever seen is people on TV get shot and drop immediately, that's your problem. That's what's fake. Unless you put a bullet into a brain or get lucky and hit the spinal cord, it will never happen like you see on tv. Have you ever hunted and had a deer run hundreds of yards before dropping? Don't equate reality with what you watch on tv, you will be sorely dissapointed and mistaken.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I cannot understand why Amercians hold on to their gun love with instances like this. You guys have more domestic shootings than most countries combined
Thats a funny line I've seen everywhere the last 2 days. Here's the flaw with hanging your entire opinion on that statement.

The US has the 3rd largest population. Number 4 is almost 100 million fewer. Yet we are at number 28 in numbers of murders per year. Ok more people die here from guns, but there still a hell of a lot more people being killed in other countries by other means.

Remember the genocide in Rwanda? How many thousands of people were hacked to death with machetes? I don't recall people going around crying about more machete control laws. people weren't posting that Africa has the most machete deaths of any other continent. It's all perspecrive, and if you don't look at the bigger picture, outsiders proclaim an opinion that's not rooted in reality.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is just as bad as the he/she last week or so that slit a ladies throat in the grocery store in the ice cream isle. I think more citizens should have guns to protect themselves. Part of the problem I think is the way certain states handle people with mental illness.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established

The man passed a FBI background check to purchase the gun, as required by law. He wasn't a mental patient anywhere. He wasn't under a restraining order. He hadn't been involuntarily committed, which would have been a drastic move.

What would you have done to prevent it?

When you have Ass in Chief crying that this guy was a victim of white priviledge, that's the problem that can be fixed. If we didn't have a racist president fanning the flames of racism, there would be fewer angry black people running around mad because the president says they're getting screwed by whitey.

The pres didn't come out and speak about it yesterday, because it didn't fit the racist template, white guy shoots black guy. Yet when he does speak about it, he still spins it into his racist narrative.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The man passed a FBI background check to purchase the gun, as required by law. He wasn't a mental patient anywhere. He wasn't under a restraining order. He hadn't been involuntarily committed, which would have been a drastic move.

What would you have done to prevent it?

When you have Ass in Chief crying that this guy was a victim of white priviledge, that's the problem that can be fixed. If we didn't have a racist president fanning the flames of racism, there would be fewer angry black people running around mad because the president says they're getting screwed by whitey.

The pres didn't come out and speak about it yesterday, because it didn't fit the racist template, white guy shoots black guy. Yet when he does speak about it, he still spins it into his racist narrative.
Where i'm from, access to weapons, especially powerful non hunting weapons is prohibited. We have so few shootings that even one makes national news. Australia, which used to have access to firearms, has now limited them with great success.

My argument is that you have access to weapons, especially small personal arms that are easily hidden that are carried to protect yourself from other people with equally hidden weapons. The constant variable in shootings is gun, remove that and you have less killings. Yes, he may have come at them with a knife but you can't harm many people at once with a big knife like you can with a gun.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Where i'm from, access to weapons, especially powerful non hunting weapons is prohibited. We have so few shootings that even one makes national news. Australia, which used to have access to firearms, has now limited them with great success.

My argument is that you have access to weapons, especially small personal arms that are easily hidden that are carried to protect yourself from other people with equally hidden weapons. The constant variable in shootings is gun, remove that and you have less killings. Yes, he may have come at them with a knife but you can't harm many people at once with a big knife like you can with a gun.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-26402367

Keep telling yourself that. 29 people stabbed to death with a little knife and 130 injured.

There are still 27 countries with higher murder rates than here. End of discussion. A gun is a tool that an evil person intent on killing someone chooses. If a gun isn't available, they will find a different tool.

People from other countries also have a hard time understanding why America has contributed to the greatest period of innovation and technology since it's inception than any other country and why that makes the US one of the greatest countries. Our innovation has been exported to other nstions improving quality of life around the world. America is different than other places, that doesn't make us worse than other places.

A rag tag army of people used guns to defeat the greatest nation and declare independence. Our Constitution was written to ensure the citizenry would be able to fight off enemies foreign or domestic. our ciuntry wasn't formed because a dictator moved in and took control. We fought for and won freedom. Using guns. If you're from England, nothing personal.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The Star-Spangled Banner started playing in my head while reading your post

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-26402367

Keep telling yourself that. 29 people stabbed to death with a little knife and 130 injured.

There are still 27 countries with higher murder rates than here. End of discussion. A gun is a tool that an evil person intent on killing someone chooses. If a gun isn't available, they will find a different tool.

People from other countries also have a hard time understanding why America has contributed to the greatest period of innovation and technology since it's inception than any other country and why that makes the US one of the greatest countries. Our innovation has been exported to other nstions improving quality of life around the world. America is different than other places, that doesn't make us worse than other places.

A rag tag army of people used guns to defeat the greatest nation and declare independence. Our Constitution was written to ensure the citizenry would be able to fight off enemies foreign or domestic. our ciuntry wasn't formed because a dictator moved in and took control. We fought for and won freedom. Using guns. If you're from England, nothing personal.
Did you read the news article? Read again how many people were involved.

If youre pro gun then go you. Be blind to the fact that gun violence is a huge concern for many of your political leaders. The USA has not had a full scale invasion in many lifetimes, yet you claim you need it to defend against one? Dont kid yourself. People have a firearm to either protect themselves from other firearm users (or themselves from other Americans) or to intentionally cause harm to another.

Not from england either. But if youre comparing western powers from 1st world countries, where do you sit in the murder charts then? Dont compare corrupt countries or third world countries to the US.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you aren't an American citizen, and don't intend to become one, your opinion on gun control in America is worthless.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If you aren't an American citizen, and don't intend to become one, your opinion on gun control in America is worthless.
Yes I am not allowed to be concerned with what other countries are doing.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does it affect your life in any way? I'd be willing to say it doesn't.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, note that I didn't say what you could or could not be concerned with.

I just stated that no one gives a crap about your opinion on something, that happens on the other side of the world, that has no affect on you. Just like I don't give a crap about the laws that are passed in New Zealand, and no one gives a crap about my opinion of them.

Otheridstaken

Otheridstaken

Awards
Wag the dog right? How do we know for sure it was real unless we witnessed with our own eyes?

Has anyone watched the youtube video of the father after the Sandy Hook shooting? Laughing it up, and then getting in character for the camera. Also, not one single teardrop. There were a lot of fingers in the corner of the eye.
I saw no outrage or anger that would fit that situation. I don't think any children died that day.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Does it effect your life in any way? I'd be willing to say it doesn't.
Whats that got to do with anything? A lot of things that happen overseas dont affect me, or you for that matter, yet people show interest in it.
I care about the polar ice caps, animals in africa being hunted, and other global events. Do they affect me? No. Do I care about them? Yes.

What a poor reason for someone to not contribute to a discussion.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whats that got to do with anything? A lot of things that happen overseas dont affect me, or you for that matter, yet people show interest in it.
I care about the polar ice caps, animals in africa being hunted, and other global events. Do they affect me? No. Do I care about them? Yes.

What a poor reason for someone to not contribute to a discussion.
You're right, there are tons of things that go on in the world that don't affect me (like this shooting for example).

And I don't give a good god damn about any of them.

What I do give a crap about is people using certain situations that happen across the world to try to change the way I am allowed to live my life. If I wanted the government to tell me everything I could or couldn't do, I'd move to Russia.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
You're right, there are tons of things that go on in the world that don't affect me (like this shooting for example).

And I don't give a good god damn about any of them.

What I do give a crap about is people using certain situations that happen across the world to try to change the way I am allowed to live my life. If I wanted the government to tell me everything I could or couldn't do, I'd move to Russia.
But they do? Pretty sure thats what the law is for, lol

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But they do? Pretty sure thats what the law is for, lol
Not everything, clearly.

Since I am currently able to purchase and own as many firearms as I'd like, and I'm not in any hurry to have that changed.

And circling back to my original point, your opinion on that matter is totally worthless because 1. You don't live or vote here and 2. You have no intention of changing that.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Not everything, clearly.

Since I am currently able to purchase and own as many firearms as I'd like, and I'm not in any hurry to have that changed.

And circling back to my original point, your opinion on that matter is totally worthless because 1. You don't live or vote here and 2. You have no intention of changing that.
The law allows you to buy a weapon, ergo they have control over what you can and cannot do.

My points to you dont matter - and thats fine it doesnt change my perspective. Still doesnt take away my right to an opinion.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The law allows you to buy a weapon, ergo they have control over what you can and cannot do.

My points to you dont matter - and thats fine it doesnt change my perspective. Still doesnt take away my right to an opinion.
In that sense you are certainly correct, but ultimately the decision on whether or not I have one is mine to make.

And people like you would want to take that decision away from me, which is not OK. Especially since you would want my freedom to choose taken away from me, all while you yourself would not be effected.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Did you read the news article? Read again how many people were involved.

If youre pro gun then go you. Be blind to the fact that gun violence is a huge concern for many of your political leaders. The USA has not had a full scale invasion in many lifetimes, yet you claim you need it to defend against one? Dont kid yourself. People have a firearm to either protect themselves from other firearm users (or themselves from other Americans) or to intentionally cause harm to another.

Not from england either. But if youre comparing western powers from 1st world countries, where do you sit in the murder charts then? Dont compare corrupt countries or third world countries to the US.
5 people mudere 29 and injuries 130 WITH KNIVES. what's your point. Population density accounts for numbers of murders. As I pointed out, we have the 3 largest population with almost 100 Million more than number 4. Yet WE HAVE 27 OTHER COUNTRIES WITH FEWER PEOPLE IN THEM COMMITTING MORE MURDERS EVERY YEAR.

The USA hasn't had a full scale invasion in a long time. Compared to other countries we are one of the youngest. Maybe you should keep an eye on the news with all the Muslims that have declared war on us and are planning and have committed terrorist attacks on our soil.

It means something to be an American. Should I remind you of the 3 unarmed American service men that saved an entire train from a crazed Muslim recently. There sure as hell weren't any French people going into action. How many times have we saved the French?

Anyway, you don't get it and you never will. You don't understand the rights that God ordained our founders to instill in the Constitution. If you've never had a certain right in another country, that we have here, you won't understand. But rest assured if some crazed person is going to do harm to you in your country, and there's an American that sees it happen, they will go into action and may be the first to die trying to save your ass.

MOLON LABE

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
And FWIW, this shooting happened in my hometown. It doesn't give me any more rights to claim victim status, which I never will. But look at interviews of the parents of the 2 ladies involved. The lady that survived, her father has his head screwed on straight and says he blames the crazed lunatic for this tragedy. The other father says he's going to go to his grave pushing for more background checks. As I stated earlier, the guy passed the federally mandated background check. I get that he had his world destroyed and is very emotional. He's entitled to that.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Wag the dog right? How do we know for sure it was real unless we witnessed with our own eyes?

Has anyone watched the youtube video of the father after the Sandy Hook shooting? Laughing it up, and then getting in character for the camera. Also, not one single teardrop. There were a lot of fingers in the corner of the eye.
I saw no outrage or anger that would fit that situation. I don't think any children died that day.
This doesn't fit the template. If that's they made it up, they would have had the white Nazi shoot the gay black man. Which also points to Obama's rediculous statement saying the crazed shooter was a victim of constant white privelidge keeping him down.

I'm with you on Sandy Hook, but this isn't that by any stretch. I live here. This guy had a crazy vendetta.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Now where did I put all those 30 round magazines???????

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Smoke wut?

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm all for government conspiracies, but let's not forget that two people lost their lives. I highly doubt that those two people were government hired actors and they are now relaxing somewhere in Costa Rica, nor do I think the shooter was a government paid assassin hired to spread further gun control propaganda.

Those who think that Sandy Hook was staged or planned, that's absolutely ridiculous. I live 20 minutes away from Sandy Hook and it was very real. I knew one of the teachers who were killed, and a family member of a child that was also killed.

The EMS service that I volunteer for responded to the school on stand by, and the sheer horror that took place that day was very real and not a government planned ploy.

Having said all that, I did see both videos and it did appear "fake" or "staged" but I am no professional and I'm sure it was very real.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't understand why people believe events like that at Sandy Hook were faked. If a group wants to use a mass murder to promote an agenda, it's not like there is a shortage of them.