Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Since I did the stuff the annoys you thread, I flipped it into snails because after consuming 5lbs of fried rice then the largest sundae on earth, waking up seeing the scale go down makes you smile (yes this was my cheat meal). :)

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Things that make me smile:
1. Crazy things my 4 and 6 year olds say. Some are just unintentionally hilarious and others are deeply insightful and heartwarming without pretense and full of the optimism of youth and innocence. Brings me out of my cynicism and self-centered ness very fast and reminds me of what is truly important.:)
2. Heaping bowl of chocolate ice cream covered with fresh baked brownies(my fav cheat)
3. New gym goers that actually become regulars after the New Years rush
4. My wife checking out her non-existent pooch in the mirror then asking me if she looks fat.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
having my kids complain to me about their kids.....:147:

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Years ago I used to go mountain biking through this trail every Saturday morning at the same time with a group of friends. On the way back, every single morning, we'd always see this one dude; huge, black dude who was extremely obese just walking through the trail, sweating up a storm, but working through it nonetheless.

Fast forward to 7 or so years later, just a few months ago, and I'm biking this same trail on a Saturday morning- who did I see? The same freaking dude, probably 150 pounds lighter, looking pretty damn good RUNNING this trail with a backpack I assumed was full of weight.

That actually made me smile, the fact that someone didn't blame his obesity on something stupid, took his life into his own hands, and changed himself. Awesome.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's awesome. Like seeing hard work pay off.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I love seeing overweight people actually working hard. I have no respect or sorrow for the ones who don't do anything to better themselves.

But since this is about stuff that makes me smile, a pizza and a big bowl of ice cream.. Lol now who's the obese one!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saw an older lady running on the treadmill in her muumuu!

She's ahead of everyone else sitting on the damn couch! :)

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Things that make me smile:
Crazy things my 4 and 6 year olds say. Some are just unintentionally hilarious and others are deeply insightful and heartwarming without pretense and full of the optimism of youth and innocence. Brings me out of my cynicism and self-centered ness very fast and reminds me of what is truly important.:)
Yep, there is nothing I get more joy out of than this. I have a 4 and 7 year old little girls and their imagination and view on the world is so amazing and innocent that I have heard them observe and say things that have literally almost brought me to tears it is so cool.

Other things:
-questions and comments about "what do you do" referring to physical attributes
-jumping or dropping off of big cornices on my bike or snowboard and looking back thinking, I still kind of have it
-walking out my door and hitting a trail with my dog and just taking in how lucky I am to live where I do
-an enormous breakfast burrito on a Sunday morning after staying up way too late with friends
-respect. Both given and received

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When my little nephew wants me and nobody else!!! :D

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Watching my almost two year old learn new stuff everyday. She says some new word or phrase every day that makes me smile. And when she runs into my arms for a hug yelling "daddy!" with a big smile. Best feeling in the world

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Watching my almost two year old learn new stuff everyday. She says some new word or phrase every day that makes me smile. And when she runs into my arms for a hug yelling "daddy!" with a big smile. Best feeling in the world
Exactly this! With my son

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Watching an old couple going for a walk, holding hands, laughing it up. I think that's some of the coolest sh*t out there. Assuming they have always been together and married for ages, it always makes me smile.

What an accomplishment In this messed up world which has DEVOLVED into an "all about me" mentality; that be some bad asz stuff.

Mad props to them. Our culture and younger generation is truly a mess. Lol

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Watching an old couple going for a walk, holding hands, laughing it up. I think that's some of the coolest sh*t out there. Assuming they have always been together and married for ages, it always makes me smile.

What an accomplishment In this messed up world which has DEVOLVED into an "all about me" mentality; that be some bad asz stuff.

Mad props to them. Our culture and younger generation is truly a mess. Lol
Unless they met on Ashley Madison.

;)

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Coffee makes me smile.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Seeing my kids work hard on something and then crush it. My oldest, it would be picking a new cool song to learn on piano and then teach it to herself in a matter of a few days. Today, she picked out Bohemian Rhapsody all on her own. Can't wait!

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Seeing my kids work hard on something and then crush it. My oldest, it would be picking a new cool song to learn on piano and then teach it to herself in a matter of a few days. Today, she picked out Bohemian Rhapsody all on her own. Can't wait!
Bohemian Rhapsody. Now that is cool!

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If only she was old enough to know and appreciate the Wayne's World head banging!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We rescued a cat from a shelter. The little bugger lives now behind the fridge. Every time I open the refrigerator, he comes out and cries loudly.
It's like an alarm going off, reminding me of my diet. It makes me smile everyday.

When my wife tries to blame me for all kind of stuff, like when she is alone in the kitchen and a jar full of rice falls out of her hands, she immediately runs up to me trying to blame me for it.

When my son is doing shrugs at the gym and I ask him questions like: "Why do you have bad grades in math?" And he shrugs.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
seeing videos of my 2.5 year old grandaughter on the beach with sand going thru her toes for the 1st time-priceless!!!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
seeing videos of my 2.5 year old grandaughter on the beach with sand going thru her toes for the 1st time-priceless!!!
That's pure happiness.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
At the top of a mountain looking down to where im about to board. Pure happiness.

When I learn something new and it all clicks.

Sitting around a fire having a bbq and drinks with friends ive grown up with telling stories and talking ****

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sitting around a fire having a bbq and drinks with friends ive grown up with telling stories and talking ****
Came back from Red Rocks for a very sold out Griz show last night and stayed up until 3am this morning doing just that. After taking a Lyft up to the show with no tickets and talking our way into the show.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At the top of a mountain looking down to where im about to board. Pure happiness.
Just got our season passes and my two girls are going to be snowboarding with us this winter. I am so stoked I can hardly wait. And we secured rooms up there for 9 of the weekends, so were set. :)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Just got our season passes and my two girls are going to be snowboarding with us this winter. I am so stoked I can hardly wait. And we secured rooms up there for 9 of the weekends, so were set. :)
Where you boarding? Im going up here in NZ, coronet peak, cadrona and treble cone. Have a place in Wanaka I can stay. Beautiful place, deserves a Google ;)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i get up in the morning and have my cup of coffee and smile....today i will have one more day of sobriety!!!:fest06:

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Coming home from a long, stressful, day at work, and having my dog at the back door wagging his tail.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
i get up in the morning and have my cup of coffee and smile....today i will have one more day of sobriety!!!:fest06:
Coffee makes everything ok. :D

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where you boarding? Im going up here in NZ, coronet peak, cadrona and treble cone. Have a place in Wanaka I can stay. Beautiful place, deserves a Google ;)
I'm in Colorado, so Vail primarily, but we will jump around because our pass covers 7 mountains.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'm in Colorado, so Vail primarily, but we will jump around because our pass covers 7 mountains.
Ooh kill it up there! Enjoy the time with your fam.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
"Do you want to stay with daddy this morning or help mommy walk Michael to school?"

"I want to stay with daddy"

:D

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Getting to still spend time with my dad after a near fatal wreck last year. Just having him greet me at the door when I visit makes me smile and appreciate even the little things.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
First report card for oldest.

Straight A's!!!!!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This Saturday taking my oldest(12) to her game for Cheerleading. Then watching her sidelined with her 1st sports injury, strained trapezius out 1 week.

B

Bry17

Awards
  • Established
cold choc milk (or beer) and fresh pizza. now to find something to watch