Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No. Never noticed aging. Electric like in my 20s and 30s into my early 40s. Only at age 46.5 and that is because my good wife, who I had invested so much, turned out to be a not so good wife. Stress ages a person more than what it says on a calendar.

Life is better now.[but not the same in a good and not so good way]

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
45 here, part that sucks is my brain tells my body your good to go, my body tells my brain F-U.

Honestly I have to get into the doc and get a blood panel with thyroid and test the goal.

ral

ral

Awards
Turning 41 soon I can say that life is good so far, I no longer care what people says or think about me. In general I'm happy the one think I don't like is my job and the shift. I can actually say that my 20s and 30s sucked. 40 (the Lord willing) has been good so far.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have about 6 months before I can jump back in this thread. Seems like it's a mixed bag, but my plan is to be stronger than I was at 30.

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
I had a brainwave the other day that told me a midlife crises is just a man finally coming to he's senses.

If thats correct it can happen at any age but 30s-40s would be popular. For me I think it was late 20s.

Or maybe you're just talking about the ageing aspect of being 40?

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I still have plenty of ambition and am and will be doing things. Just some things which were important are not important and some areas I took for granted are important. We all have our own examples.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm 42. Do I have to join this thread? Lol

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had a brainwave the other day that told me a midlife crises is just a man finally coming to he's senses.

If thats correct it can happen at any age but 30s-40s would be popular. For me I think it was late 20s.

Or maybe you're just talking about the ageing aspect of being 40?
Neh. I'm talking about "LIFE" not the aging aspects although that blows too. Lol

ral

ral

Awards
I been boxing for a few years now, I see it as a blessing. It helps me to stay focus and motivated, there is nothing better that's getting in the ring and surprise the young cats, some guys even call me to spar just because I challenge them, I like that, it keeps me going and it keeps me healthy and that transfers to home life, I can keep up with the little ones. The other thing is that my kids a 3 and 2 they keep me on my toes as well. Life does not suck, people makes life suck, don't let them, If you can breathe you still got a shot, God (whether you want to believe in Him or not) did Not make us to live unhappy. I know 40 is not easy but is not impossible.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
God is very real brother. I'm a believer ;)

ral

ral

Awards
Yes He is, don't lose hope brother, He is with you

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mid Life Crisis - the "over 40" thread

Guys, I'm 55! Age is just a number in your head. Depending on what you did in your 20s and 30s to your body, bank accounts, family and friends dictates how mid life and old age goes! If you were only living in the moment and never planned for the future then you will think over 40 is terrible. It's never too late to alter course!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope, 41 here and going as hard as my 20s and 30s. I believe that as long as you never let your body stop, you won't notice things like aging. I work with and have many friends in their 30s and 40s who may as well be 70.