Alcohol

Amrein

Awards
How often do Yall have a couple of beers? How bad does it hurt your progress even when you hit your calorie goal? I've heard alcohol hurts protein synthesis and takes place 1st of every other macro when it comes to being burned off.

Would drinking a 2-3 beers every 2 weeks hurt me when cutting?

On cycle I will not be drinking at all, but just wondering for when I'm off ;)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I stopped drinking after I got alcohol poisoning. Just looking at a bottle makes me want to puke.

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
take into account the bloat and cals and no it wont hurt other than slow your progress as they are pretty much empty calories. Training will suffer a tad bit the days you do consume alcohol slightly. but at a small amount you should be fine if you are extremely concerned. Alcohol is fine in very fine moderation when you are off cycle. I wouldn't really drink if cutting is your #1 priority though.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
How often do Yall have a couple of beers? How bad does it hurt your progress even when you hit your calorie goal? I've heard alcohol hurts protein synthesis and takes place 1st of every other macro when it comes to being burned off.

When you look back on your life in 50 years time, would you like to say you had the courage to drink one beer a week and not feel guilty.

I drink a few over the weekends and I can perform better than most people at my gym. Why? The other 5 days I put the work in. You need a balance between your social life and gym life.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Having one or two beers will not hurt your exercise progress.

LuckyLuke777

Awards
The way it was explained to me was when you drink too much alcohol, the body slows or stops it's muscle building process and concentrates on breaking down and getting rid of the alcohol.
I used to get drunk every weekend and wondered why I never progressed.
Stopped drinking when my son was born and now I'm growing like weed.
Cheers

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a tequila and whiskey guy and love my drinks (only drink on rocks w/ no mix). I believe in a balance and train hard 4-5 days a week and enjoy my social life. So in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with it and is enjoyable.

Besides, 2-3 beers in a couple of weeks? I guarantee that will have zero effect on anything.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

If you're not a Pro bodybuilder, who cares. Live your life. If you enjoy beer, drink. If you don't like it, then don't.

Steve Rogers

Steve Rogers

Awards
Alcohol...

It's a solvent, used for cleaning and disinfecting ... made as a byproduct of decaying plant matter. Yum.

There really are no good reasons to drink alcohol, we've just been brainwashed and lead to believe there are benefits.

It makes me less stressed! No, it makes you not think about the things you should be taking care of.

It makes me more brave! No, it makes you forget about fear, something that is natural and healthy and positive to learn to overcome.

It tastes good! No, do you remember your first alcoholic beverage? Did you like it immediately? There is a reason alcohol tastes bad, it's a poison.

It's healthy! No, you can drink grape juice and find other sources of antioxidants. Take an aspirin if you want to thin your blood, or some white willow bark tea.

We don't live in the dark ages, our water is safe to drink. In today's world, there simply is no logical or good reason to drink alcohol. This goes doubly so for guys dedicated to building their bodies. Unless you favor the prospect of putting your liver through a cheese grater, stay away from the booze.

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
mm cheese

Amrein

Awards
I decided I'm going to drink 2-3 beers once a month making sure

-I dont work out that day
-High protein, low fat and low carb that day and the next morning
-Plenty of water and bcaas

Should be good! Got to live life. But I can't drink until I'm off Ostarine and mandro

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Buddy, that plan is not living life. You have a plan surrounding drinking a couple of beers and that is ridiculous. If you are that concerned, stop forcing it and just skip it because you will not enjoy it.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards

Should be good! Got to live life. But I can't drink until I'm off Ostarine and mandro
The compounds your taking are not metylated ... try that on dmz or a1m , your liver will get sh!t out your ass ...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Alcohol...

It's a solvent, used for cleaning and disinfecting ... made as a byproduct of decaying plant matter. Yum.

There really are no good reasons to drink alcohol, we've just been brainwashed and lead to believe there are benefits.

It makes me less stressed! No, it makes you not think about the things you should be taking care of.

It makes me more brave! No, it makes you forget about fear, something that is natural and healthy and positive to learn to overcome.

It tastes good! No, do you remember your first alcoholic beverage? Did you like it immediately? There is a reason alcohol tastes bad, it's a poison.

It's healthy! No, you can drink grape juice and find other sources of antioxidants. Take an aspirin if you want to thin your blood, or some white willow bark tea.

We don't live in the dark ages, our water is safe to drink. In today's world, there simply is no logical or good reason to drink alcohol. This goes doubly so for guys dedicated to building their bodies. Unless you favor the prospect of putting your liver through a cheese grater, stay away from the booze.
H2O is also a product in disinfectant and most household cleaners (amoung other things you shouldnt ingest). Those arguments are just plain silly.

Wine is made from grapes. It constitutes part of my 5 servings of fruit and vege per day

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

This seems like its taking away the fun of it all... lol.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think its okay for people to drink alcohol,but a person must be responsible for there drinking capacity..

AustBenny

AustBenny

Awards
If I have something to do or go to or if there is a girl involved, I drink. If I don't, I don't. When I go out, I don't count how many, I don't care what, I drink and enjoy myself. The worst that can happen is I'm too hungover to train the next day - but chances are I'm waking up next to some girl whose name I don't remember so it about balances out.

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
Alcohol...

is this real life or are you just a troll?

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
alcohol isn't all that bad, especially if you're talking just a few beers every two weeks.

man, i drink on average once every three weeks.. but i get pretty plastered. there is no counting how many drinks on those occasions. I really feel it doesn't set me back one bit. I often feel leaner and stronger coming back to the gym. I've never loss strength. You definitely just don't want to be eating when you're drinking and i usually use my drinking night on an off day where i didn't workout, next day also an off day so i make sure my body is ready for a few days off.

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2015/03/how-to-drink-without-messing-up-your-weight-loss/

Amrein

Awards
I believe people exaggerate how bad alcohol is for you, but as others have said moderation is key.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Food Babe!

Moderation is key with everything.
So much win here.

I didn't like the taste of malt vinegar when I first tried it, but that doesn't make it poison. There's a HUGE difference between getting hammered to blackout levels and having a couple of drinks. If anyone really thinks the 500 calories that are in them (and that's probably a huge overestimation unless it's a mixed drink) every now and then are going to stall progress, then I feel bad for them.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Just went sake bombing with a random tinder girl who barely spoke English. Had three bombs and was good. Learn to enjoy moderation, and just have fun