No gym for 10 days

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
Hey guys, just wanted some help figuring out what to do for the next 10 days.

I live in the USA but moved from England when I was 16..

I have to go home to visit my family for 10 days tomorrow and will have access to no gym until I am home.
I have planned on doing cardio outside and eating as healthy as possible, but am scared I will lose some progress as I usually lift 6 days a week.

If anyone has any ideas or little tricks they have used while away to keep themselves in shape it would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You'll likely loose 10-20 pounds of muscle and gain 10 pounds of fat. You'll have to start all over again. If you are lucky enough to drink a casien shake before bed you may be able to stop the rapid catabolism that occurs from not going to the gym for 10 days. I hope you at least have some deer antler spray.

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
You'll likely loose 10-20 pounds of muscle and gain 10 pounds of fat. You'll have to start all over again. If you are lucky enough to drink a casien shake before bed you may be able to stop the rapid catabolism that occurs from not going to the gym for 10 days. I hope you at least have some deer antler spray.
I'm not some stupid noob. I'm a college exercise science major. Who has gone through a long time weight loss journey. I have a very healthy diet and work out regularly ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1437518079.070217.jpg hopefully that proves I'm pretty dedicated.

I was just looking for a few hints/tips dude. It'l be the longest I've taken off. Forgot this forum wasn't to "help" people

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have an awesome time and don't worry about it. :)
Awesome job!

Cole79

Awards
Hey man, sounds like you are in a pretty similar situation as I was a few weeks ago. I'm a college guy too and went on vacay with the fam for almost two weeks. Knew I wouldn't have a gym and was freaking out about it as well. I just made sure to eat as clean and enjoyed myself. I didn't really lose anything over that time and if I did, it came back with in the first one to two weeks anyway. This is your family you are visiting so you need to learn to just go with the flow sometimes and enjoy life like these other guys have said. You won't lose your gains in that short amount of time.

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
I think t-bone was just joking around.

But geez, you was one fat fck wasn't you???

Yoy see, joking around?

Ok, look IME 10 days is about that time you have before you begin to lose "a bit" of muscle maybe but you'll be back home before any of that starts to happen so you can relax.

I would just get creative. Maybe go out in the morning for a jog then do some sprints, go part and do some dips, pull-ups etc etc. Your not really doing this to keep muscle more (if your like anything like me) you need a daily hit of training to feel great.

berazzled

berazzled

Awards
  • Established
Just enjoy.find some honey to hook up with

onder18

onder18

Awards
Pushups, pullups if you can, crunches, bodyweight sqauts, maybe some jogging. I travel a lot for my job so I go through this alot. I just follow a calisthenics program that I came up with myself. I still try to use progressive resistance, if I did 4 sets of 50 pushups week 1 then at the end of my trip I want to be at about 4 sets of 60 or 65. Just an example but you know what I mean. My situation is different than yours because my job requires me to travel so I'm out of town alot and my work is very physical but I think you can apply the same principles. I don't even bother trying to find a gym when I'm out of town working because I'm usually working 12 to 13 hours a day every day for about 1 to 3 weeks straight so I usually just stick to my calisthenics program because it doesn't take long, gives my muscles a good workout and still allows me to get enough rest. This works for and I don't lose any gains when I get home. I usally make sure that I havent worked that bodypart for atleast 3 days when I get home and get back to the gym to make sure my muscles have fully recovered. I'm hardgainer so I try to keep what little I have because I've worked hard for it. Anyways, that's what I do. Hope I've been a little helpful.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is where you're going that remote that there is no possible gym that you can get at least a week-long pass to? Otherwise, just stick to running/jogging and bodyweight exercises.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pushups, pullups, body squats....higher reps and train more often. For example Ill do chest once a week, but if Ill be stuck for 10 days I may train chest 3-4 times a week with bodyweight. Use chairs to adjust your angles.

Also, see if you can get away for 2-3 times during your trip, maybe if you can spend time to get to a gym with a one day pass do the essential heavy work you may crave.

Stick to a good diet, I would stay at maintenance if muscle preservation is your priority.

onder18

onder18

Awards
Pushups, pullups, body squats....higher reps and train more often. For example Ill do chest once a week, but if Ill be stuck for 10 days I may train chest 3-4 times a week with bodyweight. Use chairs to adjust your angles.

Also, see if you can get away for 2-3 times during your trip, maybe if you can spend time to get to a gym with a one day pass do the essential heavy work you may crave.

Stick to a good diet, I would stay at maintenance if muscle preservation is your priority.
Excellent advice.

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
I'd try to find a way to get pull ups, chin ups and dips in. You can obviously throw some pushups in there. I don't even know if personally I'm even messing with regular cardio. Maybe create a little full body circuit like body weight pull up, squat, push up, calf raise, chin up, lunge, dip, finish with a plank. Rest. Repeat

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd try to find a way to get pull ups, chin ups and dips in. You can obviously throw some pushups in there. I don't even know if personally I'm even messing with regular cardio. Maybe create a little full body circuit like body weight pull up, squat, push up, calf raise, chin up, lunge, dip, finish with a plank.
Look for a park too...find some monkey bars or something.

rmoses123

rmoses123

Awards
I think it's ok to take a break from time to time, let you joints also time to recover and you start fresh 10 days later.
it won't change the world!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're not going to waste away in 10 days. Enjoy your family and the foods.

If you're an exercise major you should know this?

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Do tabata training. Its easy and time convenient.

Get a HIIT app for you phone.

Set it for:
1 set of 20 seconds (working set)
1 set of 10 seconds (break)
Make it repeat 8 times

Then choose 4 exercises. My favourites are

Burpies
Jump Squats/jump lunges
pushups
Mountain climbers

Do exersise for 20 seconds, have a 10 second break and move to the next one (as dictated by the timer)
You will get through 8 exercises in one set. Have a minute break and do it again (as many times as you like)
4 times is usually enough for me if I am using it as my only workout.

Enjoy.