Ulnar Nerve/Elbow Problems From Lifting

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've been having elbow problems all my life and recently have developed a tingling in my fingers. I used a steroid pack and it helped some, I got an EKG done and it showed I have nerve entrapment in both of my elbows in the exact same spot..

The doctor said this is most likely due to the fact of me lifting and gaining weight.. She said the nerve runs along the fascia in between the bicep and tricep and building them up cause it to compress the fascia and causes the nerve to be pressed on and irritated. The nerve also moves around and somewhat rolls over my elbow when I bend my arms a certain way.

Right now I am just going to start physical therapy and run another course of the steroid packs and hope that helps.. If the problem starts worsening at a fast right and not getting any better, I may need surgery to fix it.

Has anyone ever had a problem similar to this? I figured more people would since it was most likely caused by lifting.. Although it is weird that it just started recently even though at my biggest 20+ pounds ago, it was not a problem. Also do the steroid packs have any affect on muscle growth or anything like that? I believe it is Methylprednisolone and it is a 5 day course of it. What about if I need to move up to steroid injections to try and reduce inflammation, how would those affect muscle growth if at all?

I clearly would like to continue to get bigger, I was actually just about to start a bulk cycle. Do you think I either have to live with being small or getting bigger and having problems and needing surgery in both of my elbows?

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Don't worry, prednisone will bulk you up. Granted it's all water, but bulk is bulk right?

As to your question, never had it myself.

gagandugan

gagandugan

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I would not call it "big", but you are certainly not a "small" guy either. It's not like you really to live with being small. 5'4", 120 lbs would be small. :) You could try to recomp at 190lbs, reduce body fat and look good... without having problems later, if that extra weight is the cause.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, I would not call it "big", but you are certainly not a "small" guy either. It's not like you really to live with being small. 5'4", 120 lbs would be small. :) You could try to recomp at 190lbs, reduce body fat and look good... without having problems later, if that extra weight is the cause.
That will probably be the case. I'll talk to the doctors about it when I can..

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't worry about the Prednisone. I was on it for months, beginning at a high dose, after my transplant. It will affect everyone differently. I did not retain any water anywhere and it only increased my appetite a little. If you have an increase in appetite are are nervous about weight gain, just make some time to do some cardio. Or drink a lot of water like I did lol

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Don't worry about the Prednisone. I was on it for months, beginning at a high dose, after my transplant. It will affect everyone differently. I did not retain any water anywhere and it only increased my appetite a little. If you have an increase in appetite are are nervous about weight gain, just make some time to do some cardio. Or drink a lot of water like I did lol
It's just a week course of the pills so I'm not too worried about it. I will request injections before I take a month or longer on the pills.

Just hoping since it is kinda anti inflammatory it won't interfere too much with muscle growth if I do have to end up getting the injections.