Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just got the nice call, in the middle of summer....you need a new AC unit. Your compressor blew and they don't make it anymore. Your entire unit is out of code. $4,000 please...

Yeah, thats really annoying.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Mines been out for almost a month. My house I'd small enough that 2 window units keep it cool enough, so I wasn't too worried. Wife said one of the window units went out yesterday, so I need to make that call.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mines been out for almost a month. My house I'd small enough that 2 window units keep it cool enough, so I wasn't too worried. Wife said one of the window units went out yesterday, so I need to make that call.
I'm in SW Florida in middle of July. I have no choice. lol

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
People that curse in public, especially when there are children around. And people that drag their feet when they walk. The sound annoys me to no end.

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
I'd be able to hook you up lol I'm a sheetmetal guy lol but I really really hate pants hanging off the a$$

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yep now is definitely not good for something last he that. Did you get a 2nd opinion on the being out of code thing.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep now is definitely not good for something last he that. Did you get a 2nd opinion on the being out of code thing.
Yeah. It's 12 yrs old and code is SEER 14 now. It's probably 12...they actually found a compressor but it's 1800...5 days to get here and 200 for temp air.

So for another 1800 I get entire unit, SEER 14 and 10 year warranty. Just hate spending money on this stuff but that's ownership.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
What really chaps my ass is when u see people in the grocery store buying crab legs and steaks then when they get to the checkout the pull an ebt card from their 500.00 purse!! Cheap bastards get a job!!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
What really chaps my ass is when u see people in the grocery store buying crab legs and steaks then when they get to the checkout the pull an ebt card from their 500.00 purse!! Cheap bastards get a job!!
Lol

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fake a** people.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Skinny people who say they eat enough to gain weight, but are not gaining weight! In turn, they are not eating enough!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
80% of life.

Lol maybe...
People slowing down causing traffic to look at an accident.

Streetlights late at night that take minutes to change with empty streets

Houses costing as much in upkeep as the mortgage does

Internet gladiators just jumping online to brawl in front of a crowd

50 shades of terrible writing

People with zero qualifications preaching something.
-"trainers"
-GNC employees

MTV

Pretenders

hangovers

Hospital wait times

Not getting a concert ticket in time when it sells out in under a minute

Missing a promotion to someone clearly less eligible than yourself

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Doucebags at the gym... :D

Not a lot gets me riled up except when people show a blantant disregard for other peoples property.

Oh and here in NZ we have a lot of wannabe "gangstas" who are more annoying than terrifying

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
80% of life.

Lol maybe...
People slowing down causing traffic to look at an accident.

Streetlights late at night that take minutes to change with empty streets

Houses costing as much in upkeep as the mortgage does

Internet gladiators just jumping online to brawl in front of a crowd

50 shades of terrible writing

People with zero qualifications preaching something.
-"trainers"
-GNC employees

MTV

Pretenders

hangovers

Hospital wait times

Not getting a concert ticket in time when it sells out in under a minute

Missing a promotion to someone clearly less eligible than yourself
Driven is officially annoyed..lol

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To add, people with no manners and people that are total oblivious to their surroundings. They usually get in the way and slow things down. I think that is a northern mentality though. I have talked with people that have moved up here from the south and they cannot believe how fast we generally move.

Imagine having to ring their groceries out like I once had to. And then when you say have a good day, they do not even say thank you. They are some of the rudest people ever. They should be saying thank you to me after I ring them out since that is come of my money feeding them.

I may have told this story here before, but I don't remember. I'll make it quick. I was ringing out a customer one day that was on his brand new iPhone. While he was on his phone, he was talking about his car. He told the other person how he just put his BMW on auto trader or some other site so he can upgrade to the newer version. Then he pulled out the EBT card.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Threads created about annoying things annoys the hell outta me. Bahahaha!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
To add, people with no manners and people that are total oblivious to their surroundings. They usually get in the way and slow things down. I think that is a northern mentality though. I have talked with people that have moved up here from the south and they cannot believe how fast we generally move.

Imagine having to ring their groceries out like I once had to. And then when you say have a good day, they do not even say thank you. They are some of the rudest people ever. They should be saying thank you to me after I ring them out since that is come of my money feeding them.

I may have told this story here before, but I don't remember. I'll make it quick. I was ringing out a customer one day that was on his brand new iPhone. While he was on his phone, he was talking about his car. He told the other person how he just put his BMW on auto trader or some other site so he can upgrade to the newer version. Then he pulled out the EBT card.
What you may not realize is that often the people that drive the cars, wear the watches or have the phone is buying that ebt card from someone else whom actually signed up for and owns the card. They call it "wellfare rent".

Lol no joke. It's when richer people give cash to the ebt owners in order to get a deal. Rich person gives the ebt owner, say 375.00 cash for 500.00 worth of ebt.

Ive often seen rich people buy 700.00 worth of ebt for like 500.00 or 425.00, etc. I found this out when I was a front line manager and we had to check ebt cards with ID. 60% of the time it wasnt even their card. Some rich people love people on wellfare...they are easy targets.

Oh and the only thing that annoys me is people that claim they cannot achieve something yet they have never put up a real effort to achieve said goal.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
People that curse in public, especially when there are children around. And people that drag their feet when they walk. The sound annoys me to no end.
Both pet peeves of mine. Cursing in public just makes you sound bad to begin with, but at least have awareness of the people around listening. Oh, and the dragging feet. Grrrr. I was the grumpy old man yelling at clouds the other day when I told this teenager the other day that he should buy lighter shoes if they are that hard to walk in.

Another one from me is common courtesy walking down sidewalks or tight areas where you need to adjust your walk to allow the other person to pass and they just keep coming with no regard. Could I easily drop you to the ground if I did the same and actually ran into you, of course. So have some respect and let us both get by since I'm a nice guy.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Being so drunk I can't get off during sex :D

The AC thing is even worse when it happens on a Friday evening when you have a kids birthday party on Saturday and don't realize it till Saturday morning, and can't get someone to show up till Monday to look at it

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Being so drunk I can't get off during sex :D

The AC thing is even worse when it happens on a Friday evening when you have a kids birthday party on Saturday and don't realize it till Saturday morning, and can't get someone to show up till Monday to look at it
I had them out 2 times within the last month...one to replace a capacitor for $300 and another to clear the condensation line...then 3rd times a charm to replace the unit. So friggin annoying

First time was on a Sunday night. $50 extra because it's after hours...

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, I will vent....

My mother...and before anyone says anything, there is an enormously long history that I wont delve into. However, she lives 2 states away (LI,NY) never makes herself available for my daughter at all. She is the only living grandparent left. We don't like each other which is fine, but she uses it against my daughter.

Historically, we visit NY once a summer so my daughter can use the pool and hang out. However, as of this am, can't, she's too busy with her live in boyfriends family.

Ironically, my 12 year old is smart enough to see the situation as it is and no longer is interested in visiting at all.

I do wonder at times how her behavior would be different if my father hadn't died 20 years ago.

Rant over :)

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Just got the nice call, in the middle of summer....you need a new AC unit. Your compressor blew and they don't make it anymore. Your entire unit is out of code. $4,000 please...

Yeah, thats really annoying.
This same thing happened to my parents last week, it turns out the A.C guy was just really lazy. My dad has all of the parts needed to find what's wrong with it(he's a vibration analyst) and he told me that he spen 150$ on single parts and it's working now, compared to having to spend the 3500 dollars on a whole new unit.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Just saw this...people who park in handicap spots that are clearly not handicap, nor do they have a handicap tag!!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Just saw this...people who park in handicap spots that are clearly not handicap, nor do they have a handicap tag!!
Or the spouse of a handicapped person abusing the tag in the vehicle

Just 2 weeks ago, Jaguar speeds into a handicapped spot and the dude half jogs into a Best Buy

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
This same thing happened to my parents last week, it turns out the A.C guy was just really lazy. My dad has all of the parts needed to find what's wrong with it(he's a vibration analyst) and he told me that he spen 150$ on single parts and it's working now, compared to having to spend the 3500 dollars on a whole new unit.
Oh I know they can F you but the compressor was basically smoking and burned out. Lol

Tough to hide that.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mine went out last week, 6K...

This week my well went out, so, tap on another 3600-4400 depending on what I drill for.

NE Florida here.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Or the spouse of a handicapped person abusing the tag in the vehicle

Just 2 weeks ago, Jaguar speeds into a handicapped spot and the dude half jogs into a Best Buy
The best thing anyone can do is actually call people out on it. I was driving my grandma who holds a mobility tag to the bookstore and I watched a young women park in a mobility spot closet to the store and go inside the supermarket next door. The carpark was really busy but thays no excuse. My grandma could barely walk at all (often shuffled very slowly) and that spot would have saved her a lot of time and effort. So I parked behind the car with my hazards on and went inside the bookstore.

After half an hour or less I came out and the lady was fuming that I had blocked her exit. I just calmy said that by taking the one mobility spot closest to the store, you had intentionally set out to make life harder for someone who really needs that spot. So I thought id reciprocate and make life more difficult for you.

Its kinda like when people run red lights or cut you off, in that one moment they rate their life and time higher than they rate yours. I dont stand for that lol

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its kinda like when people run red lights or cut you off, in that one moment they rate their life and time higher than they rate yours. I dont stand for that lol
Nor I, and it's an example of the lack of politeness, civility, and general disregard for those around them that so many people engage in now. Kind of ties into my sidewalk example. Why is your time, space, opinion, etc worth more than mine or those you encounter daily.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh I know they can F you but the compressor was basically smoking and burned out. Lol

Tough to hide that.
the one time in my prior house, all of a sudden boom AC goes out. Call them up and you know what went wrong? Lizard. one of the yard lizards had apparently been inside the housing and resting sitting across the 2 compressor contacts, while it was off, when the surge came to turn it on, he shorted it, burned himself literally into a black crisp while in the process melting the wire connectors off the side of the compressor :p no way to fix them safely/reasonably, so even though the compressor itself should have been good had to replace it

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
This one might not be common to you guys buy here goes....

*People that say you need to eat meat to live, be healthy or to gain muscle.... *
^im at 10yrs withut that or fish (to me is meat) and al them mofos can %*(# on it : P

*people that mistreat their pets

*people that disrespect women

*taxi's

*when your at grocer and person infront of you pulls out a box of coupons and slowly look through them to pay for most of there stuff! (check it out before you %*##ing line up!!)

* narrow minded bible thumpers

*getting a chicken pad thai when i clearly ordered a veggie pad thai!!! : /

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This one might not be common to you guys buy here goes....

*People that say you need to eat meat to live, be healthy or to gain muscle.... *
^im at 10yrs withut that or fish (to me is meat) and al them mofos can %*(# on it : P

*people that mistreat their pets

*people that disrespect women

*taxi's

*when your at grocer and person infront of you pulls out a box of coupons and slowly look through them to pay for most of there stuff! (check it out before you %*##ing line up!!)

* narrow minded bible thumpers

*getting a chicken pad thai when i clearly ordered a veggie pad thai!!! : /
Disrespecting pets or wildlife is a huge one to me. Didnt think of that

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It's a turn signal, not speed up block me from changing lanes signal.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Im not sure if this is an issue outside of Melbourne. however what really grinds my gears is tourists (mostly asian) taking the most ridiculous useless pictures of things. I shi+ you not, today there was a bunch posing next to a blank wall with bird poop on it.

Boy that feels like a massive weight off my shoulders

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ahh, another one that is so ingrained in me that I almost didn't see it as an annoyance...

Weak ass parents. Parents that don't teach their kids about consequences for actions and continually warn, warn, and warn. Too many parents being friends with their kids and not realizing that they are setting them up for failure in the future because they didn't learn to make mistakes and learn from them because they always shelter them and think for them. "johnny, watch out for this, watch out for that, don't do this, don't do that..."

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
Oh this ones easy. Ignorance and people who simply can't accept the truth for what it is so they resort to name calling, insults, etc. so basically 90 percent of the population lol

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
Ahh, another one that is so ingrained in me that I almost didn't see it as an annoyance...

Weak ass parents. Parents that don't teach their kids about consequences for actions and continually warn, warn, and warn. Too many parents being friends with their kids and not realizing that they are setting them up for failure in the future because they didn't learn to make mistakes and learn from them because they always shelter them and think for them. "johnny, watch out for this, watch out for that, don't do this, don't do that..."
Whoa this is a serious one and I can't agree with you enough

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My police sergeant told me that it's only illegal to park in a handicap spot if there's a pole with the handicap sign. If it's only painted on the ground, anyone can park there.

SkylineLvr

SkylineLvr

Awards
I can't stand seeing guys at the gym doing the same damn routine week in and week out and not making any progress, yet sit there staring at the mirror or BSing with their boys about lifting. I classify those "bros" as part of the "No Gains Crew".

I appreciate that they're actually in the gym, but if you're not progressing, then get the f**k off the machine I've been patiently waiting for so I can push myself and hit my gains.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established

I was behind a younger girl at the checkout, she only had a few items, nothing that threw up a red flag if buying with EBT. She didn't have enough money on her card, so she had to leave behind a couple items to get to her $12 balance on the card. She had a smart phone to her ear the whole time. She told the clerk she would be back, to which the clerk responded about seeing her in there earlier that day. She took her $11 worth of welfare groceries in one hand, smart phone in the other, and got into her late model Lexus IS with 20" chrome rims. I almost stopped her so I could look at the car I am most likely helping pay for.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I had them out 2 times within the last month...one to replace a capacitor for $300 and another to clear the condensation line...then 3rd times a charm to replace the unit. So friggin annoying

First time was on a Sunday night. $50 extra because it's after hours...
You know that capacitor costs $5. That was the first thing I did for mine, with no result. My buddy had me "pick it up for him" at the contractor supply house, and it cost me $5. I called another location for same supplier earlier in the day, and he said it's a contractor part and shouldn't sell it to me. I said shouldn't and couldn't aren't the same, how much is the cash price. He told me $40. the bad part is I had a line on one for $25, that I almost got. Glad I asked 1 more guy.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

This is one reason why I quit the grocery business.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
You know that capacitor costs $5. That was the first thing I did for mine, with no result. My buddy had me "pick it up for him" at the contractor supply house, and it cost me $5. I called another location for same supplier earlier in the day, and he said it's a contractor part and shouldn't sell it to me. I said shouldn't and couldn't aren't the same, how much is the cash price. He told me $40. the bad part is I had a line on one for $25, that I almost got. Glad I asked 1 more guy.
I know they mark it up. But the call itself cost extra because it was after hours.

The price on their new unit is good. It is what it is...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
anyone under 50!!!

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
People that smoke cigarettes around people that don't and they don't give a **** where the smoke is going I.e my lungs

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
People that smoke cigarettes around people that don't and they don't give a **** where the smoke is going I.e my lungs
i would be more concerned with people that drink and drive, my biggest annoyance is the petty penalty given to repeat drunk drivers-even when they kill!!!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i would be more concerned with people that drink and drive, my biggest annoyance is the petty penalty given to repeat drunk drivers-even when they kill!!!
And the system that keeps giving them their licenses back!