earbuds for the gym - Westone W10's?

jgvg

Awards
I'm tryin to get some decent sounding earbuds.. up until now I've been using the regular white ones that came with my iPhone but I figure I'm in the gym enough I may as well invest in some good stuff. Someone recommended me the JayBird BlueBuds X's - but I've been reading mixed reviews, anyone have any personal experience?

Im now leaning more towards the Westone W10's which I found here in this guide. They are a little bit more expensive and are not bluetooth like the other ones. This isn't really much of a problem for me cuz I usually just tuck the wire into my shirt anyways and forget about it. From what I see.. the W10's get an overall better rating across the internet, even though that site ranks the bluebuds ahead of the W10's.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these products? Or is there something better out there? I'm going to make a decision within the next few days - ive been spending way too much time researching this crap lol.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hate to say it, but the BEATS earplugs are the best I've used. I had the jaybirds, and they fell out all the time. The BEATS are the best sounding and with the ear clip, do not fall out at all. they are pricey though since you are paying for Dre's name. I didn't want to give him my money, but they are best I've used.

clown007

clown007

Awards
I love my Bose earbuds. I find they are super comfortable. I almost forget they are there.

jgvg

Awards
I hate to say it, but the BEATS earplugs are the best I've used. I had the jaybirds, and they fell out all the time. The BEATS are the best sounding and with the ear clip, do not fall out at all. they are pricey though since you are paying for Dre's name. I didn't want to give him my money, but they are best I've used.
Yeah so it looks like the jaybirds are definitely a no go then for me. I have a bit of extra cashin lyin around to spend on these so the price shouldn't be an issue. Do you know the model of the BEATS? I know theres a few different ones out there..

Also clown007, which model Bose? Truesports or somethin like that?

I'm a bit of a bass-head as well, I know BEATS are known for their bass, but how is it on the Bose?

clown007

clown007

Awards
My Bose are green and grey. I think they are the sport model. I think the sound is great. Don't do a ton of base so don't know if they would hold up to your expectations. The Bose store (if there is one near you) will let you try them.

jgvg

Awards
haha.. I should probably stick with the beats then it seems. I've read nothing but good things about Bose, but thats also not the first time I've heard them to be just average when it comes to bass. $150 aint too bad either, I was expecting it to be more tbh.