Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Bodybuilders Punished Daughter for Eating a Pop-Tart

Police: Bodybuilders Punished Daughter for Eating a Pop-Tart - The Daily Beast

A South Carolina couple allegedly forced their 14-year-old daughter to live in the woods for a week after they caught her sneaking a sugary snack.
A couple of wannabe bodybuilders in South Carolina forced their teen daughter to live in the woods as punishment for eating a Pop-Tart, authorities say.

Crystal and James Driggers were arrested Friday and charged with neglect after police say they found the couple’s 14-year-old in a tent about a quarter-mile from their rural Dalzell home. The girl’s grandmother had called police, according to the arrest report.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bodybuilders Punished Daughter for Eating a Pop-Tart

Police: Bodybuilders Punished Daughter for Eating a Pop-Tart - The Daily Beast

A South Carolina couple allegedly forced their 14-year-old daughter to live in the woods for a week after they caught her sneaking a sugary snack.
A couple of wannabe bodybuilders in South Carolina forced their teen daughter to live in the woods as punishment for eating a Pop-Tart, authorities say.

Crystal and James Driggers were arrested Friday and charged with neglect after police say they found the couple’s 14-year-old in a tent about a quarter-mile from their rural Dalzell home. The girl’s grandmother had called police, according to the arrest report.
I just googled them. Lol. Obviously they don't get their bodybuilding info from this forum. Lol

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Incredible. How people like that have children is beyond me.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I just googled them. Lol. Obviously they don't get their bodybuilding info from this forum. Lol
To call them bodybuilders is a stretch...

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Even the article described them as wannabe bodybuilders. Lol.
LOL I read that you know you are failing when the daily beast calls you a wanna be
Edit: Oh damn this was my eighth thousandth post!!!!! It did not disappoint.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
But how is pop tart much different than sweet potato? Potato just turns to sugar, so as long as you eat the pop tart slower than potato it doesn't matter if you ingest it.

mrsims

mrsims

Awards
Thats just messed up in so many ways.I would never push my lifestyle or choices on someone else, but this goes way beyond that... Child abuse and neglect. They arent wannabe bodybuilders because the real bodybuilders don't live like this plain and simple. If they wanted to be bodybuilders they would get the lifestyle component right. Kinda bothers me they even associate bodybuilders to these peices of scum. Here again goes people giving the game a ****ty image.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Thats just messed up in so many ways.I would never push my lifestyle or choices on someone else, but this goes way beyond that... Child abuse and neglect. They arent wannabe bodybuilders because the real bodybuilders don't live like this plain and simple. If they wanted to be bodybuilders they would get the lifestyle component right. Kinda bothers me they even associate bodybuilders to these peices of scum. Here again goes people giving the game a ****ty image.
I wouldn't allow yourself to get so emotional, or worry about it that much. I seriously doubt this has much impact on the way people view 'bodybuilders', with all the other negative stories constantly in the news regarding bodybuilding.

I tell you what tho, this reportedly happened in South Carolina, but in North Carolina it might have turned out a whole lot different! Check it out...

Latasha Renee Has Cops Arrest 13yo Son For Stealing Her Pop Tarts

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/23/pop-tart-theft-inspires-n_n_3328113.html

I guess momma don't play that camp out crap for pop-tart thievin' in NC, she have yo azz incarcerated! Now that's the appropriate procedure for handling this type of thang, right? Follow the proper chain of command and let the authorities manage this mess. But still, i'm starting to wonder man, what they puttin' in them pop-tarts these days anyway? :blink:

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They cut her hair off for eating a protein bar before this incident and made her sleep out in the woods so she could see what it is like to be "homeless". They are a couple of crazies that are simply abusive and the "wannabe body builder" angle really has nothing to do with the story other than they make home DVDs. The story should just be: Couple arrested on charges of child abuse.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
They cut her hair off for eating a protein bar before this incident and made her sleep out in the woods so she could see what it is like to be "homeless". They are a couple of crazies that are simply abusive and the "wannabe body builder" angle really has nothing to do with the story other than they make home DVDs. The story should just be: Couple arrested on charges of child abuse.
While there do appear to be some bizarre situations involving pop-tarts recently, doesn't this whole story sound just a bit absurd somehow? Even some of the blogs and news reports I've read, which have unanimously condemned these characters, still mentioned how 'unbelievable' it all sounds. I mean, the whole contextual premise asserts a cause association between bodybuilders and pop-tarts... really?? The whole thing sounds unbelievably schizophrenic actually, with a statistical probability about equal to 'the dog ate my homework' or something. It sounds more like something i'd read on a tabloid cover, or other sensationalist publication.

You are an intelligent and reasonable member here, kisaj, whom I truly respect, and it seems strange to see you presume guilt so quickly, considering the questionable face value of this strange tale of punishment, pop-tarts, bodybuilding and intrigue (lol)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly, I was going to come back to this and change my stance from "abusive" to endangering and never did. You are right that it is too early to say if they truly are being abusive based on these little tidbits of info, but I do feel based on the teenagers, grandmothers, and (step?)mothers commentary, that they are not acting and disciplining appropriately to the point of possibly endangering and humiliating her. As we know by now, if these things are reported, they are taken seriously and are investigated with the parents generally in a position of guilty before proven innocent. Not saying that is right at all, just saying.

As far as the story itself, it only reads as unbelievable because of how bizarre it is, but would I ever put it past someone- hell no.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
They sure are "Crazy good"!
No more poptarts for you t-bone! Sorry my man, they just make you TOO crazy and stuff :p

[video=youtube;Nf521w1VoGU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf521w1VoGU[/video]