Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Giants Defensive End Contract Pulled After Firework Incident:

New York Giants pull $60M offer to Jason Pierre-Paul - NFL.com

The New York Giants are withdrawing their $60 million long-term contract offer to Jason Pierre-Paul following the star pass rusher's fireworks incident over the weekend, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday, per three sources informed of the situation.

JPP suffered a hand injury Saturday night while attempting to light fireworks. He required hospitalization, and will remain in a Miami-area hospital for the next few days. Rapoport reported JPP's hand will be intact, and as of Sunday night, doctors were still examining for nerve damage and other issues related to the incident.

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
man I just read that talk about bad freaking luck man I don't think they should've pulled there contract so quick not like the guy planned on blowing a m-80 up in his hand lol plus a couple seasons ago he played with a cast on his hand and still played just my two cents lol

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Jason Pierre-Paul has finger amputated,

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13223902/new-york-giants-jason-pierre-paul-right-index-finger-amputated

New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul had his right index finger amputated Wednesday, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Medical records show the procedure took place Wednesday afternoon.

Pierre-Paul's amputated finger one of many issues for him, Giants

One important thing to note here is that this incident did not affect Jason Pierre-Paul's chances to get a long-term contract done this offseason. That chance never really existed, Dan Graziano writes.

One source characterized the timeline for Pierre-Paul's return as being "sooner than people think" and said he still is expected to play this season.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
TheSolution did you see what James Harrison tweeted schefter? You're a steelers fan iirc lol.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Isn't the risk of holding out that you risk losing the deal? Same situation for Dez and Demarius isnt it?

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
Isn't the risk of holding out that you risk losing the deal? Same situation for Dez and Demarius isnt it?
yea but they both hold leverage with the fact that there beasts lol

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Agreed. And I'm not sure JPP is to their level of beastness, even at his own position. I was just trying to think of other players in contract limbo over the franchise tag.

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
Agreed. And I'm not sure JPP is to their level of beastness, even at his own position. I was just trying to think of other players in contract limbo over the franchise tag.
that's why we need more players like Russell Wilson so humble and classy doesn't have a care in the world about a contract lol

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great point. And they really don't need to use him as much as he's capable of. Imagine when more of that def leaves via FA and he starts throwing 35, 40 times per game. He'll be in that category with Luck, Rogers, Brady, etc

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
Great point. And they really don't need to use him as much as he's capable of. Imagine when more of that def leaves via FA and he starts throwing 35, 40 times per game. He'll be in that category with Luck, Rogers, Brady, etc
he's a pure playmaker man and could care less about Seattle not giving him a new contract