Energy Drinks?

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just curious who drinks them, and which ones are your favorite? I'm a fan of monster energy drinks.

I'm off and on with drinking them. I'll go months without having one, and then a week straight of drinking them everyday.

I find them to be expensive and heavy on the sugar (I know there are sugar free ones, I just hate the taste of them.

I would rather drink something like Focus-XT everyday, or take a stimulant.

Let's hear your opinions.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I gave up Red Bull years ago. Whenever I need a pick me up lately, my go to is Alphamine.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I used too... now i rather add 1-3g taurine and creatine to my coffee or shake or have a green tea... nvm this energy drink crap with soo much bs in it. ill add a caff pill if anything.

YouBet33

YouBet33

Awards
If I'm gonna pick one of before a workout it's gonna be Spike or Xyience energy, number one is def Spike

jjagg0125

Awards
If I have one it's usually a bang! Energy drink by vpx I think it is. Tons of energy and doesn't have a lot of the crap most energy drinks have

Tufts604

Tufts604

Awards
I had too stop drinking them. anything high in refined sugar is like a drug to me. I only crave it if i have it. same with artificial sweeteners. when i was drinkingthem id have one and want nothing but candy all day

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They're garbage marketed to 20 somethings. Pretty pictures on the cans. I'd rather just have a cup of of coffee if I'm feeling tired. It costs a whole lot less, you'll get more caffeine for your money too. Well unless you waste your time with Starbucks....

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I gave up Red Bull years ago. Whenever I need a pick me up lately, my go to is Alphamine.
When I was younger and drank a lot, I was big into jäger bombs. I drank so many that after a while the thought of them nauseated me. To this day, I can't drink a Red Bull without feeling nauseous.

I used too... now i rather add 1-3g taurine and creatine to my coffee or shake or have a green tea... nvm this energy drink crap with soo much bs in it. ill add a caff pill if anything.
That's a smart idea adding the taurine, I'll have to try that.

If I'm gonna pick one of before a workout it's gonna be Spike or Xyience energy, number one is def Spike
If I have one it's usually a bang! Energy drink by vpx I think it is. Tons of energy and doesn't have a lot of the crap most energy drinks have
I'll have to check those out.

I had too stop drinking them. anything high in refined sugar is like a drug to me. I only crave it if i have it. same with artificial sweeteners. when i was drinkingthem id have one and want nothing but candy all day
I think I may be the same way.

They're garbage marketed to 20 somethings. Pretty pictures on the cans. I'd rather just have a cup of of coffee if I'm feeling tired. It costs a whole lot less, you'll get more caffeine for your money too. Well unless you waste your time with Starbucks....
Unfortunately I can not have coffee, otherwise I would be more than happy just having a cup of that. I usually use SNS caffeine tabs, Focus-XT, or whatever fat burner I currently have to stay energized.

Every so often when I'm dragging ass at work, I'll buy an energy drink.

I wish UNCUT was still around. That was my favorite go to product for energy/good mood, outside of the gym.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I was younger and drank a lot, I was big into jäger bombs. I drank so many that after a while the thought of them nauseated me. To this day, I can't drink a Red Bull without feeling nauseous.

That's a smart idea adding the taurine, I'll have to try that.

I'll have to check those out.

I think I may be the same way.

Unfortunately I can not have coffee, otherwise I would be more than happy just having a cup of that. I usually use SNS caffeine tabs, Focus-XT, or whatever fat burner I currently have to stay energized.

Every so often when I'm dragging ass at work, I'll buy an energy drink.

I wish UNCUT was still around. That was my favorite go to product for energy/good mood, outside of the gym.
I'm glad you enjoy Focus-XT. It can be used daily and actually gets better the more you use it. How come you can't have coffee though?

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm glad you Focus-XT. It can be used daily and actually gets better the more you use it. How come you can't have coffee though?
Thanks T, yeah I can not speak highly enough about Focus-XT. I have been using it for years and as you said it gets better with every use. If God forbid it ever was discontinued, I would take out a mortgage to stockpile Focus-XT lol.

I have ulcers and coffee absolutely destroys my stomach. It actually puts me in crippling pain when I drink it. Even with my medicine, I still can not tolerate having it. It's a shame because I use to love it.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I am/was a huge energy drink fan. Though I can no longer drink redbull as it gives me an instant headache. A very sickly feeling instant headache.

Favorite being Uber Monster(Especially before they switched it to the Import cans and it was in a glass bottle). But currently I spent the holiday weekend detoxing if you will, water only. Going for a no-sugary drink lifestyle for awhile with the exception of my morning Tim Hortons coffee.

I realize that energy drinks are going to be a huge cause of diseases for the current generation as it ages. There is no way around that fact. I just plant to make sure I am not a statistic.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am/was a huge energy drink fan. Though I can no longer drink redbull as it gives me an instant headache. A very sickly feeling instant headache.

Favorite being Uber Monster(Especially before they switched it to the Import cans and it was in a glass bottle). But currently I spent the holiday weekend detoxing if you will, water only. Going for a no-sugary drink lifestyle for awhile with the exception of my morning Tim Hortons coffee.

I realize that energy drinks are going to be a huge cause of diseases for the current generation as it ages. There is no way around that fact. I just plant to make sure I am not a statistic.
I agree with you 100%, the amount of diabetes and other heart/health related issues that will be caused by drinking energy drinks and sugary drinks in general, will be tremendous.

How was your weekend of drinking water only?

I would say 90% of my liquid intake is water and the times I slack on drinking water, I can definitely notice a huge difference. I all around feel better when my water intake is high.

cubs1987

cubs1987

Awards
  • Established
I'd be all over those if the caffeine content was lower... as it is I'm a big fan of Kill Cliff drinks (but those are more recovery).

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I've been hearing about those Bangs.

Anyhow I'm a red bull fan and the little monster that comes in the glass bottle, although haven't seen it in a while. I've been slowing down on them though. Sometimes they give me a headache. I want to ween off caffeine all together... Just rely on that natural energy.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been hearing about those Bangs.

Anyhow I'm a red bull fan and the little monster that comes in the glass bottle, although haven't seen it in a while. I've been slowing down on them though. Sometimes they give me a headache. I want to ween off caffeine all together... Just rely on that natural energy.
I've weened off (more like cold turkey) and didn't really notice a huge difference. I Just came off of a 10 week no caffeine stint. I cut all pre, coffee, energy drinks, even tea and soda... And I still don't really notice a difference

I've never been overly sensitive to caffeine. I'm pretty weird I guess haha

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I've weened off (more like cold turkey) and didn't really notice a huge difference. I Just came off of a 10 week no caffeine stint. I cut all pre, coffee, energy drinks, even tea and soda... And I still don't really notice a difference

I've never been overly sensitive to caffeine. I'm pretty weird I guess haha
I usually feel caffeine and most pres.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A quad espresso will definitely wake you up in the morning

D3platinum

D3platinum

Awards
For taste monster is better, for a business we run we have these on hand, fam members and other close acquaintences also agree it's better tasting. red bull seems to catch the most flack, overall. We dont drink these all the time but they are decent pick me ups . Rockstar is my fave but flavor is not as good as monster's.

5-Hour energy, ive only had this one time on low sleep and effects are much better as its highly concentrated, flavor sucked back then (this was about 4 yrs ago). havent had one since, but their advertising claims they taste much better.

jgvg

Awards
I like red bull - but gotta be careful of the sugar.

Lately thought i've cut out the caffeine entirely and just been stickin to my dex.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to love monster & redbull .. but focusXT have been a daily staple .. tastes better way cheaper and actually helps :)

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to love monster & redbull .. but focusXT have been a daily staple .. tastes better way cheaper and actually helps :)
I've heard of it but never tried it. What's in it?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Love red bull. Drink 3 per week usually. Mostly because im huge on adventure sports and they sponsor most of them

Mixed with focus xt and noopept, ifs like wow

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I'm a Full Throttle fan

But all the diet Monsters as well

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did anybody else see the VPX "sour heads" bangs at the Olympia?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Is it per serving or per can?. How many servings per can?
Yup, 1 serving is 1 can and it has 357mg of caffeine in it.ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1443381625.113714.jpg

MBZ

Awards
It used to be monster for me. Loved the flavor but these days I just stick to black coffee. Easier on the wallet to make a pot of coffee at home.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It used to be monster for me. Loved the flavor but these days I just stick to black coffee. Easier on the wallet to make a pot of coffee at home.
Same here

SaluteTheSig

SaluteTheSig

Awards
Would the sugar content really even matter if you're going into a training session--particularly a heavy weight lifting session?

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I stock to the sugar free Monster or Rockstar. Red Bull is beyond nasty. My new favorite is the Amp sugar free blueberry grapE.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established

MBZ

Awards
Yeah same here I'm sensitive to caffeine. Is have to cut it back to half a can most likely haha