How long to wait after getting a tattoo?

clown007

clown007

Awards
Just wondering how long people waited to workout again after getting a tattoo?
The idea of waiting a week or longer doesn't sound appealing - but if that is necessary to the integrity of the tattoo then that's what has to be done.
What are people's thoughts?

clown007

clown007

Awards
Nice! that's what I like to hear lol

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol, my old boss got a tattoo off groupon. He swore up and down that going to the gym the next day was the reason why the ink bled. Poor guy, now his biceps look like they're permanently bruised.

FYI: You get what you pay for.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Yeah I would never think of doing that from Groupon!
I have only ever had one artist do my tattoos. Once you find someone you trust, I think you stick with it.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I would never think of doing that from Groupon!
I have only ever had one artist do my tattoos. Once you find someone you trust, I think you stick with it.
Yup, I've had my artist for 15 years. Sheeeeese, I'm old, haha.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Ya right!
You have a lot of ink- looks great! Full sleeve?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ya right!
You have a lot of ink- looks great! Full sleeve?
Thank you! Haha, yes, a full sleeve. I may get another one in a few weeks.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Another sleeve or tattoo?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another sleeve or tattoo?
I don't know yet, probably a back piece. I'm random as heck and 99% of the time, I just let my artist pick whatever he wants to do. :D

clown007

clown007

Awards
Wow, I couldn't do that!
There are too many things that I wouldn't want :D
I do want to get a half sleeve to tie my shoulder tattoo into a more complete piece.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, I couldn't do that!
There are too many things that I wouldn't want :D
I do want to get a half sleeve to tie my shoulder tattoo into a more complete piece.
Can I see what you have?!?

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just wondering how long people waited to workout again after getting a tattoo?
The idea of waiting a week or longer doesn't sound appealing - but if that is necessary to the integrity of the tattoo then that's what has to be done.
What are people's thoughts?
I've gone to the gym straight from the chair once. Doesn't affect anything unless in a certain spot. The inside and outside of the elbows sucks when it starts drying and healing. In the case of something like that I'd skip arm day. Or skip bench till a back tattoo heals. Lol.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Yeah I'll show you my tattoos, just got to find pics of them on my computer.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've gone to the gym straight from the chair once. Doesn't affect anything unless in a certain spot. The inside and outside of the elbows sucks when it starts drying and healing. In the case of something like that I'd skip arm day. Or skip bench till a back tattoo heals. Lol.
^^ this.

Depending on where I get it, I'll train other body parts to avoid irritating it. I suck at taking care of my tattoos.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just got a new piece yesterday on my upper back. It actually went a little high than I thought. :)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just got a new piece yesterday on my upper back. It actually went a little high than I thought. :)
Show me!!!!!! :D

clown007

clown007

Awards
I have a tiger inside an enso on my back. When she did it I thought she was drilling into my spine! None of the others hurt like going over the spine did.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a tiger inside an enso on my back. When she did it I thought she was drilling into my spine! None of the others hurt like going over the spine did.
Ummm.... For as many as I have, I still hate getting tattooed. They effn hurt like a b*tch. For those who say it's like therapy, F you!

clown007

clown007

Awards
I don't mind it. I found that when she put the white ink into the tiger that really hurt. But the skin was so beat up at that point that I could feel everything. My shoulder was seven hours and wasn't too bad - not therapy but not death either.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you :)

I will say...when he went over the spine...holy hell! I actually started to sweat
Yes, that sh*t is painful!!!! Spine, ribs, chest, and feet are killer spots.

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1435463011.334345.jpg I got this and still went the next day, also hit chest, it only hurt when I touched it with weight. Not moving my pecs

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
View attachment 120895 I got this and still went the next day, also hit chest, it only hurt when I touched it with weight. Not moving my pecs
Nice. I like that. I got Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man on my left pec. I've found the only places that hurt are back on a flat bench if tat is fresh or the creases and joints after they dry a little and start scabbing. Had to get the inside (I call it the ditch) of both elbows fixed due to the skin splitting. Mainly from normal movent. Those are tough spots to heal:). The things we do to express ourselves...

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice. I like that. I got Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man on my left pec. I've found the only places that hurt are back on a flat bench if tat is fresh or the creases and joints after they dry a little and start scabbing. Had to get the inside (I call it the ditch) of both elbows fixed due to the skin splitting. Mainly from normal movent. Those are tough spots to heal:). The things we do to express ourselves...
Can I see your sleeve?! :D

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got my wrist done and did tire flips later that day. It faded and I went back in and got it redone a few weeks later. But the guy doesn't seem to be in business any longer, so I don't know what to make of that.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
As soon as I came back from Viet (like 3 days?), I played volley so I could show it off to the girls :D
Then I went to the gym the next day.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Phoenix looks cool Puccah!

I want to get a half sleeve of maple leafs- proud Canadian here :)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A customer came in and drooled over my chest piece. He wanted to take a picture so bad then he asked if I was married. Haha

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
Ummm.... For as many as I have, I still hate getting tattooed. They effn hurt like a b*tch. For those who say it's like therapy, F you!
I actually nodded off a few times getting my back piece done, trying to read or just listening to music. I have quite a high tolerance for pain & have had ribs, foot, collar bones & inside groin/hip done...so no stranger to tender spots. Inside upper leg - get that stretched nice & tight then powerline & shade in there. Oooooohhh yeeeeah, feel the burn!! :cussing:

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
I got my wrist done and did tire flips later that day. It faded and I went back in and got it redone a few weeks later. But the guy doesn't seem to be in business any longer, so I don't know what to make of that.
Sounds like he went in a bit shallow.

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
Oh & the concern for me isn't that it's fresh ink - the concern for me is that it's an open wound that may potentially be exposed to all manner of nasty bacteria in the gym.

Cover up, lest you want an infection!!