Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Supreme Court rules states must allow same-sex marriage

Supreme Court rules states must allow same-sex marriage - CNNPolitics.com

Washington (CNN)In a landmark opinion, the Supreme Court ruled Friday that states cannot ban same-sex marriage, establishing a new civil right and handing gay rights advocates a victory that until very recently would have seemed unthinkable.

The 5-4 ruling had Justice Anthony Kennedy writing for the majority with the four liberal justices. Each of the four conservative justices wrote their own dissent.

The far-reaching decision settles one of the major civil rights fights of this era -- one that has rapidly evolved in the minds of the American pubic and its leaders, including President Barack Obama. He struggled publicly with the issue and ultimately embraced same-sex marriage in the months before his 2012 re-election.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"The time will come when people will not listen to sound doctrine, but will follow their own desires and will collect for themselves more and more teachers who will tell them what they are itching to hear."

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Should have happened years ago

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We should have illuminated the White House in RED in celebration of legalized abortions.

Pitiful liberal hipsters.

You fools will have us living in a country under a rainbow flag with a big red dot in the middle (don't forget China owns us). Embarrassing society we live in.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In all honesty..I couldn't care less about the issue. If people want to get married, I for one should not be able to tell them they cannot.

With that said, it is not within the power of the U.S. SC to make "law". That is why there is a legislative branch. My issue is that we are constantly altering powers in this country, and that should not be. That's the shame of all this....not that 2 people of the same gender want to get married. IMO

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In all honesty..I couldn't care less about the issue. If people want to get married, I for one should not be able to tell them they cannot.

With that said, it is not within the power of the U.S. SC to make "law". That is why there is a legislative branch. My issue is that we are constantly altering powers in this country, and that should not be. That's the shame of all this....not that 2 people of the same gender want to get married. IMO
I can see that side. For me, it has no impact as a married father of two, but I am happy for everyone that is positively affected. Plus, I want my kids experiencing tolerance and progression, not hate and fear because of mis guided beliefs.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No disagreement. I am a father of 1, has no bearing on me at all.

I just don't like governmental abuses.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are welcome to leave anytime.
I can see that side. For me, it has no impact as a married father of two, but I am happy for everyone that is positively affected. Plus, I want my kids experiencing tolerance and progression, not hate and fear because of mis guided beliefs.
Far too many males display the masculinity of a unic. Kind of like an Ellen DeGeneres male. If I leave and its left to you guys we'll all be wearing pant suites.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol. Oh, David. Let's just let that one marinate for a bit and enjoy the absurdity that you bring us.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol. Oh, David. Let's just let that one marinate for a bit and enjoy the absurdity that you bring us.
Yeah. I'm absurd.

Your government just illuminated the White House in rainbow colors to celebrate gay marriage! Are you dense? You hipster JO's have crossed the line!

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
D, times change as do what's acceptable. Again, I personally don't care at all if BHO decided to lite it in rainbow. Not my decision to make.

I don't think this is a huge deal, as I know you and I have discussed previously, but this is not a religious issue imo.

Curious D, where in the NT does Jesus mention homosexuality? I know all about the OT quote, but we all know the anger in the OT. Also, I could sell my daughter pursuant to the OT, so it loses credibility.

W

wags81

Awards
I don't mind any one marrying the one they love despite their gender. But lighting the White House in rainbow colors is b.s. The only colors any one should light the White House up with is red, white, and blue.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
D....thanks for the link. Interesting read. You know the difficulty I have using the OT and NT as a basis for decision making and/or rationale thought. Considering man married family members in ancient times etc...

With that said, I do respect your point on the White House, although I disagree. To me, sadly, that lost meaning years ago, if it ever actually had it. Those who have resided in that home haven't deserved it during my lifetime. (Almost 40 years)

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
From someone who has deployed overseas for 11 years for this country. And deployed right now, everyone I work with and myself had our minds blown by the White House being lit up in such a way. A person can view the ruling anyway they personally choose to. But What was done to the White House to us overseas is a disgrace.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From someone who has deployed overseas for 11 years for this country. And deployed right now, everyone I work with and myself had our minds blown by the White House being lit up in such a way. A person can view the ruling anyway they personally choose to. But What was done to the White House to us overseas is a disgrace.
I agree. As open minded as I am, there are still things that should be off limit.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
D, times change as do what's acceptable. Again, I personally don't care at all if BHO decided to lite it in rainbow. Not my decision to make.

I don't think this is a huge deal, as I know you and I have discussed previously, but this is not a religious issue imo.

Curious D, where in the NT does Jesus mention homosexuality? I know all about the OT quote, but we all know the anger in the OT. Also, I could sell my daughter pursuant to the OT, so it loses credibility.
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. (*1 Corinthians‬ *6‬:*9-11‬ NASB)

The bible says its a sin and like all sin needs to be repented of....
Now I have nothing against homosexuals in the same way I have nothing against a drug addict or a thief etc.... But the bible is pretty clear that God made man to be with woman and vice versa.... There are far too many people who want to water down the gospel to allow God to fit into their box... And hey if I don't like it I'll just choose a God that fits what I need.... I'm sorry friends but Gods word is infallible, and not open to pick and choose what you want to believe....

This world is getting crazier and crazier and the moral decline should be obvious to all. We have become desensitized to what is good and what is evil.... After all we are pulled to darkness, those who are lost cannot see the deteriorating state in which we live for they have been blinded.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"For there will be a time when people will not tolerate sound teaching. Instead, following their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves, because they have an insatiable curiosity to hear new things. And they will turn away from hearing the truth, but on the other hand they will turn aside to myths."

"Jerusalem is about to fall. And so is Judah. They say and do things against the Lord. They dare to disobey him to his very face. The look on their faces is a witness against them. They show off their sin, just as the people of Sodom did. They don’t even try to hide it."

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
D....thanks for the link. Interesting read. You know the difficulty I have using the OT and NT as a basis for decision making and/or rationale thought. Considering man married family members in ancient times etc...
i understand your view.

With that said, I do respect your point on the White House, although I disagree. To me, sadly, that lost meaning years ago, if it ever actually had it. Those who have resided in that home haven't deserved it during my lifetime. (Almost 40 years)
it is a sad state of affairs that our government/leaders have created but are there any things that are still sacred. We still have men and woman dying to serve and protect things that have been tarnished and have lost their splendor due to neglect and abuse.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
The above reference to god's word as infallible in tandem with bible quotes was amusing

If only the Bible authors were infallible,
Or even the ones who first hand heard it

Or even if what was heard wasn't edited by men later on in council meetings,
Because man took upon himself to know better

But anyways... ;)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Because man took upon himself to know better

But anyways... ;)
How ironic. Man has taken it upon himself to see a man with a man and a woman with a woman, contrary to nature, is in equality to a man and woman marriage, to suite their will. Talk about editing.

But anyway... ;)

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. (*1 Corinthians‬ *6‬:*9-11‬ NASB)

The bible says its a sin and like all sin needs to be repented of....
Now I have nothing against homosexuals in the same way I have nothing against a drug addict or a thief etc.... But the bible is pretty clear that God made man to be with woman and vice versa.... There are far too many people who want to water down the gospel to allow God to fit into their box... And hey if I don't like it I'll just choose a God that fits what I need.... I'm sorry friends but Gods word is infallible, and not open to pick and choose what you want to believe....

This world is getting crazier and crazier and the moral decline should be obvious to all. We have become desensitized to what is good and what is evil.... After all we are pulled to darkness, those who are lost cannot see the deteriorating state in which we live for they have been blinded.
Respectfully, please don't assume that I take any of the biblical text as anything more important than Aesops fables.

After countless years of research, you vein to see the flaws in the text, specifically as most of it was stolen and perverted from many earlier sources. Hell, don't even get me started on the countless mistranslations. (Mary as a Virgin? Not exactly)

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's weird that some of the most hateful, disrespectful, and corrupt people are the loudest when talking about their god. Does God allow hypocrites to inherit the kingdom? And I say the and not his because it is pretty presumptuous to believe your god is the real or one one.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
As for myself, I too have become prideful and said hurtful things out of anger in trying to defend God and his word. I constantly need to be reminded (and am so daily when I become too prideful)

For All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.

I am no better than anyone but I do believe the Bible is very clear on the definition of marriage. But to answer your question kisaj yes he does-as long as they're truly repentant from their sin (which means they are trying to turn from it daily with the power of the Holy Spirit-not continually living in hypocrisy) it's nothing but his grace that allowed one to be saved.

Disclaimer:this is my belief and in no way shape or form associated with strong supplement shop

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
How ironic. Man has taken it upon himself to see a man with a man and a woman with a woman, contrary to nature, is in equality to a man and woman marriage, to suite their will. Talk about editing. But anyway... ;)
Well the nature of this is that same sexes attract

God made some men attracted to men and women attracted to women

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
And the real thing here is that this is not a religious issue

Assuming separation or church and state as it is supposed to be

These people are attracted to and in love with other people

And they were deprived of equality in the ability to marry

This should have been done years ago.
Glad I'm in Canada

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well the nature of this is that same sexes attract

God made some men attracted to men and women attracted to women
some see this attraction as a symptom of a decline in morals and a perversion of nature.

No one wants to answer to anyone about anything and it is s free for all on whatever whims that come to them. There is no line to decency anymore. You clearly don't get it not will you because your ignorance to the matter is also a symptom. You are free to take a man anytime you want. Keep it out of my laws and my schools and forcing it down the throats of my kids in equality education. A man taking a man and a woman taking a woman is not equal to heterosexuality. Call it what it is - homosexuality. It's not equal.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And the real thing here is that this is not a religious issue

Assuming separation or church and state as it is supposed to be

These people are attracted to and in love with other people

And they were deprived of equality in the ability to marry

This should have been done years ago.
Glad I'm in Canada

In this thread I did not initiate anything regarding religion. I was asked what the NT says about it. I provided the answer.

The last I heard the OT and NT apply in Canada for those who follow its laws. But I imagine as elsewhere they prefer to disregard it as well.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
You are strongly opinionated on this matter

I'm actually homophobic to an extent
But have homosexual friends and family

They deserve equality in my books

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
I'll never understand how some people's brains work when it comes to issues like these.

The fact that there is ANY resistance whatsoever to what people should be allowed to openly do with their love lives in this supposedly free country baffles me and always will.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
The last I heard the OT and NT apply in Canada for those who follow its laws.
The world isn't all Catholic, either.

I was raised Catholic until I could think for myself

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are strongly opinionated on this matter

I'm actually homophobic to an extent
But have homosexual friends and family

They deserve equality in my books
i am strongly opinionated on many thing. It's what make me an individual with free will and an open and free mind. I am not homophobic as I am not afraid of something I don't understand nor do I hate what I do not agree with. I don't believe I have expressed homophobia or hate in anything I have posted. But I don't have to approve of what has transpired in my laws and my public buildings and public educations in order to appease a minority group in attempts to give them equality. It's not been equality - it's been preferential - as anyone who disagrees is seen as and accused of being hateful and disrespectful. I respect their civil rights to have civil union but don't convert our entire culture and society to satisfy a minority.

It's a trending culture that has now invaded my home and schools as I cannot turn on my television without same sex expressions of affection and cannot control the curriculum my kids school expose them to. That's not fair or equal - that preferential IMHO

I am not anti-gay. I have a brother and a step brother who are gay. I love them both. I don't approve but I don't hate either.

Anyway. It's beyond my ability to convert an others thought and feeling on the matter not is it my place or right. Again - quit changing everyone else's world for someones fringe choices or lifestyles. The blatant and forcefulness of the methods is causing the negative backlash IMHO

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Should have never been illegal in the first place

World wouldn't have to change then lol

But hey change isn't always bad

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I think that making it illegal for gays to marry is a bigger imposition than us living in a world where it can happen

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Separation of church and state has nothing to do with same sex marriage, and everything to do with amendment 14.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Separation of church and state has nothing to do with same sex marriage, and everything to do with amendment 14.
Dont know the American amendments

But I can't see same sex being an issue to anything other than religious reasons or strait up homophobia

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The world isn't all Catholic, either.

I was raised Catholic until I could think for myself
Born/baptized/communion/confirmed catholic. Catholics don't read their bible. They are told what it says and don't think or discern the word for themselves. It's a form of religious control very similar to government control. Sorry about the experience.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Born/baptized/communion/confirmed catholic. Catholics don't read their bible. They are told what it says and don't think or discern the word for themselves. It's a form of religious control very similar to government control. Sorry about the experience.
I had to read the Bible daily actually
Mass 2-3x a week
Youth masses in my teens

But once I took world religions and Philosophy it was over for me

It wasn't sensible

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had to read the Bible daily actually
Mass 2-3x a week
Youth masses in my teens

But once I took world religions and Philosophy it was over for me

It wasn't sensible
me too. Like you I would never have found Christ in catholic school/church. There is no sense discussing the wisdom and truth of the word of God with those who reject the concept of submitting to an authority that doesn't conform to their own will and desires. If it isn't the way they want it they make up gods and authorities to suite them. I don't want a god if he doesn't let me do whatever I want to. This is the religious argument on the matter in a nutshell IMO.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I don't see it that way at all

I hold more faith in love than anything
It's spiritual on its own

If the higher power designed us so this can happen I see it as intended

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't see it that way at all

I hold more faith in love than anything
It's spiritual on its own

If the higher power designed us so this can happen I see it as intended
he designed you to be grateful, respectful and obedient with a free will to display it. You chose to use your free will not to and make up your own principles of the relationship. Very simple concept that people just refuse to embrace. Your will over His will. Rejecting this and Him is your right all day long.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Does that relate to this at all?

Also I'm agnostic
I dont even really bother debating god and his man-made intentions

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does that relate to this at all?

Also I'm agnostic
I dont even really bother debating god and his man-made intentions
Do you even relate to what you post? WTF are you talking about. I never brought up religion in the first place.

T

Thebuffcat

Awards
It's not entirely about religion for me.

Lighting the White House was offensive. It represents our entirety and not a select individual minority. It's a completely disrespectful use of his power and authority IMHO
That site is all about religion and is totally biased & full of cherry-picking nonsense. Try a valid source next time. As a bodybuilding forum with pro-hormone discussions, it's clear you know how to use pubmed, so there's really no excuse for providing a link that's encircled entirely behind religious beliefs. Also, your religion is just that: a belief. To purport someone is "less than" because they don't share your beliefs...yeah...I feel like that may be a general problem for you, bud. Also, if you ever shaved in your life, you're also a sinner too...just by the way. Additionally, feel free to tell me about all of the concubines you're keeping.

Secondly, you're really misinformed about where the rainbow flag originates from and what it means in regards to people of different sexualities. It was inspired by a flag that was made to celebrate race differences. So, um, notice a pattern much? As far as what the White House did, I think it's more important to see it as an act of acceptance than anything else. I am saying this as someone who isn't gay, but also realize that it's wrong to be exclusionary when it comes to people having rights. If I took away your rights, but someone else was guaranteed something you were denied & needed for the myriad of legal benefits, I'm sure you'd be walking to a different tune. If you don't see other people having the same rights as you as something that's acceptable, like others have said, please move. If you want to live in a nation that dictates what certain people do isn't okay even though it effects absolutely no one else, that's cool, but maybe it's time you move to a country where being different is criminalized.

Just lulz.

Status
Not open for further replies.