Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i think i have it figured out why so many are so eager to embrace alternate lifestyles....it means anything and everything goes, the rules of society no longer exist, bad behavour is now the norm!!! after all it is way more fun to be bad than to be good and follow accepted rules!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thug life lol
bad behavour is so popular there is even a name for it!!!

why be repectful and courteous when you can be bad and people accept this as normal behavour?

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I feel it's the lords way of clearing out the true non believers. Sorta like Santa checking his list. Either I'm getting. Older and more aware of the world or it really is coming to an end.

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
makes me he'll of nervous about my son growing up

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess it truly depends on what qualifies as alternative. With my job I see quote a bit that would qualify. I do t see it as evil, just people searching for something that they don't know what it is

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
I work in construction in dc see lots of evil without a care in the world no regards for others

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I guess it truly depends on what qualifies as alternative. With my job I see quote a bit that would qualify. I do t see it as evil, just people searching for something that they don't know what it is
that is the problem...no one wants to see it for what it is!!! used to be people saw bad behavour they would call people out for it....now you consider it people searching for something that they don't know what it is, lol.....we need to stop making excuses for and accepting bad behavour as normal---call it what it is!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I work in construction in dc see lots of evil without a care in the world no regards for others
and no one calls them out because it has become accepted!!!

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
very true can't disagree with you lol the other day I bought a homeless guy a sub have to him he really didn't say much about it my co worker told me later that day that guy was a racist and threw away the sub I have him because I was white like w t f lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
very true can't disagree with you lol the other day I bought a homeless guy a sub have to him he really didn't say much about it my co worker told me later that day that guy was a racist and threw away the sub I have him because I was white like w t f lol
obama is the worst thing that could have happened to this country, race relations were improving before he started stirring the pot!!!

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess seeing him trying to fit and relatable like shooting basketballs is more important than taking care of this beloved country and I tell you what 95% of the workers on the job site feel the same way no matter the race Everyone looks out for everyone at the job

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
This is interesting

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
bad behavour is so popular there is even a name for it!!!

why be repectful and courteous when you can be bad and people accept this as normal behavour?
Being a c#nt don't feel good.

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
Don't be spooked. You wont even see it coming :buttkick:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How do you define what is good or bad? How do you define morals?

I read alternate lifestyle and can't help but think this is a reference to sexuality and gender topics. Is it?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
How do you define what is good or bad? How do you define morals?

I read alternate lifestyle and can't help but think this is a reference to sexuality and gender topics. Is it?
i think most of us know instinctively what is good and what is bad, i shouldn't have to define that!!

as far as sexuality... you don't have to be homosexual to exhibit bad behavour, homosexuals are just like every other group, some are good some are bad!!!

my definiton of alternate lifestyle is those who choose a lifestyle that is counterproductive to society as a whole...of course there would be some homosexuals included in that group, but by no means exclusively!!!

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
this thread is confusing lol

Doesnt 'alternative lifestyle' mean being being a hippie or being really into things like the lemon juice diet and vegan?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this thread is confusing lol

Doesnt 'alternative lifestyle' mean being being a hippie or being really into things like the lemon juice diet and vegan?
for the purpose of this thread it means feeling free to act as badly as you want with no consequence...there was a time when people called you out when you acted badly, now is seems it has become accepted and tolerated...

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
for the purpose of this thread it means feeling free to act as badly as you want with no consequence...there was a time when people called you out when you acted badly, now is seems it has become accepted and tolerated...
that's cause this country has become such a sissy even capital punishment is a damn joke you kill ten people plead guilty get put in death row and sometimes outlive your death penalty but you got dental food shelter all payed by the great tax payers

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i was in loews hardware store and there was a young couple with around a 2 year old child in the cart with them...they were dropping the f-bomb all over the place with other children around...no one said anything to them until i did and they started to cuss at me and told me it was none of my business...

is that good enough?

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
i was in loews hardware store and there was a young couple with around a 2 year old child in the cart with them...they were dropping the f-bomb all over the place with other children around...no one said anything to them until i did and they started to cuss at me and told me it was none of my business...

is that good enough?
cannot stand that bro!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is an exhausting subject with no end. Instead of exerting so much energy on complaining, we should use it to fix the "problem".

Common sense is a gift and a curse.

Nature vs. nurture will always be a never ending topic.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
another example is littering..i see people throw their trash out everywhere. used to be you see someone doing that you called them out, not anymore....look around, here where i live there is trash everywhere!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
another example is almost running someone down to get a closer parking space!!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, all those things annoy me to. Maybe I am just turning into a grumpy old man?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
going through neighborhoods where kids are playing blasting vulgar obscene music as loud as it will go.

the list is very long!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok, all those things annoy me to. Maybe I am just turning into a grumpy old man?
unfortunately josh, it is more than a mere annoyance...i believe that when a society shuns civility it is no longer civilized!!!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that is the problem...no one wants to see it for what it is!!! used to be people saw bad behavour they would call people out for it....now you consider it people searching for something that they don't know what it is, lol.....we need to stop making excuses for and accepting bad behavour as normal---call it what it is!!!
It's not a matter of identification. There are many subjective behaviors that we would disagree on.

With that said....what exactly is a "alternative lifestyle"

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, now that I understand what you are saying is an alternative lifestyle, I totally concur. No one ever disciplines their kids or keeps them in line.

In my job (High School Vice Principal) I get yelled at all the time by parents. However, I have a rule. If they have keyboard or phone muscles, I extend the challenge for them to come in and meet with me in my office and have this "discussion" in person. 9 times out of 10, they fold like a cheap suit.

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
Ok, now that I understand what you are saying is an alternative lifestyle, I totally concur. No one ever disciplines their kids or keeps them in line.
Not sure I agree with this. I'm not sure how far down the rabbit hole you are in understanding how the world is run but suffice to say it seeks to dumb down and control people without them even realising (keeps them blissfully ignorant some might say) now this is one of the toughest parts of being a parent to prevent the outside agenda from prevailing. But it's designed in such a way to win most of the time. So even if a parent "disciplines" his or her child it could mean nothing and THAT is not really the parents fault.

Just saying

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure I agree with this. I'm not sure how far down the rabbit hole you are in understanding how the world is run but suffice to say it seeks to dumb down and control people without them even realising (keeps them blissfully ignorant some might say) now this is one of the toughest parts of being a parent to prevent the outside agenda from prevailing. But it's designed in such a way to win most of the time. So even if a parent "disciplines" his or her child it could mean nothing and THAT is not really the parents fault.

Just saying
I am not referring to that. I am referring to behavior. Kids get away with far more now than ever before. I have heard kids say horrible things to their parents and other adults without consequence. I would have gotten the wooden spoon for that.

Parents are far more reserved and less assertive now. Many I see on a daily basis are more interested in being friends than actually parenting.

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
For sure kids have too little respect for others especially their elders these days.

Generally parents are more reserved because of laws if they hit or discipline their child etc etc. This goes back to the rabbit hole though :) it's set up to win.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

In my job (High School Vice Principal) I get yelled at all the time by parents. However, I have a rule. If they have keyboard or phone muscles, I extend the challenge for them to come in and meet with me in my office and have this "discussion" in person. 9 times out of 10, they fold like a cheap suit.
exactly...society as a whole has to recognize the direction we are going and correct itself....we were once very good at correcting bad behavour but we have become desensitized to it and have began to accept it as the norm-this is very dangerous to our society as a whole, imo.

when i was in school a trip to the principals office was nothing compared to what my mom would do to me---there was no taking my side and blaming someone else, if the principal told her i did something that was good enough!!! our politicians have really taught the public to admit nothing, deny everything and don't take responsibility for your actions!!! obama and hilary are masters of this, imo!!!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For sure kids have too little respect for others especially their elders these days.

Generally parents are more reserved because of laws if they hit or discipline their child etc etc. This goes back to the rabbit hole though :) it's set up to win.
There is also a significant philosophical difference between many parents today and in years passed. I dont disagree with you entirely however

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
exactly...society as a whole has to recognize the direction we are going and correct itself....we were once very good at correcting bad behavour but we have become desensitized to it and have began to accept it as the norm-this is very dangerous to our society as a whole, imo.

when i was in school a trip to the principals office was nothing compared to what my mom would do to me---there was no taking my side and blaming someone else, if the principal told her i did something that was good enough!!! our politicians have really taught the public to admit nothing, deny everything and don't take responsibility for your actions!!! obama and hilary are masters of this, imo!!!
The saddest part here is that as a result
Of the lack of parenting, kids don't know how to fail. They have been built up to such an extent that anything other than perfection is a sheer disaster. The amount of kids who automatically default to "suicidal ideations" as a result of something not going their way is staggering. Sadly I see it too frequently.

In terms of being afraid of your parents, that was me. I would've preferred to stay in the principals office going to go home. Now, sadly, the kids are more afraid of me and they are their parents.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i think our political leaders have failed us miserably. they have taught us deny everything, admit nothing and never accept responsibility for any semblance of wrong doing...when accused go on the attack...the american people have learned these lessons well--to our detriment!!!

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
well I hope not everyone in america is like this!! I was plan to come for a holiday next year lol.
We too have badly spoken kids in aus but it depends where you live. Like some places I won't really want to go bc I know i will be harassed and so forth.
But where i live is pretty lovely actually, everyone is kind and hardly see the examples you give here.