Active Recovery

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
Just interested what this means for you guys!
I know everyone wants to train every day of the week if we could but our bodies have different ideas don't they. So what do you like to do on your day or days off that you can call 'active recovery'??

Me I think I have taken the 'active' part in active recovery a bit too seriously. Usually just play some volley or do a practise drill or two. But we're off for a few weeks so I go trail walking with a friends, goof around like spin poi or roll in some skates down our street. sometimes (actually a lot lol) of shopping. Clubbing as well but not too much these days. I like my sleep better :)

After thinking about this however, I'll be sure to add more stretch and mobility in my day off Sunday so I am well and truly prepped for the next week.

Over to you now.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stretch, mobility, foam roll, go for a walk, relax :D

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Walking, light GPP work, mobility drills... basically anything to promote movement and blood flow to help with recovery

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^^Exactly, you sit you stiffen. It is like rigor mortis! Go Walking, swimming,etc.etc.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I guess I have never looked at it as active recovery since I've always believed that everyday required some sweat. Muay thai, boxing, biking, swimming, running, yard work, etc are all fair game on my non-gym days and usually on top of gym days.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
I like that attitude kisaj;..getting the body moving is the best! its what being alive is about.