Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
anyone ever watch reruns of shows from the 60's like leave it to beaver/father knows best/bewitched/brady bunch?

i can't help but think that those were much better days!!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They were better days...

A guy at work watches "All in the Family" reruns on YouTube at lunch religiously.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wish I grew up in that era. Life was so much simpler. I really love the wonder years!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I grew up on the wonder years. lol
Me, too, but I couldn't watch it in front of my parents because they would make fun of me for having a crush on Kevin.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was raised on most of those shows, but have to say that life wasn't necessarily better or simpler then. Especially if you weren't a white man.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was raised on most of those shows, but have to say that life wasn't necessarily better or simpler then. Especially if you weren't a white man.
life isn't better or simpler today for any man!!! i would be willing to bet that the chances of a black man being a victim of violence is greater today than then!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I wish I grew up in that era. Life was so much simpler. I really love the wonder years!
i am a sexist pig...i think this country was a better place when mothers stayed home and watched their own children instead of sending infants off to be with strangers!!!

the whole idea of a 3 month old being sent to a sitter who is watching the child for profit seems barbaric to me....i am glad i grew up in that era where mom's stayed home and cared for their children!!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i am a sexist pig...i think this country was a better place when mothers stayed home and watched their own children instead of sending infants off to be with strangers!!!

the whole idea of a 3 month old being sent to a sitter who is watching the child for profit seems barbaric to me....i am glad i grew up in that era where mom's stayed home and cared for their children!!!
My mother stayed home until my youngest sibling was in 3rd grade. She always took us to school on time and was always there waiting for us when we got out. I remember taking all this for granted because I wanted to be independent and take the bus home. It wasn't until I graduated (thanks to her pushing me) that I realized how lucky I was.

It was definitely a struggle having just one income but it was worth it...

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've seen better days.

It does seem cool back then, however I love modern technology.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've seen better days.

It does seem cool back then, however I love modern technology.
there is nothing wrong with technology...it is the behavior that it brings that i have problems with!!!

besides, you weren't even alive back then, lol!!!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
there is nothing wrong with technology...it is the behavior that it brings that i have problems with!!!

besides, you weren't even alive back then, lol!!!
Lol. That's why I said it seems cool.

The ive seen better days was just the song that popped up in my head.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lol. That's why I said it seems cool.

The ive seen better days was just the song that popped up in my head.
that wasn't fair of me to say that anyways...i know most people on this forum weren't alive then---that is why i reverenced tv shows of that era---sorry about that!!!

in all fairness though, if we could have todays technology combined with the behavior of people from that era i would be very happy!!!

from having lived though those times i just think people were much better behaved then than now!!!