• Established
  • Best Answer
Lets see what the hype over Jurassic World is all about tomorrow:

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm going on Monday to see it, I hope it's good. I love the first three. Well not so much the third, but the first two were awesome.

I was just telling someone the other day that movies these days do not seem to be as hyped up as they once were. I remember as a kid when movies were coming out in theaters, it seemed like a big deal. They would be advertised everywhere and the TV trailers were a big thing.

They would have toys from the movie at Burger King, slushy cups at 711, T-Shirts at clothing stores, blizzard cups at Dairy Queen, toys at Toys R Us, and other merchandise/advertisements.

Jurassic World seems to be doing all of that, which is nice because it brings back memories of when life seemed a bit more simple especially seeing as the original Jurassic Parks came out when I was a kid.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was just telling someone the other day that movies these days do not seem to be as hyped up as they once were. I remember as a kid when movies were coming out in theaters, it seemed like a big deal. They would be advertised everywhere and the TV trailers were a big thing.
I could be wrong, but I think they are all still hyped, but now every single movie and tv show and music event, etc are hyped so much that none of them stand out. Too much noise to be able to see the signal!

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I could be wrong, but I think they are all still hyped, but now every single movie and tv show and music event, etc are hyped so much that none of them stand out. Too much noise to be able to see the signal!
That's very true, I didn't really think about that. Also the fact that a lot of movies/TV shows seem to be the same recycled plots over and over, lacking in originality. Plus, as an adult I don't really pay attention to what movies are currently out, like I did as a child.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Same here! It seems like several times a year now I ask "did they really have to remake that?"

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Saw it Thursday. It was spectacular. Dare I say as good as the og. Waaaayyyyy better than the sequels.

The redhead is hot
The raptors are awesome
New Rex is cool as hell
Overall package was well done

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Very good movie, though as I watched the dinosaurs die and the king die almost I felt my childhood being choked. Damn that new Rex, damn t straight to hell!!

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very good movie, though as I watched the dinosaurs die and the king die almost I felt my childhood being choked. Damn that new Rex, damn t straight to hell!!
Did you see it in 3D or 2D?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Jurassic World
Solid movie 8.5/10
A little slow to start to unravel the story, but got good and fast. Lots of action, a good twist of humor throughout the movie. Highly suggest seeing it.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Jurassic World
Solid movie 8.5/10
A little slow to start to unravel the story, but got good and fast. Lots of action, a good twist of humor throughout the movie. Highly suggest seeing it.
I liked that they built it up for a bit and had more of a story instead of just being all action. Don't get me wrong, the action was what I went for but that's what set it apart from 2/3. Much better story

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I liked that they built it up for a bit and had more of a story instead of just being all action. Don't get me wrong, the action was what I went for but that's what set it apart from 2/3. Much better story
Agree
Story was good, and had a nice twist
Blue came through in the end!!!

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great movie exactly what I hoped for... Saw it in 3D! Didn't have to think a whole lot, good action and the characters gave the story some depth.... For sure Blue was a nasty velociraptor!! But that sharkasaurus lol

Honestly was better than I thought it would be

solid 8.5/10

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Agree
Story was good, and had a nice twist
Blue came through in the end!!!
Every time a raptor got hurt I died a little inside ha. They've always been my favorites. Saw this online, it's my dream ha
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1434332097.235324.jpg

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Did you see it in 3D or 2D?
3D, the actors were kind of eh eh. Like the British chick in it with the black hair is from the TV show Merlin, so not sure if she was ready for big screen. And the kids were kind of the same as well. The youngest kid is in Insidious, so when the older brother started to talk about ghost only thing I could think of was that red demon.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
I just got asked out to see it this week in gold class 3-D haha! should be a good night bc I seen the previews and it looks really fun :)

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Saw it last night and it was really good, better than I expected. I won't say much in case someone reading this hasn't seen the movie yet, but "you're my boy blue!"

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Made the trek to the city to see it in IMAX 3D -- no other way I would have wanted to experience it for the first time (same treatment I gave the Hobbit films).

These were my initial thoughts:

- worth seeing in IMAX 3D (not necessary, but actually benefits this film)
- made me jump several times which was unexpected and played well point 1
- excellent tribute/tie-in/whatever you want to call it to the original Jurassic Park
- Chris Pratt is dreamy -- I have no problem saying that. But seriously, he played this role great and I think it was a better movie because of him
- I felt like a kid again. Every time I hear that music, it just mesmerizes me

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Made the trek to the city to see it in IMAX 3D -- no other way I would have wanted to experience it for the first time (same treatment I gave the Hobbit films).

These were my initial thoughts:

- worth seeing in IMAX 3D (not necessary, but actually benefits this film)
- made me jump several times which was unexpected and played well point 1
- excellent tribute/tie-in/whatever you want to call it to the original Jurassic Park
- Chris Pratt is dreamy -- I have no problem saying that. But seriously, he played this role great and I think it was a better movie because of him
- I felt like a kid again. Every time I hear that music, it just mesmerizes me
Haha the girl behind me in the theater all night: "C'mon, take your shirt off.... c'mon.... dammit! THat was a perfect chance!"

Gotta agree with you though he's the man. His general attitude is entertaining in and of itself. The movies he's been in lately ahve been great and reflected his personality well.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
What? so he doesn't take his shirt off? :(

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Surprisingly not.

But he does say 3 bad words.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
One of the best movies to watch in IMAX 3D. Loved it

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One of the best movies to watch in IMAX 3D. Loved it
Agreed, man.

Now I'm wanting to do a Terminator marathon to see the new one next month.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Every time a raptor got hurt I died a little inside ha. They've always been my favorites. Saw this online, it's my dream ha
View attachment 120296
Too bad that is no where near shape or form what a raptor ever looked like. That was Spielbergs interpretation. A real raptor was only about 3 feet tall, and feathered, with hollow bones, size of a modern turkey... birds are their closest relatives.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Too bad that is no where near shape or form what a raptor ever looked like. That was Spielbergs interpretation. A real raptor was only about 3 feet tall, and feathered, with hollow bones, size of a modern turkey... birds are their closest relatives.
LEAVE RAPTORS ALONE!!!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Deinonychus was more accurate. But too ugly of a namesake for a "cool" dinosaur ha.

I'm a huge dino nerd.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
^ haha, looks like that would make it tasty roast :p

worker13

Awards
I am a big fan of it! I would love to see it, I need to see it!!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
They explained in the movie that none of the dinosaurs were pure, so that is why they look different

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did love the part where they went in complaining after it escaped and were like "well how did it ____?!" and each time the scientist is like "...well, we used ____ genes for ____, but we never thought it could do this" over and over lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I did love the part where they went in complaining after it escaped and were like "well how did it ____?!" and each time the scientist is like "...well, we used ____ genes for ____, but we never thought it could do this" over and over lol
I loved all those little twists. The genetic modification premise was a great throwback to the OG... remember the eggs they were having from the frogs that changed sexes...

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They explained in the movie that none of the dinosaurs were pure, so that is why they look different
I know, I seen it. But they took a completely different Dino in the Deinonychus and labelled it the raptor. Because Velociraptor just sounds bad ass, but the real one is a quack. Same genes, but different animal. The two are distant cousins. Probably why they coined VR for the Dein in the movie.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
I liked it a lot

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Saw this with my kids last night. Good movie overall and nice throwback to the first one. Nothing special about the regular 3D, so I'd go 2D or IMAX. I'd give this an 8/10.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Saw this with my kids last night. Good movie overall and nice throwback to the first one. Nothing special about the regular 3D, so I'd go 2D or IMAX. I'd give this an 8/10.
Agreed on the throwback status.

Didn't need 3D at IMAX, but I thought it was fun with it. Some movies it's just totally unnecessary. This one at least took advantage of it a bit which was nice.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Saw San Andreas today, highly recommend it. Lots of action.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Saw San Andreas today, highly recommend it. Lots of action.
Totally forgot about that one. Meant to see it and mad max.

Gf said SA was good too

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want to see The Rock make a Conan-esque movie. We need that.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Crap, totally spaced that he did that.

Still not as good as Conan, though lol
Nah not even close. Was entertaining but I want to see him in a more original role.

Scorpion king was a good one. Something like that would be awesome again.