• First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
left lane Traffic Law 500-1000$ Fine

Pay up, slowpokes! Or, get out of the left lane

peed up or get out of the way.

That's the message from Indiana lawmakers who have passed a new law that could lead to fines of as much as $500 for slowpokes who refuse to move out of the left lane when traffic piles up behind them. (Tweet This)

The Hoosier State becomes one of a handful to specifically target left lane hogs, though the majority of other states have broader laws that allow police to ticket motorists obstructing traffic or who fail to exit the left lane after passing. Lawmakers in Oregon, meanwhile, are expected to put a similar bill onto the books this year.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My home state! Too bad i live in Illinois...where the majority of drivers are absolutely horrendous. Complete idiots.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
So which law is it ok to break, speeding or driving in left lane?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They need to pass this in Jersey

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
They need this Florida so bad. Coming from the northeast to here is brutal. These old folks are just awful going 60mph in a 75mph interstate.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My home state! Too bad i live in Illinois...where the majority of drivers are absolutely horrendous. Complete idiots.
Man, my job has brought me to almost every state and Illinois is definitely not one of the worst- especially if you like to drive fast. I've had people on my ass when I'm doing 90. And yes, the irony isn't lost on me. :)

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Having grown up and lived in Illinois near the Indiana border for 37 years, we thought the same thing of Indiana drivers lol. Until I moved to Dallas two years ago where the worlds worst drivers live.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Having grown up and lived in Illinois near the Indiana border for 37 years, we thought the same thing of Indiana drivers lol. Until I moved to Dallas two years ago where the worlds worst drivers live.
Lol. At the end of the day i guess it might just he what youre used to and where you learn to drive. Wisconsin (Milwaukee area specifically) is pretty bad too.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IL does have an excessive left lane usage law. It went in a few years ago.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol. At the end of the day i guess it might just he what youre used to and where you learn to drive. Wisconsin (Milwaukee area specifically) is pretty bad too.
Yep, I've lived north of Chicago near that border too lol. I think with Illinois and Indiana, a lot of Illinois drivers complain that Indiana drivers go too slow and the Indiana drivers complain that Illinois drivers go too fast. Seriously though, Dallas drivers wtf?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This has been a law in CT for years. I remember in around '90-91 I was pulled over and ticketed for this specific law.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm originally from CT but moved a while back.
Ah alright, I knew there were a few of us here from CT but I didn't know you were once I resident. Good job getting out of the tax you to death state.