Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ok, weren't we told some years back that increasing gas prices was driving the increase in food/merchandise???? why is it that gas prices have been going down and prices are still going up???

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gas prices is going up! I paid 3.75 for regular gas yesterday. Eggs go up when gas goes up.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Gas is up here too, it was way down again a couple months ago

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Gas prices is going up! I paid 3.75 for regular gas yesterday. Eggs go up when gas goes up.
but why didn't prices go down when gas was low?

eggs are going to go way up along with turkey and chicken prices due to bird flu!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
damn...it is $2.65 here in indiana????

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
damn...it is $2.65 here in indiana????
Wth? I paid $46 for my little car yesterday! Ugh!!! Well, I only get chevron gas and yesterday I got it from an independent chevron, so using a debit or credit card is an extra 10 cents per gallon. The other gas stations are around 3.25. I remembered when $17 filled up my little Honda Accord.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established

Wth? I paid $46 for my little car yesterday! Ugh!!! Well, I only get chevron gas and yesterday I got it from an independent chevron, so using a debit or credit card is an extra 10 cents per gallon. The other gas stations are around 3.25. I remembered when $17 filled up my little Honda Accord.
I paid $75 to fill up my car. It's not even a van or a pickup truck. Jst a sedan.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ok, i got gas today for $2.63 gal....that is a buck cheaper than it was last year!!! but the remarkable thing is that diesel is only $2.67 a gal, diesel was running .75c to a dollar a gal more than unleaded was not that long ago....the significant thing about diesel being so low is the reduced cost to wholesalers/retailers---my question is, why aren't these savings being passed on to us consumers?????

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ok, i got gas today for $2.63 gal....that is a buck cheaper than it was last year!!! but the remarkable thing is that diesel is only $2.67 a gal, diesel was running .75c to a dollar a gal more than unleaded was not that long ago....the significant thing about diesel being so low is the reduced cost to wholesalers/retailers---my question is, why aren't these savings being passed on to us consumers?????
Lol, a few years ago I was in the Midwest and saw that corn gas or whatever, and I was going to get it because it was cheap. My car would have probably died or exploded on the road.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think it's around $2.60 here. It's been a little over a week since I last filled up though. Pay around $20-$25 to fill up half the tank. Lately I don't let it get under 1/2 full before I fill it up again.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Cali is at $4/gal for a 91 grade. That's the cheap station too. If you're not picky you can pay up to $4.50/gal

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ok, weren't we told some years back that increasing gas prices was driving the increase in food/merchandise???? why is it that gas prices have been going down and prices are still going up???
Because you (and we) were lied to lol. I noticed a huge drop in gas price moving from Chicago to Dallas. Like a dollar drop, mostly because of less taxes.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
The demand and supply is lower for a diesel compared to unleaded. Here in the US of course. I knw in Asia diesel cost is cheaper than unleaded.

Do you have a diesel car?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cali is at $4/gal for a 91 grade. That's the cheap station too. If you're not picky you can pay up to $4.50/gal
No way I'd pay for high octane with prices the way they are now. I remember when gas was something like $1.27 per gallon or a little less. Don't think I'll ever see that again.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The demand and supply is lower for a diesel compared to unleaded. Here in the US of course. I knw in Asia diesel cost is cheaper than unleaded.

Do you have a diesel car?
i drive a 2010 impala...the reason i commented on how cheap diesel is now is because it was supposedly the reason prices went up so high, they blamed it on high cost of diesel the fuel semi's use to transport goods across the nation. a year or so ago diesel was up to a dollar more per gal than unleaded, now it is only 3 cents higher!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No way I'd pay for high octane with prices the way they are now. I remember when gas was something like $1.27 per gallon or a little less. Don't think I'll ever see that again.
lowest i remember was .29cents!!!! used to have something called gas wars-there was no set minimum and independent stations used to compete against each other, i liked competition and i miss it!!!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lowest i remember was .29cents!!!! used to have something called gas wars-there was no set minimum and independent stations used to compete against each other, i liked competition and i miss it!!!!
My sister is a manager for chevron and every morning before she starts, she has to drive around and see how much other stations around her are charging.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My sister is a manager for chevron and every morning before she starts, she has to drive around and see how much other stations around her are charging.
speedway is the big chain here in indiana, their prices don't vary much from station to station. the other stations are usually a few cents to a nickel higher.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Now there's an app for that. Gasbuddy! Let her knw, unless she likes driving around on the clock of course ;)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
$2 per litre here or $9 per gallon. Stop complaining lol

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yeah...but tomatoes are $2.99 here and i live in a farm state!!!

they used high gas prices as reason for raising food prices back when gas was over $4 gallon, now gas was $2.56 today and food prices are higher than ever!!!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
What?! Where are you from?
New Zealand. We so far away that prices will always be crazy.

yeah...but tomatoes are $2.99 here and i live in a farm state!!!

they used high gas prices as reason for raising food prices back when gas was over $4 gallon, now gas was $2.56 today and food prices are higher than ever!!!
I never trust the "official" explanation for anything. With gas prices and so many factors involved, they likely just said that to keep people calm

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
if i remember right i was in italy/portugal/spain/france on a med cruise back in 79 and their gas prices were around that price even back then!!! outside of middle eastern countries i think U.S. gas prices are probably lowest anywhere!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's our right as Americans to complain. Besides, its what I do best. I got gas for 2.63 a gallon today.
i am happy with anything below $3!!!

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn! $9 per gallon? That's crazy.

Here in NY Premium gas is $3.31 and reg is $2.89

Mumbles01

Mumbles01

Awards
  • Established
The prices around my area very a lot depending on where your at. In my city (Sarasota fl) it's about 2.60$ average. But if you go on the islands where the mega rich live it's up to 4.50$.
Then if you go the opposite way about 15 minutes it's 2.40$.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The prices around my area very a lot depending on where your at. In my city (Sarasota fl) it's about 2.60$ average. But if you go on the islands where the mega rich live it's up to 4.50$.
Then if you go the opposite way about 15 minutes it's 2.40$.
eat the rich!!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Value of money keeps dropping every day, labor costs rise and obamacare was a disaster.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Value of money keeps dropping every day, labor costs rise and obamacare was a disaster.
You guys needed govt funded healthcare

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You guys needed govt funded healthcare
What we need is to get goverment totally out of health care to reduce bureaucracy, regulation, corruption and costs.

Government doesnt fund anything anyways, its inherently broke. It just finds ways to tax people and create better and secure profit margins to satisfy the lobbyist's and their employers from the health care industry. This is how the politicians can keep getting their financing for their re-election campaigns.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When the price of gas finally dropped, I kept thinking this is a chance to add to the national gas tax,

Its only a matter of time now that everybody is desensitized to certain prices that they will add in the gas tax.

For example, this bill was introduced not long ago that would double the gas tax,
http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/231740-house-dem-moves-to-double-gas-tax

There is a point in doing so, the entire countries infrastructure is falling apart, and money needs to pay for the work...but at the same time this could be easily financed by halting foreign aid for example, or the billions spent on war on drugs.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
When the price of gas finally dropped, I kept thinking this is a chance to add to the national gas tax,

Its only a matter of time now that everybody is desensitized to certain prices that they will add in the gas tax.

For example, this bill was introduced not long ago that would double the gas tax,
http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/231740-house-dem-moves-to-double-gas-tax

There is a point in doing so, the entire countries infrastructure is falling apart, and money needs to pay for the work...but at the same time this could be easily financed by halting foreign aid for example, or the billions spent on war on drugs.
i would support an increase in the gas tax, it would be a good thing for the economy, create jobs, and repair and rebuild the infrastructure which is in dire need.....BUT ONLY ON THE CONDITION THAT THE MONEY ACTUALLY WENT TO THE INFRASTRUCTURE, AND NOT SOME OBAMA PET PROJECT!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
howwedo107 General Chat 25
holyintellect General Chat 61
Delta Force General Chat 18
DGSky General Chat 74
SufferingEd Supplements 25