Periscope?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone on here downloaded that app? I've seen a few people who have it, I just saw where the hodgetwins have an account

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope. I would never used it and hated it when I saw all the fitness YouTubers using it. but it will become popular because of that.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I think it's just a live stream app. Eh, not worth the download

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it's just a live stream app. Eh, not worth the download
That's exactly what it is. In my opinion, it is the live version of twitter, facebook, or any other social media outlet where one can post a status of what they are doing. Now, it can e shown live.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
That's exactly what it is. In my opinion, it is the live version of twitter, facebook, or any other social media outlet where one can post a status of what they are doing. Now, it can e shown live.
I can see it being a good place for if a company wanted to do a q&a video but besides that its like you said a live video twitter

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
I think people are kinda getting sick of social media, like theres too much of it and they are all time consuming. when your in your teens you can do all that stuff. I just fb with friends, sms and deleted all the others and I am just in my 20's. i think mum uses more social media than me lol (pinterest).
tinder, what a waste of time that is

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I met a guy who works for YouTube and he said, "Do you realize how much these freaking people on YouTube make? I cut them a check every month and it's between $100,000-$300,000." Lol, his best advice to me: SKIP THE COMMERCIALS! They get paid depending on how long you watch each commercial.

I'm sure like everything else, this Periscope thing is just to make money.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can see it being a good place for if a company wanted to do a q&a video but besides that its like you said a live video twitter
That and an interview would be great. However, it seems like it was geared towards social media.

I think people are kinda getting sick of social media, like theres too much of it and they are all time consuming. when your in your teens you can do all that stuff. I just fb with friends, sms and deleted all the others and I am just in my 20's. i think mum uses more social media than me lol (pinterest).
tinder, what a waste of time that is
Social media is ruining society in my opinion. People lack real communication skills. Not only that, but it is turning society into one where people need to prove something. For example, I have to "check in" somewhere on facebook so people know I'm really there. I need to take a selfie of me at that place. I need to take a picture of the food or the venue, etc. etc. It is turning people into self absorbed, unable to communicate morons.

/ mini rant

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That and an interview would be great. However, it seems like it was geared towards social media.

Social media is ruining society in my opinion. People lack real communication skills. Not only that, but it is turning society into one where people need to prove something. For example, I have to "check in" somewhere on facebook so people know I'm really there. I need to take a selfie of me at that place. I need to take a picture of the food or the venue, etc. etc. It is turning people into self absorbed, unable to communicate morons.

/ mini rant
Amen!! Teens graduating this year. Job interview: "So, what skills do you have?" Answer: "texting and FB and Twitter". Interviewer: "I meant real world skills!"

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Amen!! Teens graduating this year. Job interview: "So, what skills do you have?" Answer: "texting and FB and Twitter". Interviewer: "I meant real world skills!"
I see it everyday being a high school teacher. It scares me to be perfectly honest. What is even more frightening is that most kids no longer want to learn anything. Why? They feel it is pointless to put time into learning something since they have the internet everywhere they go. They no longer need to put in the time and effort to learn something. It is much quicker and easier to type it into their Smartphone. Instant gratification.