Doom 3

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Ok gaming geeks like myself, anyone get this on the xbox yet? It is badass! I just bought a new HD widescreen tv with surround sound, and picked up the game while I was there. It's mindless, yes, but the graphics and intensity make up for it. A must have IMO.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i was waiting for some feedback on it. how does it compare to the halo's?

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
i was waiting for some feedback on it. how does it compare to the halo's?
Well the story isn't as deep, but the atmosphere and graphics are top notch. You really get drawn in to the game. It's the same premise as the old doom game's(kill everything in sight) with a little plot mixed in. I'm partial to halo, but while it's a different style of game, it's right up there with it. And the whole flashlight aspect along with the sound effects make it creepy as hell. Kinda like a first person resident evil game.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
guess i'll have to give it a go. might rent it first though, just in case.

C

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
i want........

my pc isn't up to specs to run this game in it's full glory; so the xbox version will have to do. hopefully within the month i'll get off my ass and go buy it.

M

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If first person sneakers are your thing instead of crazy shoot-emups, I'd recommend second sight. At $20 retail, its good value.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
doom3 is pretty cool; i've had it on my pc for a while... halo 1 and 2 dont even hold a candle in the graphics and intensity dept... story isnt as good (but its far better than any of the Quake games or previous Doom games)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
At the age of 13, I was ranked 6th in the State of Maryland at Doom II. It's been all downhill since :(

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
At the age of 13, I was ranked 6th in the State of Maryland at Doom II. It's been all downhill since :(
nerd. :hammer:

nah, i was in a halo tournament in japan, got 3rd. i figured those little japanese dudes would have annihilated me no problem. ended up getting beat by 2 mexicans from san diego, ca. go figure. :think:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
nerd. :hammer:

nah, i was in a halo tournament in japan, got 3rd. i figured those little japanese dudes would have annihilated me no problem. ended up getting beat by 2 mexicans from san diego, ca. go figure. :think:

haha I was a stud at 13, what a legacy i had/have

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons is WAAAAY better than regular Dungeons and Dragons.:D

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
:(

hahaha ;)

I liked Doom because you got to kill other humans (some monsters), a lot of the other games I can't get into because it's all monster killing. The plot line is the same: Aliens have taken over earth, you are the only hope... blah blah. Can't really get into the sci-fi stuff.

Capture the flag in Quake was pretty cool too

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Anyone play half life 2 yet? I doubt my computer could handle it, but I loved the first one, especially deathmatch and all the add ons it came with (counterstrike and team fortress).

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Anyone play half life 2 yet? I doubt my computer could handle it, but I loved the first one, especially deathmatch and all the add ons it came with (counterstrike and team fortress).
My computer won't handle halflife 2 either, so I'm waiting for the xbox version. It's supposed to be an amazing game. The vidoes I've seen of it are crazy.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
:(

hahaha ;)

I liked Doom because you got to kill other humans (some monsters), a lot of the other games I can't get into because it's all monster killing. The plot line is the same: Aliens have taken over earth, you are the only hope... blah blah. Can't really get into the sci-fi stuff.

Capture the flag in Quake was pretty cool too
Just messin witha ya deoudes! ( i used to play d and d ):)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I need to hook up my big screen monitor, laptops are no good for gaming.

R

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I know that I'm way behind the times, but the Quake 2 Evolved version with the Weapons Of Destruction Mod is lots of fun, the Graphics and weapons options make it vastly better than the original Q2.

The new Q4 is getting good press, have to try that soon.

C

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
i'm waiting patiently for xbox2 and half life 2 meeting....

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Other than the old Ultimate Doom, the only shooters I really got into were Unreal Tournament. Skyscraper level with ultra low gravity and high air control. There's nothing quite like sniping a guy in mid air.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Doom3 is cool, but FarCry is incredible.

BV

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
started over from the beginning wtih FarCry last night actually :)

looks like heaven on my PC :)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
My computer won't handle halflife 2 either, so I'm waiting for the xbox version. It's supposed to be an amazing game. The vidoes I've seen of it are crazy.
HL² was GREAT! I loved every minute of it! Better than the first, IMO.

Anyone still play counterstrike? Or CS:Source?

I'm about to start playing CS again, both versions actually, so if anyone wants to join the fun... ;)

You know, the professional gaming league has a $500,000 purse for counterstrike. Yes, it's *THAT* big.:jaw:

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
Anyone try battlefield 2 for PC? I heard it's nuts! Something like 64 person online battles.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Anyone try battlefield 2 for PC? I heard it's nuts! Something like 64 person online battles.
Need a GREAT video card for that one though... I have an ATi 9600XT, and it can just barely run the game... :blink:

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
Need a GREAT video card for that one though... I have an ATi 9600XT, and it can just barely run the game... :blink:

Yeah i bought it and I can't play it:nutkick:
New computer time, anyone know where theres some good deals.

Still can't get into BBB sent email requesst for password and nothing comes to me.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Yeah i bought it and I can't play it:nutkick:
New computer time, anyone know where theres some good deals.

Still can't get into BBB sent email requesst for password and nothing comes to me.
That's coz your email filters it as spam.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Need a GREAT video card for that one though... I have an ATi 9600XT, and it can just barely run the game...
What's your PC Grunt? You guys are making me jealous!! I have like 12 games I havent even touched yet for my Xbox and PS2...stupid real life 9-5 job BS:)

BV

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Just a AMD64 3000+ with 512mb ram and all-in-wonder 9600XT 128mb. Nothing fantastic, but then again I don't need the latest games to make me happy. I mostly watch movies, the web, and some music/ audio work on it.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Nope, i have a seperate folder and there is emails in it.
I get no response at all.
I said the same thing, then added the domain name to my "allow" list, and after that I got my password reset link just fine... ;)

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Just a AMD64 3000+ with 512mb ram and all-in-wonder 9600XT 128mb. Nothing fantastic, but then again I don't need the latest games to make me happy. I mostly watch movies, the web, and some music/ audio work on it.
I will start a "Help the Grunt get upgraded" campaign :icon_lol:

I donate 2x 512 Corsair PC3200 and a 3200+ the runs 275fsb

Come on guys give till it hurts! :rofl:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I will start a "Help the Grunt get upgraded" campaign

I donate 2x 512 Corsair PC3200 and a 3200+ the runs 275fsb

Come on guys give till it hurts!
Lol - howabout starting a BigVrunga upgrade campaign while you're at it!! Im still sporting an AMD XP 2600+ and a NVidia MX440 video card.:)

BV

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Just thought I'd tell everyone my system specs (awesome):

Mobo= Asus A8N-SLI (support for dual video cards, 4g RAM, socket 939)

AMD Athlon FX 3800+ dual core
2G RAM
256mb Geforce 7600 GT
250G hardrive + 80G hardrive
DVD RW

20'' widescreen HD "Ferrari" LCD display

And it was a crazy steal at only $1600 total. I got the guys to knock like $1000 off the original price. I'll be adding 2 more gigs of RAM and another video card soon. SHould be extra sweet.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
That's one badass system, Aeternititas!! Im going to be upgrading next year when the quad cores come out:) I think I may actually go dual-opteron for my next system...

Oh I forgot to mention that I am still using a 21" CRT monitor- Damn good thing I work out when it comes time move that beast around:)

BV

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
Just thought I'd tell everyone my system specs (awesome):

Mobo= Asus A8N-SLI (support for dual video cards, 4g RAM, socket 939)

AMD Athlon FX 3800+ dual core
2G RAM
256mb Geforce 7600 GT
250G hardrive
DVD RW

20'' widescreen HD "Ferrari" LCD display

And it was a crazy steal at only $1600 total. I got the guys to knock like $1000 off the original price.

I don't know much about computers but I know that 256mb Geforce 7600 GT is expensive. Where would you guys suggest getting a computer from.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Lol - howabout starting a BigVrunga upgrade campaign while you're at it!! Im still sporting an AMD XP 2600+ and a NVidia MX440 video card.:)

BV
Ouch! How about a "Bring BV outta da stoneage" campaign! :twisted:

Gotta learn to build um... turned a hobby into a small biz. Have to feed the "Silicon money Pit" somehow.

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
I just wanna play battle field 2. I own it but I can't play it. An I hate starcraft my friends told me to buy it and it works on my computer.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Ummm...

Opti 148 oc 2.9Ghz
DFI Ultra D
2 gig Gskill
7800 GT 256mg
2x80 raid 0 1x 160 HD
20" Dell Lcd
Logitech Z-5500

I got these for $225 shipped a month ago to replace the Klipsch and :twisted: My stereo has woofer envy!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121120
haha, RAID... nice! :)

I really need to change my RAM to 400mhz to take advantage of the AMD I'm running. I wasn't paying attention and the guys put 333 in there. Oh well, since they have a RAM exchange program it's not much extra money ouutta my pocket. I just can't wait till 64 bit computing becomes more widely supported with generic stuff. It's gonna be great!

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
That's one badass system, Aeternititas!! Im going to be upgrading next year when the quad cores come out:) I think I may actually go dual-opteron for my next system...

Oh I forgot to mention that I am still using a 21" CRT monitor- Damn good thing I work out when it comes time move that beast around:)

BV
Quad-core?? Holy shiat! lol

I was running a CRT but the thing was like 7 years old and starting to go dark. I never thought I'd find an LCD that performed so well but this Acer "Ferari" is incredible. I got $300 off the reg price cause I bought the floor model. ;)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I just wanna play battle field 2. I own it but I can't play it. An I hate starcraft my friends told me to buy it and it works on my computer.
Maybe if you post up what you have we can suggest a cheap upgrade path, or suggest what to get if you want to spend more serious money...

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
Maybe if you post up what you have we can suggest a cheap upgrade path, or suggest what to get if you want to spend more serious money...
It's just a HP PAVILION ZV5000

2.8ghz
kingston 640mb ram total
ati 9000igp
intel celeron R

I want to get a desktop but not sure which kind.

T

TexN343

Awards
I love Doom 3 and battlefield 2 both for the PC of course. SOgone if you are having trouble installing the patches uninstall everything like the registry and everything then install it in safe mode even the patches it's the only way I got it to work also. Doom 3 gets real hard and I continue to try and push my way thro without cheats....must resist the temptation. Cheats just spoil the game anyhow. Takes the fun out of it. If you get a new system get a mobo that has PCI-E video slots. And 1 gig is a min for ram with BF2 imo.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Injury / Rehab 0
J General Chat 11
Evan666 Supplement Logs 127
A Anabolics 1
UNCfan1 General Chat 112