Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Subway Worker Fired for Social Media Comments:

Subway restaurant worker fired after praising deaths of Mississippi officers | Fox News

A Mississippi Subway restaurant worker has been fired by the company after going on Facebook to praise the deaths of two officers who were shot and killed during a traffic stop Saturday night.

"Two police officers shot tonight in Hattiesburg. GOT EM," read a post by Sierra McCurdy, accompanied with a photo of her smiling in a Subway employee uniform and icons depicting handguns and laughter.

Another post said “Police take away innocent people lives everyday now & get away w/ it , f---- them . . . (no mercy),” according to the New York Daily News.

Four suspects have been arrested in the shootings of Benjamin Deen, 34, and Liquori Tate, 25.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
People are ignorant.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, I'm more shocked that she actually had a job.

And before says my comment was racist, i didn't even click link to see who it was. Just saying its an ignorant comment.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
And she's not alone.

Saw this around today, mostly in a negative light,
But was also shared and claimed to be sn unjustified act in firing her

When you represent a company, you're gone if you stir up controversy this deep

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You don't write stupid comments down and post them on the internet. People get fired all the time for this or it comes up when they go in for an interview at a job or school.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I had Facebook, I didn't have coworkers as friends, I never talked about work, I didn't let people know where I worked, and I sure as heck did not post while I was at work.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Ah people with their internet voices, not realising every cop is a different person (not all beat up people of other skin colors) and each have people who love them who are now missing them due to the actions of some other people.

To call her dismissal unjustified also shows that these people have zero conscience or understanding of peopld around them; I wouldnt employ these people either.