2 days no sleep...

• Thread starter ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
  • Start date

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Hey guys as the title reads I haven't slept in two days.....I have bad insomnia but for the last 2 weeks it has gotten worse....no extra stress or changes in eating.....what gives....and melatonin lost it's effects a long time ago.....any EFFECTIVE TIPS, not just drink hot milk or drink NYQUIL, doesn't work! Thanks....!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Damm I can't imagine what that must feel like :eek:

What was the highest melatonin dose you took ? If 3 mg don't put me to sleep in 30 min I'll take another 3 mg until I sleep, but that may be useless in your case. Might have to do Ambien in a worst case scenario. Good luck.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Go to the doc and have him run some tests. I know some people who take ambien and say it works rather well without the groggy feeling you get from most sleep aids. It's prescription so like I said talk to a doc because 2 days with no sleep is not good.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Damn bro I'm sorry to hear that. I knew you were having problems sleeping but i didn't know it was this serious. Definately get to a doc and see what's up.

Have you added any new supps to your arsenal.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
Have you added any new supps to your arsenal.
hope one of them isn't crystal meth .. because sometimes that can have that side effect ... ya know not sleeping ... for months at a time

if that's the case i say drop it and replace with .. i dunno ... creatine?

The Reporter

Awards
Go to a sleep doc and have him give you some Ambian. I got into a pattern of addiction on sleep drugs and tried to quit cold turkey and didn't sleep for 5 days, except for a few naps in the afternoon. It was utter misery. But the good thing was it broke me off my dependence on too many drugs. I was taking up to three different pills to sleep. Now I'm down to Ambian. I went to the Rocky Mountain Sleep Disorder Center and had all the sleep lab tests done. My doc said he can't figure it out. But taking Ambian is not too bad. I've been on it for five years and it can still get me to sleep.

My only problem is I don't have insurance, which is why I am also looking for an inexpensive place to get a full spectrum analysis of blood work...I have tried Ambien before like 2 or 3 times and the third time it didn't work....it was 5mgs....sometimes the 10 would do it but I don't have insurance like I said.....looking for natural stuff....I fell asleep finally but if I were to just sit up and watch TV I am sure I could have stayed up....scary....I didn't feel tired! I am scared I will be up tonight, pray for me guys! I feel like I am gonna die of.......INSOMNIA!

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
have you tried doing an hour's worth of cardio and then beating off? that would put me to bed for certain

Hugh_Heifer

Awards
dude, I feel your pain.
I have bouts with the same problem.

My doc gave me xanex to relax me but it barely works.
No insurance, go to the emergency room. let them bill you or call around and ask for cash prices to see a doc. I see one for 75 per month. (he doesn't take insurance)

If you don't do something soon it's going to get worse dude.
If you wanna talk feel free to email me bro.

Hugh

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
HealthTestsDirect is probably your best bet for inexpensive yet competent and fast blood work.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I have boughts of insomnia lately. It's been off an on for about 6 months now. What's worked for me is to bring my mp3 player to bed with me, and listen to it until I'm just about to pass out. I don't know your situation, but have you tried a different bed or room?

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I have had insomnia off and on but not as bad as you are getting it. Try taking 3 grams of GABA, 3 or more melatonin,and maybe some valerian root. Someone told me recently that taking 100 mg of 5-htp with GABA worked well but I haven't tried it. Also you might want to discontinue any thing with caffeine and or stimulant use if you are using any. You might also try meditating as well. Try downloading something from kazza or another share ware program.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
have you tried doing an hour's worth of cardio and then beating off? that would put me to bed for certain
lmao nothing puts you to sleep like straight jackin.lol

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Are you taking any juice or prohormones?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Rebound XT has my sleep whack...
Melatonin is a no no for me... sleep for 72hours..zzz...

cry0smate

cry0smate

The Chosen One
Awards
Damn bro I hope that this turns around for you soon. I can use melatonin here and there but it sometimes makes me a bit groggy. My problem is somewhat opposite. I have NO problem going to sleep, but I have major problems staying asleep. I'm PCTing right now from M1T cycle and I'm pretty sure that I went about week straight with 3-4 hours of sleep per night. I looked horrible, but things are slowly reverting back. Surprisingly, ZMA has helped me tremendously with sound sleep.

But on the other hand, the whole cardio/jack does the trick also LOL

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Neat dreams from ZMA. I get killed a lot but also kill a lot of people too. You know, the usual.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Good luck manika, I don't have that issue but it must suck.........

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I posted a while back that melatonin needs to be timed correctly according to your (possibly altered/messed up) diurnal rhythms. You run a risk of messing it up with melatonin supplementation also. I did sleep better but also woke up with that wooly headed feeling. I don't like melatonin and will use it very infrequently if at all.

Edit: Sleeping earlier by 10-10:30 went a long way to fixing my insomnia.

rippedtothebone

Awards
try phenibut it works better than any benzo i've ever tried.

Thanks guys.....yesterday I conked out at around 1 or 2 which was great even by my standards but as you can see in my post time it's 5:29....LOL! Keep the suggestions coming....I acually am scared to tell people how much melatonin I have taken....I might try gaba and phenibut and valerian root....just money is tight for me to be "experimenting" with things that don't work! No I am not on any cycle either! And I haven't tried an hour of cardio and then jackin but I doubt it would work because I have the sexual apetite equivalent to Homer Simpon and Eric Cartman's regular appetite combined! I actually think that I may have gone to sleep because earlier in the day I did have a "romp in the hay".....which as alll know your body feels much different (and happier) with actual sex instead of Jacking! Could this some how be related...? No sex today, lack of sleep....! I REALLY wanna say THANK YOU to all that have contributed to this thread and to those that offered for me to email them (actually please post your email so I can email you. My email is in my sig! I am willing to trade my Pre-BAN stash for a good weeks sleep!!!!!!!! I haven't had one in years! I was never the guy that had to "TRY" to stay up all night, all I had to do was sit up! Thanks guys...if I don't post for the next few days it will be because I am dead from INSOMNIA! Hey Sledge don't you have a REALLY bad insomnia! Please post bro.....I will give you back some of your PH's for some of your sleep meds LOL! It's 5:37, O GOD!

Forster

Forster

Board Supporter
Awards
Only thing i can add is, i had something close couple years ago to this but i think it was stress related.

I found doing 1 1/2 hr's of medium cardio after supper then going to bed at 9pm with all lights off and ear plugs in helped.
Ii also took 50mg zinc and some valerian root unsure what helped the most. After 4 days of this my sleep pattern was normal again.

G'luck with it

wheystation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
A doctor once told me that you need to wait until you are exhausted before you can even think about going to your bed - take the TV, Radio out of the room you sleep in and only use the bed for sleep. Get in bed - if, after 15 minutes, you are still awake, get up - leave that room - read for 15 minutes and try again......something about your body making that adjustment of only using the bed to sleep - it establishes some kind of natural sequence in your brain - I know that they say l-tryptophan is no good - but it sure does work wonders and turkey is full of it - so tired at Thanksgiving.....good luck

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
A doctor once told me that you need to wait until you are exhausted before you can even think about going to your bed - take the TV, Radio out of the room you sleep in and only use the bed for sleep. Get in bed - if, after 15 minutes, you are still awake, get up - leave that room - read for 15 minutes and try again
True, and good advice.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
it's very true that you shouldn't do anything in ur room but sleep, but I can't do that cuz my room is my basement! It sucks!
If you want Maniak I can give you my g/f's phone number and she will talk u to sleep! :p
works for me every night!

knox

Awards
  • Established
it's very true that you shouldn't do anything in ur room but sleep, but I can't do that cuz my room is my basement! It sucks!
If you want Maniak I can give you my g/f's phone number and she will talk u to sleep! :p
works for me every night!
well ****, i don't have sleeping problems but i'll still talk to your girl before i go to bed!;) ..hehe..j/k......but seriously--i will.:D lol

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
try phenibut combined w/ benedryl-it works for me

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
higher doses of magnesium have relaxant affects, try around 500mg-1000mg 30 mins before bed.. works well

yeah, meditation i highly recommend, also, when i really really cant sleep but need to, i lay in bed and count breaths.. take in a 4 count breath (count to 4) breathe deep into your stomach, hold it for a 2 count, then release for a 4 count, wait a 2 count, count 1 rep (increase with each breath to 10 then start again)repeat,

I garauntee, that after a while you will wake up and your last thought will be counting breaths, i hate using it because its boring and monotonous, but damn does it work like a charm

Thanks, I have tried Magnesium in that range and it didn't do squat! I am gonna die awake LOL!

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i tried Magnesium at 1 gram about 20 minutes before bed last night. I wasn't any more tired than usual, it didn't really help me fall asleep. I did, however, have a much better sleep. I woke up ready to face the day!
Normally I am a bum and will go an hour late to work or school because I'm so tired. Even when I wake up I have to draggggg myself out of bed and I don't really wake up and get going till i get to school or work. I have tried L-ornithine for a "better" sleep, but I didn't notice anything.
Oh well, maybe its just me posting on AM.com till 4:30AM and messing up my sleep schedule that makes me an insomniac.