Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My wife is watching that as I am on the board right now ??????????????? I don't understand But I also believe that we all have the right to do with our bodies as we please. just a note if I had Bobbie's I would stay home and play with them all day!!

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
My wife is watching that as I am on the board right now ??????????????? I don't understand But I also believe that we all have the right to do with our bodies as we please. just a note if I had Bobbie's I would stay home and play with them all day!!
Agree... Especially about the boobie part. :)

st@ylifting

Awards
Hes a fool but we all have the right to do whatever we want its just crazy he waited so long to finally do that **** personally I would rather stay the same but the world is lost nowadays

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He's beat the Kardashians at their own game. Sadly he's more attractive then all of them.BBkxvbq.jpg

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really don't mind it. I can see why he waited so long, America is just now becoming more acceptable to that community.

I know my views being so close to cities like Chicago, Milwaukee, and Madison vary greatly from my family down in North Carolina.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I say good for him. You can't help what you feel and that's how he feels. It's just strange because most people are not familiar with that scenario, which doesn't mean it's wrong and who's to say otherwise? Everyone deserves to be happy and if that's what makes him happy, good for him. The world would be a better place if more people were happy, as it makes for a better quality of life and in turn makes for healthier choices.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
Just to add, he's a great father from what I've seen on the show and his kids have nothing but love for him. I'm sure that alone has him/her feeling fulfilled as a parent.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I say good for him. You can't help what you feel and that's how he feels. It's just strange because most people are not familiar with that scenario, which doesn't mean it's wrong and who's to say otherwise? Everyone deserves to be happy and if that's what makes him happy, good for him. The world would be a better place if more people were happy, as it makes for a better quality of life and in turn makes for healthier choices.
I agree. It doesnt hurt me so I really dont care. If hes happy, then good for him.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
Well said jiigzz. All the issues in the world and this is of no concern to me.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I couldn't care less because there's more important things going on in the world.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
I must confess I was kind of obsessed with that show. not anymore lol

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ESPN want to give him the Author Ash award for courage!

Social media and parts of society want us to celebrate this?!

Isn't being heterosexual courageous and worthy of being celebrated?

Black is white and truth are lies and we all want to let people just "be happy". :D

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
ESPN want to give him the Author Ash award for courage!

Social media and parts of society want us to celebrate this?!

Isn't being heterosexual courageous and worthy of being celebrated?

Black is white and truth are lies and we all want to let people just "be happy". :D
The way I see it is that he wasn't happy in his body, this makes him happy. He doesn't deserve a medal, acclamation, awards, celebration etc for a personal decision. I get that his influence has the capability to help others who might be struggling with their identity, but I could really care less.

To me its good he is happy. That's it.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stand for something or fall for anything.

Tolerance is overrated. Acceptance is not cause for celebration.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I say whatever. If that is what his choice is and what he felt he was all along, then good for him. I personally am not in the camp of how brave and beautiful she is because well, it looks like a dude with makeup on and how this makes you "brave" I don't know. I have a number of gay friends that don't have any social backing or a fan base that I think are much braver than her.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The way I see it is that he wasn't happy in his body, this makes him happy. He doesn't deserve a medal, acclamation, awards, celebration etc for a personal decision. I get that his influence has the capability to help others who might be struggling with their identity, but I could really care less.

To me its good he is happy. That's it.
Well said!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Whats sad is the media and progressives want you to think this is so mainstream and there are sooooo many people out there like Bruce. The problem is its just not true. If Bruce is considered normal, guess who gets the radical extremist label? The majority of Americans that don't agree with what he's doing.

Here's an interesting little article on how this little societal experiment began long ago.
http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2015/04/14905/

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whats sad is the media and progressives want you to think this is so mainstream and there are sooooo many people out there like Bruce. The problem is its just not true. If Bruce is considered normal, guess who gets the radical extremist label? The majority of Americans that don't agree with what he's doing.

Here's an interesting little article on how this little societal experiment began long ago.
Really good article. I've seen the documentary about the twins. It was extremely sad.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

"The surgery fixed nothing—it only masked and exacerbated deeper psychological problems.The surgery fixed nothing—it only masked and exacerbated deeper psychological problems."

The whole LGBT movement is very dangerous to our youth. It makes it a choice to act out on an inclination. Then that inclination can become a lifestyle because society says it's OK.

The whole "born that way" cop out is also dangerous.

I was born an alcoholic. I was born a pedophile. I was born a murderer. Yet the "born that way" doesn't apply.

All harm others. Acting out on our slanted inclinations is the problem. The inclination may come normally but many do that should never be acted upon.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

"The surgery fixed nothing—it only masked and exacerbated deeper psychological problems."

The whole LGBT movement is very dangerous to our youth. It makes it a choice to act out on an inclination. Then that inclination can become a lifestyle because society says it's OK.

I was born an alcoholic. I was born a pedophile. I was born a murderer. Yet the "born that way" doesn't apply in these instances.

All (including LGBT) harm others. Acting out on our slanted inclinations is the problem. The inclination may come naturally but consider that many do that should never be acted upon.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yikes. Sorry, just can't get behind that mindset and feel that it is pretty extreme to call it "very dangerous" to the youth.

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
I'll keep my views on it all to myself. But I really feel we have bigger issues that should be main focus. President just declared June LGBT month and I feel that stuff like taking better care of our veterans is more important.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yikes. Sorry, just can't get behind that mindset and feel that it is pretty extreme to call it "very dangerous" to the youth.
Lets see how this works out for kids over the next 30 years of same sex parents. It takes more than "happiness" and "love" to raise and model well developed functional adult.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A fitting quote from John Wesley: 'What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace'

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
What exactly makes him more "courageous" although I don't feel that word is fitting. Than any other person making a transition? Funny how this is news and the riots are now gone

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A fitting quote from John Wesley: 'What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace'
the bar keeps lowering and further devolving this species.

Just let everyone be happy :D

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
That can be both a good or bad thing lol

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Lets see how this works out for kids over the next 30 years of same sex parents. It takes more than "happiness" and "love" to raise and model well developed functional adult.
I was raised by same sex parents. Honestly I don't see the difference when I hang out with friends and their parents. Good parenting has no sexual orientation.

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"The surgery fixed nothing—it only masked and exacerbated deeper psychological problems."

I was born an alcoholic. I was born a pedophile. I was born a murderer. Yet the "born that way" doesn't apply in these instances.

All (including LGBT) harm others. Acting out on our slanted inclinations is the problem. The inclination may come naturally but consider that many do that should never be acted upon.
How does being lesbian or gay harm others? That's ridiculous.

Obviously you don't agree with what Bruce has done, but are you seriously equating it to being a drug addict, pedophile, or murderer?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I find so much too funny about this threads responses. A fat sedentary and "happy" lifestyle would be mocked here yet counter created orientation and self mutilation resignment "happy" lifestyles should be celebrated.

The new query (punn intended) I have is does Caitlyn need annual mammograms and does he need prostate exams or PAP smears? :D

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I guess my question is why you seem to care so much about what someone else does that has no bearing on you and what you choose. I am not for "celebration" of any of these choices, but do not see why you seem to be trying to stir the pot.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This PC tolerance and acceptance culture that we are evolving into is very shortsighted and will have many negative ramifications in the future.

I don't have to have the same values or tolerance and acceptance that others have and I am entitle to state such every day of the week.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Who said you couldn't- let's not be dramatic. You just seem to be pretty involved about a pretty non issue.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Non issue?! These are major issues! Passivity is even more dangerous.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
So passivity towards an individual using entirely legal means to improve their happiness and quality of life is more dangerous than the slandering and disregard for an entire subsection of our population?

We all have different values, and are entitled to keep them, but what makes your values and beliefs any more important than anyone else's besides them being your own?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So passivity towards an individual using entirely legal means to improve their happiness and quality of life is more dangerous than the slandering and disregard for an entire subsection of our population?

We all have different values, and are entitled to keep them, but what makes your values and beliefs any more important than anyone else's besides them being your own?
Where did he slander and disregard anyone?. Also for the second part I could ask you the same thing, and when did he say his values and beliefs were more important?.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh it goes beyond that. Mr Dunn would like us to believe that tolerance and acceptance is actually a bad thing and that it is going to be a big problem in the future. Because intolerance and hate has served us so well and is what we want to continue. Hey, when you don't agree just spew doomsday hyperbole.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'll keep my views on it all to myself. But I really feel we have bigger issues that should be main focus. President just declared June LGBT month and I feel that stuff like taking better care of our veterans is more important.
yup and obama also cut benefits to our service men and women-the ones we should be celebrating are taking a beating at the hands of obama, while we celebrate gay and lesbianism!!!
i really feel there will be a price to pay for this anything goes society we have become!!!

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
To say acceptance of this choice and belief system devolves society sure seems slanderous to me. Calling it acting on impulse also reduces it to something like a tattoo as opposed to a lifelong internal struggle to find happiness and acceptance.

He didn't say they were any more important, but implying the other point of view is ruining society sure makes it seem like a right versus wrong add opposed to open minded discussion.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

whats going to be legal next? Legal doesn't mean I have to value it or agree.

"Subsection" of our population? And I'm slandering?

I never said my values or beliefs were more "important" that any one else's. I would call them contrary at the least.

Again...lets just make everything permissible so everyone can be "happy"?

Permissible and advisable are not the same. One day soon it will cross your line of values Tolerance and acceptance if indeed there is anyone left that has a line that can get crossed.

All it takes for evil to prevail is good men to stand by and do or say nothing. The number of them is declining rapidly.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh it goes beyond that. Mr Dunn would like us to believe that tolerance and acceptance is actually a bad thing and that it is going to be a big problem in the future. Because intolerance and hate has served us so well and is what we want to continue. Hey, when you don't agree just spew doomsday hyperbole.
theres a time to tolerate and accept and a time to rebuke and condemn. There's a time to love and a time to hate.

Our society has lost its barometer.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
To say acceptance of this choice and belief system devolves society sure seems slanderous to me. Calling it acting on impulse also reduces it to something like a tattoo as opposed to a lifelong internal struggle to find happiness and acceptance.

He didn't say they were any more important, but implying the other point of view is ruining society sure makes it seem like a right versus wrong add opposed to open minded discussion.
acceptance is one thing, approval is quite another. i can accept the fact that there are many behaviors that i personally don't approve of, if i choose to believe a free for all lifestyle is bad for this country that is my choice. are you going to deny me that choice just because anything goes happens to be popular at the moment?

my mother always taught me that just because something is popular doesn't make it right!!!

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
I completely agree with everything you said bigt. Nobody was pushing for approval. I actually agree that it doesn't need to be celebrated. However, you're allowing for acceptance while Mr. Dunn clearly stated that tolerance, not agreement or celebration, was overrated. I would argue being tolerant of other humans and trying to help/understand them is far more beneficial to not only them, but society as a whole.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I completely agree with everything you said bigt. Nobody was pushing for approval. I actually agree that it doesn't need to be celebrated. However, you're allowing for acceptance while Mr. Dunn clearly stated that tolerance, not agreement or celebration, was overrated. I would argue being tolerant of other humans and trying to help/understand them is far more beneficial to not only them, but society as a whole.
it would cause me to go insane if i didn't acknowledge that behavior i am not going to approve of is going to exist....young people have always tried to be radical, it is the nature of things. it is also the nature of things for older adults to uphold standards and values....i don't blame the younger generation for wanting to be rebellious and change things....i blame the mess this country is in on my generation for not accepting our responsibilty as the standardbearers and maintaining the order of things the way our parents did and their parents before them.....

baby boomers of which i am one have totally failed this country, imo.

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it would cause me to go insane if i didn't acknowledge that behavior i am not going to approve of is going to exist....young people have always tried to be radical, it is the nature of things. it is also the nature of things for older adults to uphold standards and values....i don't blame the younger generation for wanting to be rebellious and change things....i blame the mess this country is in on my generation for not accepting our responsibilty as the standardbearers and maintaining the order of things the way our parents did and their parents before them.....

baby boomers of which i am one have totally failed this country, imo.
It is, generally, the nature of the older generation to be averse to change. This is no different than the civil rights movement. The younger generation is more willing to accept a person without regard to race, gender, or sexual orientation.

And you're right on with your previous post. It has taken over 2,000 years and full human rights is just now becoming popular.