Pope John Paul II

sourinthemind

Awards
As most of you may know, the Pope died today. I for one will morn the passing of a wonderful human being and a generous and giving Pope. He did a lot to advance the church and humanity. RIP Pope John Paul II.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I second that he was a great man and a one of the best popes in history. God bless him

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Not too big on Catholicism and the political crap in the church these days, nevertheless, bless John Paul. He put in a lot of work in his calling and fought 'till the end. That's all God asks is that we give him our best. He's hangin' with the Big Guy right now and in a MUCH better presence of pure joy.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
RIP John Paul II
God Bless John Paul II

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
Not too big on Catholicism and the political crap in the church these days, nevertheless, bless John Paul. He put in a lot of work in his calling and fought 'till the end. That's all God asks is that we give him our best. He's hangin' with the Big Guy right now and in a MUCH better presence of pure joy.
Bump for that Doc. He was a good man and a good pope (the only one I've ever known) and although there are many things that happened on his watch in the Vatican, many good things also came out of the very same place. He may have died, but he is now in the presence of the Almighty and no longer suffering on earth. Vaya con Dios John Paul.

cry0smate

cry0smate

The Chosen One
Awards
Even though I have several issues with Catholicism, that doesn’t change the fact that John Paul II was a great man. May he rest in peace.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I agree totally with this.

ChemicalD

Have you seen my stapler???
Awards
He's getting his well-deserved heavenly reward for sacrificing so much on this earth. God bless Pope John Paul II, all catholics, and all of God's people (that includes you too).

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I'm not much on religion, but it is sad to see a guy like this go. He seemed to be a genuinely good person who did a lot of good in this world from a position of power. Especially a lot of reaching out a reconcilatory efforts with groups that were traditionally at odds with the Catholic church. I don't get moved easily by the deaths of famous people, but this one is definitely getting to me. People can learn a lot from his life and how he conducted himself. I'm looking for a collection of his encyclicals so I can give them a read.

sourinthemind

Awards
One of the blessings that we can all take away from great spiritual leaders such as Pope John Paul II is the inspirational way in which some people have chosen to live. Some live a life of self sacrafice and service toward others (although sometimes misdirected). We may not agree with the institutions that these individuals are apart of, but we can hopfully agree that the most important thing to remember is that the valiant and inspirational tone of each of thier lives was in their effort and not in thier outcome. Sometimes all we need to do is try. The rest takes care of itself.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
One of the blessings that we can all take away from great spiritual leaders such as Pope John Paul II is the inspirational way in which some people have chosen to live. Some live a life of self sacrafice and service toward others (although sometimes misdirected). We may not agree with the institutions that these individuals are apart of, but we can hopfully agree that the most important thing to remember is that the valiant and inspirational tone of each of thier lives was in their effort and not in thier outcome. Sometimes all we need to do is try. The rest takes care of itself.
Amen. I still see good men, like the Pope, and it keeps me going. Sometimes it's a kid in the drive-though window of a fast food place, or someone you would not expect is my point, and something inside me just swells with strength and humility. It's for these remaining good men that I will never quit even until the very end. We are not alone, those of us who caught an interest in this thread. We must serve and focus on the eternal, because this little life means nothing in the longrun. We all die and all that remains is the honor we accumulated by serving our brothers and touching those around us that would have been otherwise neglected. God bless all men who love God and stay strong! Spread the word because the world needs it.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
With his passing, earth won't be quite as bright. So much love...

Polish_Oak

Board Supporter
Awards
bump,
he'll is greatly missed in the polish communitys all over Brooklyn and all over the world

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
May his soul rest in peace. He's achieved more than any other pope, he has broken many barriers and has showed respect to all the other faiths. Truely one of a kind.