Votes: 10 4.5%
  • No, that's gay.

Votes: 61 27.7%

• Total voters

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was just interested in knowing how many guys wax/shave their bodies?
I was thinking about shaving my arms/legs for the summer.
I wanted to know if people like it or are against it?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Just chest, back and shoulders. I am thinking about getting laser, but it is so damn expensive. Shaving sucks, but so does getting ripped and not being able to see it. I am not at my peak right now, but I just did a cut, before which I hadn't been shaving. My girl made fun of me when I said I was going to shave my chest, but once I did she was in awe. She started pulling up my shirt to show her friends. I take this as a sign that I shoud keep removing it when cut. Now I just have to find an inexpensive laser removal place.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I answered no, but I do keep back and shoulder hair in check just because too many women have said they find it unattractive. Personally I don't know how seeing a guy like me who is a shag rug over most of his body with a hairless back and shoulders isn't disorientating though. If I'm lying on my stomach I look like a teenager, if i'm lying on my back you expect to see Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner hacking their way across my body with a machete. The contrast baffles me, but women seem to like it for some reason.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
From a girl's point of view, shaving is sexy, and ohhhhhhhh so yummy!!!!! of course that's on the right guy..........

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Even on the "wrong" person it looks better. No joke...something about humans looking like apes just rubs me the wrong way....

Only places I've got hair are: armpits, head, and arms :) (I know, I know...arms, right? LOL)

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

I shave everything except forarms.....sounds weird but the only place I consider "GAY" lol. I usually shave a lot more in the summer and spring and periodically in the winter and fall!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Wow...i thought I was the only one maniak :thumbsup:

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
All this talk of shaving.....IT IS HOT IN HERE :)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hair is a sign of masculinty. Its what makes a man a man. Think about it, when an adolescent goes through puberty they start to get body hair because of the increased testosterone. Take away the hair and your a female with a penis, or a little boy!.

Hair is a sign of masculinty. Its what makes a man a man. Think about it, when an adolescent goes through puberty they start to get body hair because of the increased testosterone. Take away the hair and your a female with a penis, or a little boy!.
In other words you are Michael Jackson! :rofl:
And Kwyk it's hot in here because of the M man, me!

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I think the penis has a lot more to do with a man being a man than hair. Some guys naturally have almost no body hair. Does that make them feminine? I don't think so. Are you suggesting that Ronnie Coleman is a female with a penis b/c he removes his body hair to reveal the sculpture he has made of himself?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the penis has a lot more to do with a man being a man than hair. Some guys naturally have almost no body hair. Does that make them feminine? I don't think so. Are you suggesting that Ronnie Coleman is a female with a penis b/c he removes his body hair to reveal the sculpture he has made of himself?
No I'm not suggesting that at all. It would be different if its for a bodybuilding competition. You mis-understood my post. Yes if a guy naturally has less body hair, then he is either not fully developed yet as a man or yes he is indeed more feminine than others. The second part of my answer is just my opinion so don't get all bent out of shape.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Yes, yes, I agree.....as a hairy man I tend to believe I'm harry b/c I'm more manly than the rest :p Hahahaha.

I guess I am a "GURRLY" man since I don't grow much hair! :(

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'm man enough to say the only body hair I have is on my calves, forarms, and arm pits.

dito

Awards
  • Established
I don't shave it down all the way. I just use the clippers without the guard. I've tried nair and this epilator thing. Neither works very well. Next step is waxing.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I don't shave it down all the way. I just use the clippers without the guard. I've tried nair and this epilator thing. Neither works very well. Next step is waxing.
Same here....but, I did use this one "nair like" product that when used for 2x as long as the bottle directions say to, and some good scrubbing, works well.

I've got sensitive skin, so I can't "shave" many places.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
LOL...U don't understand...it's "really" sensitive. I've hit about all 360 degrees shaving and none of the angles work. W/ the grain was the first one I tried....but, thanks :thumbsup:

I think I'm going to have to get one of those electric razors...

breaking news: I decided that since 99% of my body was clipped, I took the clippers to my arms as well :D

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i think in another few weeks i'm gonna shave my arms, shoulders, chest...just to see how it looks.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
i think in another few weeks i'm gonna shave my arms, shoulders, chest...just to see how it looks.
Depending on how hairy you are, you will probably see a huge difference. My chest and abs are pretty hairy, but even the difference from clipper w/ 1/8inch attachment to bic is huge.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't clipping it that short leave it all pointy and stubbly?

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
Shaving is a bad idea for me at least.....doesnt last at all....

Jan Tanna is good stuff, but I dont like it for everything....

Waxing is the best IMO....but expensive as hell....

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i make sure my upper body is relatively hair free, but i don't touch my legs until contest time ... just too much work

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ok.. lets get to the nitty gritty of things.

How the **** ya'll shave the back?

I ain't that bendy and a razor afixed to a stick don't sound like a good idea either.

I always felt weird asking my g/fs to shave for me. lol

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
nair and a spatula
Uhh.. I dunno about that. I tried nair once and only once. It fucking burned my shoulders.

Seriously.. red, scac burning!

Took like two weeks to heal lol

So I'm a little gun shy now

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I tried Nair once...I'll *NEVER* put that stuff on my skin again.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
eh doesn't bother me at all i definitely do not have sensitive skin though

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I tried Nair once...I'll *NEVER* put that stuff on my skin again.
I used nair...it was fine everywhere and worked decent enough--EXCEPT, I wasn't thinking with a clear head and had it on my nipples :eek: It hurt to wear a shirt for a while after that, LOLOLOL.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I used nair...it was fine everywhere and worked decent enough--EXCEPT, I wasn't thinking with a clear head and had it on my nipples :eek: It hurt to wear a shirt for a while after that, LOLOLOL.
Bro, I am beginning to think it might just be your S&M side coming out again. The sunburn, indulging in back pumps:think: WTF, a 1 month recovery from a sunburn. *insert freak smilie*
:icon_lol:

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have my girlfriend wax my back. Strangely, she enjoys doing it. To her it's kind of a bonding thing and she gets excited to do it every time.

I've tried waxing pretty much everywhere, but to me, it's not worth the pain. I did it myself, and it takes a couple hours to get everything. The whole time I'd be in intense pain. Way too much trouble, especially considering that in 4 weeks you have to do it all over again.

Nair burns like hell. Can't use it.

My skin is too sensitive for shaving as well. I just can't shave my body.

I use an electric razor and zip it down to stubble about once every 2 weeks. It takes about 15 minutes to do my entire body. It gives me a clean look, long enough to feel soft, but short enough to look hair-free. And it doesn't give me razor burn or require torture sessions or cost me any money.

I also shave my head. I'm 23, developed a bald spot at the age of 22, just like every male on my mother's side. So I woke up one morning and said, "this hair has got to go".

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I actually just started shaving my body as well. Well, some parts. I've never really been all that hairy until I started using test. THat **** made a man outa me...lol. I started getting that upper back and neck hair. Real bad on the chest and real bad on the stomach. And then on my shoulders and triceps, I get these real long, black, nasty, looking things. It's not even thick...it;s like 15 of them all spaced out....nasty. I'm 100% dego, so I guess I was probably prone to it.

So starting about a month ago, (I've only shaved this once) I shave my upper back/neck, my stomach, my chest, tops/sides of shoulders/tri's, and that's it. For some reason, my forearms never got any hair though...well, not much anyways. I don't shave the legs either.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
I have my girlfriend wax my back. Strangely, she enjoys doing it. To her it's kind of a bonding thing and she gets excited to do it every time.

I've tried waxing pretty much everywhere, but to me, it's not worth the pain. I did it myself, and it takes a couple hours to get everything. The whole time I'd be in intense pain. Way too much trouble, especially considering that in 4 weeks you have to do it all over again.

Nair burns like hell. Can't use it.

My skin is too sensitive for shaving as well. I just can't shave my body.

I use an electric razor and zip it down to stubble about once every 2 weeks. It takes about 15 minutes to do my entire body. It gives me a clean look, long enough to feel soft, but short enough to look hair-free. And it doesn't give me razor burn or require torture sessions or cost me any money.

I also shave my head. I'm 23, developed a bald spot at the age of 22, just like every male on my mother's side. So I woke up one morning and said, "this hair has got to go".
What type of waxing kit do you use. I know there's a difference in quality between what you get a walmart and what they use professionally.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
For those that shave, what do you use to get rid of ingrown hairs. I shave my arms and chest w/no problems but recently shaved my entire stomach and have got a nasty case of ingrown hairs below my belly button. It's really gross looking. Anything I can use to get rid of this?

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What type of waxing kit do you use. I know there's a difference in quality between what you get a walmart and what they use professionally.

Well... The first time I ever waxed myself I used a sugar wax kit. That was the worst thing ever. It made me bleed, and even applying that sticky goop was horrendously painful.

I used the sugar kind to avoid being seen by my roommates heating up wax. Waxing one's entire body would have been seen as weird by their standards. Weird enough to make things uncomfortable around the house.

Next I moved up to the kind you can microwave. That was ok. Much better than the sugar wax. I didn't see any reason not to continue using it, except that you have to remicrowave it every once and awhile, (which forced me to go back and forth to kitchen, tempting fate with being weird again).

My girlfriend, who said she always wanted her own waxing kit, went out and ordered one, mainly for me. She ordered it from a catalog. It came with it's own heating element and eveything. It's pretty nice, but I'm not sure the wax is any different than the kind that came in the microwaveable kit.

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
For those that shave, what do you use to get rid of ingrown hairs. I shave my arms and chest w/no problems but recently shaved my entire stomach and have got a nasty case of ingrown hairs below my belly button. It's really gross looking. Anything I can use to get rid of this?

I have never found a solution to ingrown hairs. I get bad ingrowns AND razor burn, and I've concluded that I simply can't shave most parts of my body. I just can't do it. There isn't a magic cream or technique that makes it better.

The only solution I've come up with, which is a compromise from shaving, is to use an electric of some type and bring it down to a stubble. That way you can keep it clean looking without dealing with skin irritation, or ingrowns, or second day stubble.

It's pretty easy to zip it down close again once a week or so. I just stand in the shower stall to do it and there isn't any clean up. It takes ten minutes to do my entire body.

I'd imagine that if you competed, which I don't, you could for that one time, either have a professional wax you, or shave it the morning of competition and deal with the consequences later.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I've tried shaving, and get too many ingrown hairs. Also, the stubble sucks if you don't keep up with it. I just shave my sack area for obvious reasons. ;)

I've tried waxing. My wife volunteered to do it for me. That **** freakin' hurts too much. So...F' that!

I just crop it using my electric trimmer. No ingrown hairs, but still get some stubble that is bothersome while sleeping at times.

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
Beowulf....

Thats a shitload of cash for a product if it doesnt work well....and I mean REALLY well...

However, I will say I would do anything to get rid of ingrowns....like Sticks I get it really bad on my abs and stomach area....anyone else used this product?

O14

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
so after reading all this i used an electronic razor and took off all the hair on my entire upper body.
I wasn't planning on it, but i started then got a little trigger happy.
it looks pretty cool though, i'm definitely gonna keep it this way. gonna do the legs soon too.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was thinking here.

If you combined the electronic razor to get the hair really really short then you could wax the rest off. It shouldn't hurt nearly AS much.

What do people think?

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking here.

If you combined the electronic razor to get the hair really really short then you could wax the rest off. It shouldn't hurt nearly AS much.

What do people think?
I dont think the wax would attach well...it needs more hair to hold onto to pull out I would think...

Waxing doesn't hurt that much....its just really fucking expensive...