Is this LIFE or ADD?

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I have a question for you all.

Sometimes I get into these very productive periods (which I have been good about getting done what needs to get done) but in the meantime I have been thinking a lot.

Is this all there is to life?

When I was younger (growing up) I always thought, 'man, when I grow up and get out of this small town I am going to do it all'. Which, in a way, I kind of have.

I have my own business (still growing) and that has taken time and effort, I have friends, I have all of the things most people always strive for however, at the end of the day I still think, 'all of this just for money'?

I feel like what we do in life revolves around money (and people to an extent) but mostly around money.

Everyone always says, do what you want to do, not for the money but, for something you love. Quite frankly, I feel its an invested self interest to love money and that's the path I should be following lol.

Don't get me wrong I take nothing that I have for granted and I am very grateful for the things, and people I have in my life but it's almost like I am asking myself, what is even the point?

It's not a suicidal thought or anything like that, I just can't help but laugh at or even take people serious anymore. Its almost as if I have suprassed the normal realm of thinking and graduated into the, 'oh ****, now what the hell do I do'?

I'm an adventure seeker, I love new things, I need to experience life though pictures and fun, not dull text and boring moments. Its truly sad that our society has been built around this mental machine (credits to Elliot Hulse) and so many people do things for what benefits them the most.

I guess this has been more of a rant than anything, lol. No real questions here just philosophical ideas and wonders. Why don't the small things matter to me? I am not sure. Slowly the big things are starting to unravel as well.

Its crazy, when I was 18 I had it all figured out, now that I am 25, the way I view the world is almost another dimension.

I don't know, its almost like I have hit a crossroads and in a way I am getting excited again because I have no idea where these paths are going to take me...

Anyways, thanks to anyone who reads this whole message haha.

Have a good one all.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't have the time to write what I'd like to right now, but your thoughts sound like some of what mine were.

I grew up in the music industry because of my mother's role in it (don't bother asking), and was a natural talent at just about any instrument I played.

I settled on guitar and bass and was in a bunch of bands. Eventually I worked my mom's connections enough to get in a band that was pretty damn successful.

Enter the root of all evil: money! I didn't have much choice except to force myself to become an entrepreneur at a young age.

Just to afford to be able to tour with my band, I made a small investment and started a record label to put out other local bands' material on. This was the punk/hardcore scene in the early- to mid-90s so I am sure the world has changed since then. I only charged a dollar over cost for each tape, 7", or CD I sold. Tshirts and stickers were the largest profit margin. I learned how to screen print and made a killing with those. But I was still selling other peoples' music just to be able to finance my own band, which was not ideal.

Eventually all of my efforts paid off. I guess the rest is history. I left the music industry over ten years ago, though, to pursue a different career path.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm not the best with words and explaining my thoughts but yes, life can seem pretty meaningless. All I can tell you is there is one thing in my life that gives me hope that there is so much more than the mundane craziness that this life seems to bring! I don't know if you're a follower of Christ but I can tell you that life now is just a very small portion of our time...there is so much more coming. Knowing that I will spend eternity in heaven with God makes it all worth it!!

http://www.openbible.info/topics/living_without_god

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I'm not the best with words and explaining my thoughts but yes, life can seem pretty meaningless. All I can tell you is there is one thing in my life that gives me hope that there is so much more than the mundane craziness that this life seems to bring! I don't know if you're a follower of Christ but I can tell you that life now is just a very small portion of our time...there is so much more coming. Knowing that I will spend eternity in heaven with God makes it all worth it!!

http://www.openbible.info/topics/living_without_god
Way late on this but I have been thinking about it a lot. Thanks Kat!