Any advice welcome

karl144

karl144

Awards
I've been training for three months now and I just wanted your opinion on how you think I'm doing, i am really skinny so I joined a 24 hour gym and normally go around 2am when it's quiet, I try to eat well and drink plenty of water and I put my best effort into my training.
The problem is I can't tell if I'm improving my overall physique as this is what I'm trying to achieve? Any advice is helpful, please delete this if its inapropriate, thanks Karl

Attachments

Johnson3434

Johnson3434

Awards
I've been training for three months now and I just wanted your opinion on how you think I'm doing, i am really skinny so I joined a 24 hour gym and normally go around 2am when it's quiet, I try to eat well and drink plenty of water and I put my best effort into my training.
The problem is I can't tell if I'm improving my overall physique as this is what I'm trying to achieve? Any advice is helpful, please delete this if its inapropriate, thanks Karl
If you are skinny and want to put on muscle you have to lift heavy and eat a lot... you should keep track of your gains... write down how much u bench curl ect. And after a month see how much youve gained... also if you are gaining muscle you should be gaining weight... lift heavy eat a high protein diet and get plenty of sleep... what do yoh typically eat everyday

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Your shoulders seem to be cut up a little better, your bis are popping more, and your lats seem to stick out more than your first pic. Are you working legs? Doing all the big lifts, squats, bench, deads ? And as said above you need to eat, and eat, and eat. Your waist is slightly bigger,but you have to be in a calorie surplus to gain, which means you may put on a bit of fat, or more if your diet gets to out of control.

karl144

karl144

Awards
So I got a personal trainer, well he's actually my friend from work, we're now going gym 5 days a week with 2 rest days covering all areas of the body, I'm really pleased ive kept it up as i think im starting to see small signs of improvement, I am definitely getting stronger anyway, I can squat 90kg 8x4 , bench press 100kg 8x4, i will report back with more progress soon, thanks for your advice and friendliness

karl144

karl144

Awards
This is how I've changed since starting training, I'm now enjoying going, im still only doing compound exercises (squats, deadlifts and bench). I got a hamstring injury so I wasn't able to do ANY cardio for three weeks, but I'm slowly getting back into training now. Sorry if nobody's interested ;)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doing well! Keep it up.

IMO your legs are behind in comparison the your upper body. More squats, lunges and variations bud

karl144

karl144

Awards
Yeah will do!! Like I mentioned I was suffering from a hamstring injury so that really set me back for a while, thanks for your advice, I'll make sure I focus more on legs from now on!

karl144

karl144

Awards
Progress update - Im training six times a week now and I'm actually getting addicted to going!
Strength has increased noticeably from when I first started 5/6 months ago, just going to log some numbers do I can check back and see what I've achieved.
Bench press - 6 rep x 4 maxing @ 130kg
Deadlift - 6 rep x 4 maxing @ 130kg
Squat - 6 rep x 4 maxing @ 120kg

I know I'm still not eating enough, some days I have absolutely no appetite to eat, it's really annoying.ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1432258646.554875.jpg

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Congratulations on the progress! You should consider running a training log.

karl144

karl144

Awards
Yeah I started one today :) sorry to bug you all!
I had the skinniest legs ever before I started training, my nickname was "chicken legs" lol.
Do you think they are still really skinny or can you guys see any progress? ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1432310400.175043.jpgImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1432310420.071590.jpg

mdabbott2009

Awards
Get that dead lift going. You've great results so far keep it up

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah I started one today :) sorry to bug you all!
I had the skinniest legs ever before I started training, my nickname was "chicken legs" lol.
Do you think they are still really skinny or can you guys see any progress?
Well what are you doing for legs as far as training goes?

karl144

karl144

Awards
Hey, another quick update, so I have again changed my program, im now doing 100% compound exercises 5/6 times a week with added arm/shoulder and back workouts.
I'm also now playing football 4/5 times a week, weight is staying at 84kg and Im pretty happy with my progress.

Legs consists of squats, deadlifts, leg press, hamstrings, quads and calves.

Nearly 7 months now having never lifted before

karl144

karl144

Awards
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1435586159.979931.jpg
Arms don't look like they have changed much when relaxed, any advice is welcome as to how I could improve the relaxed size of my arms